Parting out the Cav - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Parting out the Cav
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:34 AM
Hey guys. Just wanted to let you all know that my 1996/97/00/02 mutt cavalier is getting parted out entirely. If there is anything you need, hit me up on here, on AIM (VdazedV), or in e-mail (thomas_1_@yahoo.com). I will complile a list of everything I can think of off the top of my head and some reasonable prices when I get off work.

I need the car to be moveable for a little while though, so I can't let any major parts go just yet unless you have a suitable replacement (i.e. induction dynamics intake trade for $ and stock airbox.). The tranny may be gone already, as are possibly the rims. Everything else is pretty much fair game for now.

If there is anything you need, let me know. I don't want to ship anything really large because, well because I'm a lazy ass and don't want to have to find a box for it!

Re: Parting out the Cav
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:39 AM
I'm going to try to find the most recent pictures for you guys. Maybe I can con someone into taking some pics for me since my camera decided it wanted to stay in Cancun when I went in July.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 7:11 AM
what year is your cluster ? how much ?
P/L switches ?
P/W swithces ?
there might be more stuff, but i need more details on what you have !!!

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 7:20 AM
97 cluster: $10
no factory power... I threw in a Spal window kit and Autolock solenoids when I shaved the handles (solenoids are not for sale, the'll be going on the other cav )

A little more info would probable be helpful:

The car is technically a 1996 Cavalier with no options. I did a 2000 headlight conversion, and swapped the interior and bumpers from a 2002 LS Sport. The engine is out of a 1997 2.2L (threw a rod in the original '96 engine).

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 7:46 AM
When the time comes, I'm interested in the trunklid.. You can add in a little box labor to the price as long as it's still reasonable ....and it's still in good condition.

I'll have a better idea, when I see the list. I'll probably take off some interior parts off your hand.

Convert 00+ headlights to 95-99
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 10:13 AM
i'm call dibs on the cluster, and if you have the front bottom lip for that LS, i'll take that too off of your hand.

doubtfull but probably don't have a dimmer panel with fog light switch, do you?

get the list together and i'll see what else i want

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:02 PM
how much for the side skirts? I REALLY NEED THOSE!!

Jon
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:42 PM
KenwoodKav (1dersk8) wrote:When the time comes, I'm interested in the trunklid.. You can add in a little box labor to the price as long as it's still reasonable ....and it's still in good condition.

I'll have a better idea, when I see the list. I'll probably take off some interior parts off your hand.

I may keep the trunk lid for the other car... I'll let you know when the time comes to let the wrecker haul the car away

buzz122 wrote:i'm call dibs on the cluster, and if you have the front bottom lip for that LS, i'll take that too off of your hand.

doubtfull but probably don't have a dimmer panel with fog light switch, do you?

get the list together and i'll see what else i want

Cluster is yours, but again, I need that until the car can get hauled away. The car doesn't move without the cluster until you fred flinstone the bitch. No dimmer panel w/fog switch either... sorry, cheap ass chevy didn't give me one

I was hoping to sell the bumper with the lip (actually sell the whole kit in one), but I'll think about it.

red97cavy wrote:how much for the side skirts? I REALLY NEED THOSE!!

Jon

See above... also, unless you will be in the area, we will have to see what we can work out... I really don't want to deal with shipping anything large.

I'll be working late tonight most likely, so look for a list when you get online tomorrow.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:00 PM
damn it....... i didn't think about getting replacement skirts.......
and actually, yes, you can drive the car without the cluster, you just can't tell how fast youre going, and how much gas is left........ and besides all he other info.... and that is it............
so it will drive.................

how much for the headlights?

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:56 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^ Buzz ^^^^^ Actually you can not drive his cavy without the cluster .. It's part of the anti theft . the car will crank but then cut rt off

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 3:48 AM
If the 2k+ headlight swap is for sale let me know. I want to do the conversion ASAP!

Also I have a vibrant short ram, what do you want for you ID intake?

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:34 AM
Hey guys. I'm working on the list on my breaks at work. It's fairly complete, but I want to make sure I have everything I can imagine to be asked, and I want to make sure that I have things fairy priced.

Also, I found out my new car won't be here until around new years, so I can't start taking much off just yet. The good part about this is that I can get pictures, prices, and answer any questions before I start tearing into it.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 11:11 AM
do u have clear corners? or just regular corners? cuz i need a passenger side clear corner, mine broke

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:32 PM
I have a passenger side clear corner that still okay....i think the drivers side is broke though. I don't have 00 headlights anymore since I converted to the older style.

