Anybody in the south Alabama area? - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anybody in the south Alabama area?
Friday, December 18, 2009 11:50 AM
Hey Im from dothan just wondering if there were any fellow .org members near buy.

Re: Anybody in the south Alabama area?
Friday, December 18, 2009 12:38 PM
I'm in what should be southern Alabama lol. You should hit up one of TOCC's meets, we're not doing shows right now but we have dinner and movie nights every so often

Friday, December 18, 2009 2:44 PM
TOCC? The sunfire is lookin kinda crappy at the moment lol. and im not gonna be finished with my other car by spring fling. I lost my job so... but yea u guys r from PC right? any more js besides ures down there? I know Gary is a member on here I see him once in a while. Hes got the black fire with stock red int. that was at spring fling last year.

Friday, December 18, 2009 3:41 PM
www.tricked-out.com - Tricked Out Car Club

Only car club in PC that cares more about the people than the cars, great people. Yep, about an hour away in PC and there's a couple more Cavs in the club. Nick's got a '00 Z24 with a few mods and Eric has the white/blue Cav I was parked next to in my pic thread.

Who's Gary? Sean(cav2hav) is over in Pensacola and he should be at Spring Fling too.

Friday, December 18, 2009 10:18 PM
Yea I know Sean he came up to a cook out with our car club Intense Visions a while back. He is good people. Maybe we can all get together sometime. Did you see my Slooowww progress thread? Its a sneak peak at what im trying to accomplish. You guys are more than welcome to ride up and see it in person some time.

Friday, December 18, 2009 10:34 PM
Im in Pensacola FL right now. Only for training though. Ill be gone soon.

Saturday, December 19, 2009 8:41 PM
Stephanie and Lee wrote:Maybe we can all get together sometime.

That'd be cool, maybe New Years weekend

Sunday, December 20, 2009 6:56 PM
all of you up in Dothan are good people also. You to John.
well you should see my white one! its not looking so good either. thats why im swapping everything over to my Silver one.

I'm pretty interested in a small meet. just let me know.
Monday, December 21, 2009 10:20 AM
that sounds like fun. im tight on money with my engine swap and no job lol but we might can pull something off. If nothing else I will be at spring fling for sure.Did either of u guys place last year? The first year we went they put us in the jbody class and we took 2nd then the next year they put us in the pontiac class and we took 2nd then this past year we didnt even place? Then the guy on stage was all like "whats a j-body anyway" and that kinda pissed me off lol but its all for fun. Anybody know the guy with the white cavfire with the drift kit it was pretty sexy best I remember.

Monday, December 21, 2009 10:56 AM
Now all we got to do is figure out a medium between Dothan, PC and Pensacola lol. I got 3rd in the J class last year but I'm not expecting a trophy this year unless I do an engine swap

Monday, December 21, 2009 8:12 PM
i have no problem with a lil traveling to either dothan/pcb. just let me know. well that cavfire (that i think your talking about) from what i remember was rushed and had overspray all over and wasnt that great up close. the one that looked good was the purple/white cavy with sunfire tails, impala headlights and quad hood scoops (lil overboard). i believe it had orange wheels last year.

i i know the guy who placed 2nd last year. he had a red 03 with the razzi kit and non chrome ls rims. i dont think he will be there this year.

John why you not expecting to place this year? your car is alot cleaner than the 1st/2nd place cavys.

Monday, December 21, 2009 8:50 PM
Appreciate it but I'm lacking engine mods and that will be my only lacking area once I'm lowered. Actually went to look at a rolled '00 Z24 with a low mileage motor but it turns out they swapped for an Eco. Thought I had the 2.4 I've been looking for, eventually I'll bite the bullet and get the head work done on the 2200 I've got sitting in the shop.

I remember the last two you mentioned, both looked pretty clean.

Pier Park would be nice, plenty of places to eat and get some pics together.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 11:38 AM
That would be ok with me. I know two other people up here with cavys but there not the best quality wink wink. They were also at Spring fling they had the red and black 4dr and blue and black 2dr with the crappy paint. Looks like bass boat flake. lol im afraid I may have to be on stock steelies cause my 17s, 18s, 15s, and New 18s, all need tires . We are planning to completely redo the sunfire next winter so Im gonna try to put very little money in it like it is until then. The cav is my main thing for this year. Hey john if ur intersted in a v6 swap have lots of extra parts including a whole nother engine. It had a bottom end knock with brand new heads so I bout it cheap for the heads but I have another set aswell. two 2200 flywheels anothe tming cover mount all kinds of crap.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 1:03 PM
I remember those two, really didn't say a whole bunch but it couldn't hurt to invite them. My car isn't perfect by any means so it doesn't matter how yours looks.

I work Sunday mornings so maybe Jan. 2? I know it's right after New Years but....

I don't think I'm going to go with a v6 swap since I've got a low mileage 2200 waiting to be built. I'd love to get a 2.4 but I can't find any with decent mileage so I'm going to keep looking and hope my current 2200 doesn't die lol. Plus, I really can't afford the downtime since its my daily driver

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 1:14 PM
well i have to work Sat. Jan. 2nd. what about the following weekend?
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 3:16 PM
The following weekend would probably work, just got to make sure which day I'm working

Thursday, December 24, 2009 6:18 PM
I'm not too far from all of you.
Ocean Springs MS is just a short few hours to get to PC.
I do need to get the car back on the road but maybe this will be a good way to break the car in with a nice trip to a meet.
Any racing activities in Pensacola as far as 1/8 and 1/4 mile tracks?

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Saturday, December 26, 2009 8:28 PM
i dont know of any racing goin on i pensacola. ill have to check the Emerald coast dragway in Holt, FL which is right outside Pcola which is right off I-10 on way to PCB. you can see drag strip from interstate. i believe its an 1/8 mile.
Sunday, December 27, 2009 8:26 AM
Well if not in Pcola then Irvington has an 1/8 mile in Alabama.
Either way, I may have to hit you guys up when I get the Cavy back on the ground again.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Sunday, December 27, 2009 5:58 PM
I cant make it on the 9th. R.A.C.E in dothan is having there dyno night that night.

Sunday, December 27, 2009 10:06 PM
I'm working the 9th but I can do the 10th, can probably get some of TOCC to come out too

Thursday, December 31, 2009 8:22 AM
How does Jan. 10 sound to everybody?

Thursday, December 31, 2009 10:01 AM
I can probably make that. I also have a friend with a grand am that will probably come, and also I guy named Gary with a supercharged 2.4 cav.

Friday, January 01, 2010 9:33 AM
ill see what i can do. depends on what i have to do to my silver cavy. i should be stripping the white one down sooon to get the ground effxs into paint. if i do can make it the silver one will still be stock. lol
Friday, January 01, 2010 9:45 AM
fort walton florida

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search