Gauging intrest on an Old South meet - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gauging intrest on an Old South meet
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 7:23 PM
Hi this is Rapfiend03 from the San Antonio J-Body Org (www.sajbody.org) and we are expanding very fast and so is the Texas J car club. So with all this expansion i was wondering if yall would be intrested in an "Old South" J meet? this would be sometime late next year (roughly around Oct/Nov 06) and it would be in a "middle" state that is inbetween Texas and Georgia/Carolina's/Florida. The meet would prob consist of a BBQ/pic shoot/street cruisin/general tomfoolery so the choice city would have to be bigger in nature. I know i would love to do this and diff SAJ's would love to take a road trip also. So what do yall think would this work? Would yall show? Gimme an idea if we should start planning this. Also yall are more than welcome to come into SAJBO's forums to chat to us or whatever. ill be posting this exact post in the south central forum and in the SAJBO forums so uhh yea. lates!--Bo aka Rapfiend03 admin of SAJBO

Re: Gauging intrest on an Old South meet
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 8:08 PM
what is there between here and there. nawlins? thats all i can think of and its still garbage right now. id say cruise the natchaz trace or something. that would be really fun. but a little sooner when the weather is nice like in aug/sept. but if it sounds like a good meet then id be in.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 8:30 PM
as far as month i was just throwing that out there, but most of texas would be looking at going out there around the latter part of the 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter of the year. state i was kinda looking at maybe alabama/mississippi/tennesse region something in the middle of georgia and texas. hmmm maybe memphis i dunno like i said im really just gauging intrest on if we should do it, location, and date. and whats the natchaz trace?

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:50 PM
i would most likely be able to go if it was in alabama or really close to it ( border of tennessee or mississippi ) I don't really have a suggestion as for a date, but if it is done around November maybe the weekend before thanksgiving would be good for us who are in college and would be off that week. It would probably make more people free to go on a road trip. anyways just my thoughts on the subject. Good luck on getting this set up!

Thanks
Shaun
www.ShowStopperTuning.com

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:08 AM
well since ur in alabama and prob know some of miss. whats a big town that has a lot to do in alabama or miss? that isn't real racist.....my dirty mexican ass doesn't wanna get hanged

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 1:32 PM
i like memphis. if they have nawlins cleaned up then id love to go there.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:23 PM
Memphis sounds good, another texas j was saying if there was any big towns in Alabama?

Thursday, December 08, 2005 5:01 AM
Don't wanna go to Nawlins` trust me. Not with our cars atleast, theft and crime is huge around the french quarter.

Wish GA was more central to the south now haha. This would be the perfect time to put my idea of renting out Road Atlanta for a day or weekend in effect. Ga would be pretty central if we weren't going as far west as Texas and such. I want to meet all you guys down that way though, would be pretty cool since I've been everywhere else in the US besides those parts. Whenever it is I'm down though.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, December 08, 2005 3:17 PM
rapfiend03 wrote:well since ur in alabama and prob know some of miss. whats a big town that has a lot to do in alabama or miss? that isn't real racist.....my dirty mexican ass doesn't wanna get hanged

come to birmingham alabama its the biggest city in alabama (thats where i live) although it was the Nigga hanging captial of the south back in the day its not so bad now. ive lived here all my life and have never experenced racism once. most of the white people here are cool but you still have some hang'em high rednecks here and there but thats anywhere in the south. we had a meet in birmingham this pass summer and had a great time (osted by me and my carclub) i think it would be fun.

Sinister Ambitions
when your girl is getting on your last nerve f*#k her dont fight her
Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:50 PM
i still like memphis. its a long drive for me but atleast its a good local.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:57 PM
birmingham or memphis sound good. which one has more entertainment? parks?

Thursday, December 08, 2005 5:38 PM
Heck if its close enough i might could make it. It just
depends on what happens between now and then.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:15 AM
Memphis has a 1/4 mile dragstrip. There are a couple of 1/8ths in Alabama. Not sure about MS, but I am sure something is there. Just some ideas.

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Saturday, December 10, 2005 12:30 PM
I know memphis has a shiot load to do and the jazz resurants are TOP NOTCH.

There's a little area right down the street from where Martin Luther King got shot and kill (r.i.p) that has a good variety of entertainment. I'd deffinately go back. We stayed on the better part of town and commuted over to that side of town.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:11 PM
sweet memphis is sounding better and better....

Friday, December 23, 2005 1:49 PM
bump

Sunday, December 25, 2005 8:36 AM
Sure me and my wife are down, just decide on a time and date.

Your V 8 may have horsepower but mine has horsepower and better gas mileage.
Sunday, December 25, 2005 9:10 AM
Rob wrote:Memphis has a 1/4 mile dragstrip. There are a couple of 1/8ths in Alabama. Not sure about MS, but I am sure something is there. Just some ideas.

there is a 1/4 mile about 30-45 mins out side of b-ham in steel. but yall decide and ill try to make it.

Thursday, December 29, 2005 7:19 PM
lets take a vote. Memphis in may. 1 vote.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search