We send out stuff by UPS here at work, so I'll find out tomorrow how much shipping will be and send them to you.........Merry Christmas!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:34 PM
My bad elf....I just looked at them and it's the long stem piece is broke off both of them. If you want them though, lemme know, and give me your address. ap_1der01@yahoo.com

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:41 PM
If you have springs, let me know how much, keep in mind i'm still in school, pockets sre very low let me know

just riding around in the 4 door cav
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 4:42 PM
still wanting the 2k+ headlight swap

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:05 PM
Don't jack the thread, KenwoodKav

Thanks for the sig, Blakout.
Thursday, December 22, 2005 5:27 AM
Did you not see my first post? Plus, I was just helping out elf. Why do you have to make a worthless post about it?

Thursday, December 22, 2005 7:43 AM
Hey guys. Sorry it's taking so long. I'm working as much as I can the next few weeks to get some bills paid off and take care of Christmas. I have the list pretty much completed. I mean to post it last night, but I forgot to bring my laptop home with me from work, and of course the list was stored on it.
The list is in a simple format with the Part, the price, whether I will be willing to ship (SHIPPING NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE), and whether the part has been sold. If you have any questions, just ask. If there is anything else you need, let me know.

Part | Price | Will Ship? | Sold

Interior:

Whole Interior | $400.00 | No |
Seats (F&R) | $100.00 | No |
Front Seats (ea.) | $30.00 | No |
Rear Seat | $60.00 | No |
Rear 1/4 panel's | $30.00 | No |
Center Console | $20.00 | No |
Door panels | $75.00 | No |
Dash top | $35.00 | No |
1999 Dash overlay | $30.00 | Yes |
2002 Dash overlay | $30.00 | Yes |
Main Dash Assembly | $50.00 | No |
Steering Column cover | $10.00 | Yes |
Glove Box | $10.00 | Yes |
Steering Wheel | $25.00 | Yes |

Exterior:

Front bumper | $60.00 | No |
Rear bumper | $75.00 | No |
LS Sport Lips/Skirts | $200.00 | No | Yes
Y2K headlights | $100.00 | Yes |
Clear Corners | $10.00 | Yes | Yes
Hood | $30.00 | No |
Fenders | $35.00 | No |
Trunk | $35.00 | No |
2002 taillights | $40.00 | No | Yes
APC Led M3 mirrors | $30.00 | Yes |

Audio and Electrical:

Pioneer Organic HU | $100.00 | Yes |
Pioneer Speakers (5 1/4's and 6 1/2's)| $30.00 | Yes |
Pioneer Sub w/box | $50.00 | No |
Pioneer Amp | $30.00 | Yes |
Gauges | $10.00 | Yes |
Spal Power Windows *e-mail for info | $40.00 | Yes |
AC climate controls | $10.00 | Yes |
AirBags | $100.00 | Yes |

Engine:

Complete Engine (You pull) | $250.00 | No |
Head | $50.00 | Yes |
TB | $30.00 | Yes |
Block | $50.00 | No |
Valve Cover | $30.00 | Yes |
Ind. Dyn. CAI | $100.00 | Yes |
RK upper Mount | $8.00 | Yes |
Radiator | $40.00 | Yes |
Coolant bottle | $10.00 | Yes |
Cooling fan | $30.00 | Yes |

Transmission:

Manual Transmission (You pull) | $200.00 | No |
Clutch | $25.00 | Yes |
Shifter assembly | $25.00 | Yes |
Pedals | $20.00 | Yes |

Suspension:

Wheels | $250.00 | No | Pending
Calipers | $20.00 | Yes |

This is just a generally idea I could come up with off the top of my head. If there is anything else you need, let me know.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:12 PM
KenwoodKav (1dersk8) wrote:Did you not see my first post? Plus, I was just helping out elf. Why do you have to make a worthless post about it?

Why do you have to get all up in arms?

Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:12 PM
^^^^^ That was me. Didn't log off his name.

Thanks for the sig, Blakout.
Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:23 PM
i'll take the front seats off your hands.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:28 PM
I want the following:
Y2K headlights | $100.00
Front bumper | $60.00
Fenders | $35.00
RK upper Mount | $8.00
and possibly the washer motor, and the inner fender linings.
Thanks. Email me at casimbon@yahoo.com if I could get those items from you.

--CAS

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:37 PM
Im trying to rebuild my front end. My bumper is busted and the headlight brackets, fenders and fender linings are toast. The washer fluid motor is not a necessity at the moment. The motor mount I want though.

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search