New Guy - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Guy
Saturday, December 24, 2005 9:23 PM
Hello everyone! New guy to the group, just got a 2000 Sunfire and decided make it a project car. Nothing special yet, but working on it. Its a 2.2L have already added an Injen Cold Air intake, Strut tower Kit (front and rear), Sway Bar Kit, and nice Stereo System. Waiting on Header and exhaust Kit to come in as well as Coilover suspension. Any suggestions as far as body kits, graphics, horsepower, etc. Not to familar with 4 cyclinder cars but its a new experience! Just had a bad run with a 1996 Mustang GT. (Totaled it out. ) But any suggestions will be great. Thanks and happy holidays.
Terry

LCPL Thompson
1/2 CAAT
United States Marine Corp
1999 - 2004
Weapons and Feild Batt.

Your V 8 may have horsepower but mine has horsepower and better gas mileage.

Re: New Guy
Saturday, December 24, 2005 9:46 PM
well let me welcome you dude, i'm the youngest i think around 17, well if you have questions as far as performance and such all your questions might already be answered, check out the other forums, GO GO GO, and the newbie forum, peace and welcomr

just riding around in the 4 door cav
Saturday, December 24, 2005 9:46 PM
well let me welcome you dude, i'm the youngest i think around 17, well if you have questions as far as performance and such all your questions might already be answered, check out the other forums, GO GO GO, and the newbie forum, peace and welcome

Saturday, December 24, 2005 10:40 PM
awwwwwwww DOULBLE POST (points and laughs). just messing with ya walter

if you need any info or help you can just post here. we have alot of people that know their Js and a few that arnt full of BS.

Sunday, December 25, 2005 1:06 AM
cool. thanks! yeah I don't know that much about 4 cyc, but they can't be that different from v8's. But learning is part of life.

Terry

Sunday, December 25, 2005 6:23 AM
Welcome to the J scene! Theres plenty info here...all you have to do is search.
And youre more than welcome to email me with any questions. I have a 99
Sunfire 2200 myself.
Welcome to the .org!

Sunday, December 25, 2005 6:45 AM
I'm kinda sorta close to ya! I'm in Newnan,GA which is right near the border when you zoom out in google maps haha. Welcome though!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Sunday, December 25, 2005 7:44 AM
20jbody02 wrote:well let me welcome you dude, i'm the youngest i think around 17, well if you have questions as far as performance and such all your questions might already be answered, check out the other forums, GO GO GO, and the newbie forum, peace and welcomr

you mea to tell me this whoole time you let me think i was that youngest!? ugh haha.. im 18

Welcome to the .org and don't pay any attention to the douche's here they love to start stuff.

Thanks
Shaun
www.ShowStopperTuning.com

Sunday, December 25, 2005 8:24 AM
Everyone likes a little ass time to time, but no one likes a smart ass!!! But its cool!!! If they can dish it I can serve back. Nice ride CAV-ATL. Is it you moms? lol (just jokeing)

Sunday, December 25, 2005 8:41 AM
Shaun - ShowStopperTuning.net wrote:
20jbody02 wrote:well let me welcome you dude, i'm the youngest i think around 17, well if you have questions as far as performance and such all your questions might already be answered, check out the other forums, GO GO GO, and the newbie forum, peace and welcomr

you mea to tell me this whoole time you let me think i was that youngest!? ugh haha.. im 18

Welcome to the .org and don't pay any attention to the douche's here they love to start stuff.

actually there are a few guys on the org who are like 15 if i remember right. so no
yall arent the youngest.

