Is NOPI coming back to Steele this year? - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is NOPI coming back to Steele this year?
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:58 PM
Was wondering if anyone has heard anything about them coming back to Steele this year. I checked the website and couldn't find out anything

Re: Is NOPI coming back to Steele this year?
Thursday, January 12, 2006 3:11 PM
Thanks for getting in touch with us, we appreciate your interest. Unfortunately, Steele is not on our schedule for 2006. WE loved coming over to visit the good people of Alabama, but the track just won't support the faster Pro Drag racing teams, and without a complete program it's hard for us to make enough to pay our expenses. We are doing a car show in Knoxville, TN Aug 11,12,&13. but the closest NDRA event will probably be Valdosta in south Georgia.

Please give everyone our best regards over there, hope we see you again soon!

I guess that answers that question!!!!!! This really sucks!!!!!
Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:05 PM
Damn that sucks I lovedit I went both years. But I guess that means I'll get to go to the Crawfish Boil this year,. I really wish they would come back!!!!!

Ya that's right I'm STYLIN'
Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:26 PM
Tell me about it. That 2nd post was the exact e mail from Mark Smith at NOPI today. Well ,nothing to look forward to there.
Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:48 PM
Not a problem, let's all get a group up and we will go to the nearest meets that they will be at. I have tried to coordinate meets to NOPI Nats and hey, let's make one this year. I WILL BE THERE this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Year before last they had a couple of REALLY SWEET Jbody's there in a tent. One was a yellow cav and a yellow fire. If anyone wants to gather up a group to go, let's start a thread and make it happen.

L8R
Rich
Sunday, January 15, 2006 1:19 PM
I'm with you on that. I would especially love to see some other ladys like myself take a little more of an active role. We would love to have others show up.
Monday, January 16, 2006 5:51 PM
What at NOPI??? There are many ladies that are there taking that initiative. I remember being blown away by the knowledge when I asked what all had been done to the car....course her license plate said "hers". Trust me you are in good company. I know here in HSV, I have seen lots of women at least with cars that are turning heads.....now the dividing line is whether the ladies know what is happening to the car they are driving and why. I like it when a woman can turn wrenches with the rest of the bunch or can drive like the rest of the bunch.
We just got a new 2001 (new to us) Cougar.

This car is Lori's.

It is a 5 speed and she loves it. She is as hard on it as I am to the Cavi, which is pretty hard. Don't even try to mess with her when she is on her way to or from work, she will put you in your place. LOL. But I have seen more women jump in the ring with the rest and do better than the guys so, I say, yeah, get in the ring and do better, go faster, go farther and learn this craft better than the other guy so that you can add to the collective knowledge.

L8R
Rich
Monday, January 16, 2006 7:35 PM
If the ladys show up to Nopi thats great, but I was really talking about around here locally. Like at our j meets and stuff. We have a car club, and I can't find another chick for the life of me. They drive the cars, but know nothing about them ,and I hate that. I can't hang out with a chick that won't get dirty. I'm tired of being surrounded by guys. And the general situation I'm in is most men that don't know me think I'm some prissy girl, since the car is pink, and my husabnd did all the work, So not the case. I'm fully aware and knowledable of what has been done to the car, and what is the the works, and what its goonna take to get it done. My car is up for a redo for this show season, (but sorry folks, its staying the same color).
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 5:23 PM
boospinkleer wrote:If the ladys show up to Nopi thats great, but I was really talking about around here locally. Like at our j meets and stuff. We have a car club, and I can't find another chick for the life of me. They drive the cars, but know nothing about them ,and I hate that. I can't hang out with a chick that won't get dirty. I'm tired of being surrounded by guys. And the general situation I'm in is most men that don't know me think I'm some prissy girl, since the car is pink, and my husabnd did all the work, So not the case. I'm fully aware and knowledable of what has been done to the car, and what is the the works, and what its goonna take to get it done. My car is up for a redo for this show season, (but sorry folks, its staying the same color).

No doubt. It is all about leading by example. Go show them that it is possible and you know how so they can too. That is really cool that you turn the wrenches. So now the ultimate question do you work on the husband' s car? LOL The next question. Who whens when it comes to the best mods? And who has better technique? LOL

Have fun, remember it is a craft and a hobby.

Don't Forget, NOPI Nats, This year, I want the whole crew there!!!! Planning to begin soon....

L8R
Rich
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 5:44 PM
We both help one another. Theres never a spare minute to sit down with 2 show cars, and being self employed. Well we don't know who will win yet, some like mine better, some like his, most people like em both. we love both of them equally. But, of course I have better technique, but only cause I'm female LOL. I guess we
ll see who wins at the shows this year. We bought his car about 8 months ago, and its already on its 2nd redo, you can see what we just acheived in the alabama meet post, .I just wish he'd make up his mind. I'm tired of the paint work. I think hes got it now, I sure hope. But yeah, definitely Nopi, we''ll also be at the Pigeon Forge meet. We don't live to far from you, just south of Arab by about 20 minutes, If your ever in our neck of the woods. We got a car club Sick Fixation, mostly J's but we have others, just absolutely no 4 wheel drives. Later!
Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:35 AM
cool. We will have to do that sometime...

L8R

Thursday, January 19, 2006 11:27 AM
damn that sux!!! no money for me this year

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search