electronic fuel pump in gas tank - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
electronic fuel pump in gas tank
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:40 PM
i have a 98 cav with 96k miles on it and today it died the shop by my house said that it is the electronic fuel pump inside the gas tank has anyone else had this problem? they want to charge me 500 for parts and 314 for labor let me know what you guys think

Re: electronic fuel pump in gas tank
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:48 PM
You should be able to turn the key on and hear the pump if it is working. This does happen from time to time. We have a couple extra pumps (stock). To get a factory replacement new it is $300, because it is the whole unit. You can get a aftermarket pump for about $100, then needs to be installed.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:03 PM
thepump that is in the gas tank????

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:22 PM
I've had that problem, that job is a two person job, around june of last year my car was jerking and when i got it in the yard it DIED, my dad and i changed them out, got both fuel pumps aftermarket threw one of my dads friends for about $65, but its a 2 person job, him and i did it together, in a couple of hours, the hard part is getting the gas tank out with gas in it, but like john sad, sit in the car be quite nothing on, meaning audio and turn the ignition like your cranking the car and you should hear the fuel pumps fire, if not, one or maybe both are gone

just riding around in the 4 door cav
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:33 PM
are these the fuel pumps in rksport?

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 3:03 PM
yea i had mine go out too awhile back...me and my buddy next door did it in about an hour..... it took a little while bc the tank was full.....

good luck with yours

i think the ones in RKsport will work

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 3:34 PM
Paul Richwine wrote:are these the fuel pumps in rksport?

I think what they sell is the inline pumps for boost. You want a Walboro 255 pump. I can get you a used stock pump for about $50-$60.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search