Sunday, December 25, 2005 9:07 AM
Terry Thompson wrote:Hello everyone! New guy to the group, just got a 2000 Sunfire and decided make it a project car. Nothing special yet, but working on it. Its a 2.2L have already added an Injen Cold Air intake, Strut tower Kit (front and rear), Sway Bar Kit, and nice Stereo System. Waiting on Header and exhaust Kit to come in as well as Coilover suspension. Any suggestions as far as body kits, graphics, horsepower, etc. Not to familar with 4 cyclinder cars but its a new experience! Just had a bad run with a 1996 Mustang GT. (Totaled it out. ) But any suggestions will be great. Thanks and happy holidays.
Terry

LCPL Thompson
1/2 CAAT
United States Marine Corp
1999 - 2004
Weapons and Feild Batt.

im gonna save you some flamage, NO on the graphics!!!! and honestly without sinking an @$$load of money into that motor, the only way your gonna get power from that car is to swap the motor out for either an ecotec or 2.4, and for a bodykit this IMO is the best looking 95-02 fire (John Piparo)(i believe its the explosion bodykit)

if you have any problems dont be afraid of asking or feel free to PM me and ill see if i can help.

Sunday, December 25, 2005 9:39 AM
Yes thats the Xplozion kit, and he would spend just as much money swapping
in an Ecotec or Quad 4 as he would building his 2.2. Its all in how much power
he hopes to make.

Sunday, December 25, 2005 10:56 AM
With all the problems John had with that kit, I wouldn't suggest it. I mean, that thing is absolute sex, it deserves much humpng, but it's hard to fit right. I've always been a fan of the streetfire kit from RKsport. There are tons of options, though, and when you're ready get in touch with Karo from carcustoms.net or Jason from aplusperformance.com.

Welcome, as well!

As for all you other guys...damm, are there really 15 year olds? I felt super young being 18. i know there's a 16 year old in AG....I wonder how Dave doesn't get in trouble for that.

Thanks for the sig, Blakout.
Sunday, December 25, 2005 12:13 PM
Yeah the fitment of that kit is crap! The only part that fits halfway nice is the rear bumper.
I bought that kit last year and never even used it. Yep I'm pretty sure there was a 15 year old posting a while back. I feel kinda old at 21 but I'm not even close to bein the oldest.

Sunday, December 25, 2005 6:38 PM
mahcmos wrote:Yes thats the Xplozion kit, and he would spend just as much money swapping
in an Ecotec or Quad 4 as he would building his 2.2. Its all in how much power
he hopes to make.

Not so. If you can do the work your self a ecotec swap is about $750-1000. If you can;t do the work then add another $1000. (roughly). The 2.4 swap would be easier, and probably less.

FU Tuning

Sunday, December 25, 2005 9:00 PM
I had just turned 17 when i joined

Sunday, December 25, 2005 9:41 PM
Cool. Thanks for all the help guys and gals. I have looked at a few "APC" body kits, but just have not seen any I like. In the future, the 2.4L swap may be alittle bit cheaper and easier. My wife has a 2001 Oldsmoble Alero (5 speed) She may get alittle pissed off at me but it will be for a good cause. As far as age groups, I am 22. But its cool to meet some more people that are into 4 bangers! If you all ever need a place to work on your rides I do have Shop/Garage at my place. Nothing Special, but it does a Air Pro Lift and I have my entire G.I. bill in Snap-On, Matco, and MAC tools. Its mainly full of pony parts right now, but I think E-Bay can help with that. Thanks for all the info and hope to meet some or all of you soon.

Terry Thompson
00whitesunfire

Sunday, December 25, 2005 10:08 PM
looks like i fount a new garage to live in

if i wasnt 3 states away i might would take you up on that

Sunday, December 25, 2005 10:24 PM
Well anytime your down this way look me up! It was originally going to be a full hp shop, but my father passed back in 1999, and it just didn't seem the same with out him. He was a big time high performance guy! But hope to one day get my B.L.

Monday, December 26, 2005 9:11 AM
dude we have to make a trip down there lol ,i wanna check out the shop

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:03 PM
i love to hate the org...

Thursday, December 29, 2005 4:52 PM
Quote:

pistolero
I had just turned 17 when i joined

and hes all of like 17 1/2 now i think. you no jbody having mofo.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search