New Drag strip coming to Jax, FL? - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Drag strip coming to Jax, FL?
Monday, October 31, 2005 7:03 PM
Kudo's goes to Zach on the find. He posted this on a forum board I frequent as well.

It appears Jax Raceway is closing, and another gentlemen is stepping up and trying to get a good track foundation. What do you guys think?

Check it out. Comments? I hope this works, it would drastically reduce street racing I would think.

First Coast Racing's Website.

Josh
SLK 32

Re: New Drag strip coming to Jax, FL?
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 4:10 AM
I talked to Doc(he is the owner of the site and FCR) on that site last night for 1.5 hrs and so far they dont have a location for the track ... so keep your fingers crossed

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 5:25 AM
either way, from what they say what they plan on doing, it should be a pretty awsome all inclusive track!!!

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 6:18 AM
I heard about it on my local board (intmo.com). I'm keeping my fingers crossed too. It would be great to have another nice facility within a hour's drive.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:47 AM
At the request of Whore, I went ahead and created an account.

I'm Doc, the CEO of First Coast Racing. Anything you guys are curious about, or any questions you have about this project, send me a message, either here or at the website at www.firstcoastracing.com

Yes, there are forums there, but they are not intended to compete with any of the other fine forums for the area. They are only there for people interested in what we are doing to ask questions, and for the board of directors to release information.

Thanks, and we look forward to racing with you guys soon!

Doc

www.firstcoastracing.com
The next track you race on, should be ours!
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:10 AM
awsome!! never like jax racing when it was open! a new track facility is greatly needed in this area!! make a decent track w/o a dirt entrance and im there!!

***Need an '00 or up Cavalier shell...stock prefered...email me and make an offer***
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:11 AM
also doc, id be up for keeping on local officals for you.

***Need an '00 or up Cavalier shell...stock prefered...email me and make an offer***
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:13 AM
Would you be able to give us some idea on aproximatly some areas that you have in mind, or is that top secret??
Do you guys have an architect, or plan designer already that youre using?
You plan on having any of the NASCAR, or Bush series races there?
Local's sat night races?

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:53 AM
I doubt they would be able to attract any of the major NASCAR series (bush, cup, etc.). I would only expect USAR Hooters or ASA series (at the most) for a stock car circle track series.

How ambitious are you Doc? Are we looking at a 3/4 to 1 mile circle track with an infield road course or a full blown road course like Road Atlanta?

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 12:02 PM
A few answers to the questions you guys gave out. As for exact location, I can't say specifics, but I can tell you about as much as I was able to tell Intimidator:
West of Chafee road, east of 301, north of 103rd, and still in Duval county.....That's general enough you guys should know at least it won't be TOO far away...And no, there's no property "for sale" out there. This has taken research, and now county official lobbying to get these pieces of property to even talk....

We're looking at a 1/4 mile drag strip, a 1/2 mile paved oval, and a 4.1 mile road course with 22 different configuration possibilities and lengths, and the possibility of it being ran as two courses at once. we anticipate being able to run all three tracks at once, though that will never be the case. Most circle track events are exclusively at night, most roadcourse events are exclusively during the day, and the drag strip can go either way. We are confident we will have no problem running all three facilities simultaneously.

Once the property is agreed on, we will be receiving bids from engineers for the design -- hard to design a track without the specific property layout in mind. We have several preliminary drawings for the facility, which I will get at least one rough copy out in the next few days (my engineer is in CA at the moment).

We do NOT plan on attempting to attract NASCAR or Bush Grand National. They do quite a good job at Daytona, the Frances have our utmost respect, and we wouldn't want to tarnish anything in that area by seeming to come in and "play their game" so to speak. We do, however, have contracts in place for several Southeast US racing series (again, can't release them, but you guys are on the right track in your thinking) and two national racing series. We plan on attempting to start series events as well, as a track in this area would connect the tracks in Gainesville and Valdosta, and allow them to run local "series" events as well. Perhaps a bracket series, or an import series between the three tracks. We also anticipate motorcycle series and working closely with Jennings GP. Hopefully they will see an increase in track poularity as well.

From the way this started, to the way this is headed, I would consider us extremely ambitious....But this will be successful. I'm not being cocky, or arrogant, or anything of the sort, but you guys will make or break us. You guys need a place to go race, the local shops need a place for people to take the parts they sell and play with them, and there is nowhere like that. If we keep you happy, we'll be fine.

www.firstcoastracing.com
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 3:13 PM
Hello Doc . Glad you dropped in to say hello . If theres any thing a bunch of J-body people can do to help .. Just let us know .. We have a nice little group of people here in Jax ..

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 4:11 PM
Quote:

and a 4.1 mile road course with 22 different configuration possibilities and lengths, and the possibility of it being ran as two courses at once

If I could do a jig(out of my happiness upon reading that) on the internet, I would. Thats the next best thing to getting a Z06 for christmas.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 5:10 PM
Zach go get a towel and clean up your mess

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 5:36 PM
once we get the track, you'll have a reason to get a Z06 for Christmas. Chevrolet will love us!

(OK, let me be unprofessional for a second, and get into wish hope and pray mode)

If I can get the asphalt down......maybe I can talk one of the dealerships into letting the next camaro released to be one of the first vehicles to go on the track....convince them to do a demo day or something...

(OK, I know, it's wishful thinking they'll bring back the F....but I can hope, right? )

www.firstcoastracing.com

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 5:39 PM
If they did/do bring the f body back I'll take you like in my sig Please

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 6:41 PM
I paid to watch you do the jig Zach....That would funny as hell!!

Josh
SLK 32

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:30 PM
Yeah, I like your sig. F-body's been called a redneck car, a wanna-be sports car, and all sorts of other things. But I've had a 78, 86IROC, and a 96, built two 69's and a 68 and I loved every single one of them. The particular one you've got in your signature line makes me salivate!

jeeze... A bunch of GM nuts, you guys REALLY aren't good for my professional image (I grew up GM, just got rid of my classic last week for fear of lack of time).

www.firstcoastracing.com

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:29 AM
^^ hmm
i have a "DZ" 302........ siting around.

any way thats awsome, i just hope im still around when this gets compleated.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:51 AM
why wouldn't you be?

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:20 AM
because its too damn hot down in the south!

and i'm geting out of the Corps, and looking for a job, however i could be persweaded to stay if a job poped up.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search