laws? - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
laws?
Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:55 AM
Hi guys, i may be moving down to flordia around the end of august and i was wondering what ur laws were like for tints/radars/neons how big of @!#$s the cops can be for small things and stuff like that?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3364129

Re: laws?
Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:40 AM
well depends really on where your gonna live....... i know some areas are strike on tint and some light. my tint is pretty dark and most of the time they leave me alone. there big thing ive been seeing is more if they can hear you aka loud exhaust or stereo. the neons thing im unsure since i dont have any and i have yet to see issues with radars.......

i will say most of the cops that have pulled me over were pretty douchy but a few were cool

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, February 11, 2010 6:59 AM
radars are legal in florida, neons.... i wouldnt drive around with those on, tint they dont really care you doing something they dont like and they want a reason to pull you over. exhaust they dont really care unless you drive around revving the hell out of it.

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:34 AM
i have probably the darkest tint out of most of the guys here in florida (so dark you cant see out at night) and i have never had a problem, i have had yellow neons and headlights on my other cars and never had an issue, radars are legal as fluffy said and i never had an issue with my magnaflow exhaust but its not over the top loud either, as the jew stated it all depends on where you live too

Thursday, February 11, 2010 10:42 AM
itd be around crystal river so like west part of flordia

Thursday, February 11, 2010 10:46 AM
never been down that way before so sadly not sure how much help i could give

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, February 11, 2010 11:06 AM
Isnt that down towards Gil?
If so get your tint legal, your exhaust semi quiet and dont bother with neons lol

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Thursday, February 11, 2010 11:24 AM
yea ive been pulled over many times for tint. 2 99 dollar tickets ive gotten. and they can be dicks bout it and fine you per window. been stopped for my exhaust to but thats when i had that giant fart can on it. stopped me because it was to big! neons they will nail you for becuse it is a distraction to other drivers. stereo to.
oh and of course if you spray paint your car flat black and dont change your registration lol. but other than that its a great state!

Thursday, February 11, 2010 1:21 PM
Lol

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Thursday, February 11, 2010 3:25 PM
Crystal River is up near me... the cops out there are dicks, plain and simple. my friend Jordan used to get harrassed all the time out there, and his car was pretty tame. it was even worse with the Volvo that was loud.. faster than hell, but loud

here in Ocala, I've gotten hell for windshield vinyl, tint, stereo.. exhaust once, but he didnt ticket me for it. I did get a $180 ticket for my exhaust in Orlando at 4:30am..

neons... red and blue will get you nabbed in a heartbeat, but its best to keep them off while cruisin around town anyway

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:25 PM
figures id pick the one part with the bad cops =(

Friday, February 12, 2010 4:49 PM
Evan the Undead (Black Pearl) wrote:Crystal River is up near me... the cops out there are dicks, plain and simple. my friend Jordan used to get harrassed all the time out there, and his car was pretty tame. it was even worse with the Volvo that was loud.. faster than hell, but loud

here in Ocala, I've gotten hell for windshield vinyl, tint, stereo.. exhaust once, but he didnt ticket me for it. I did get a $180 ticket for my exhaust in Orlando at 4:30am..

neons... red and blue will get you nabbed in a heartbeat, but its best to keep them off while cruisin around town anyway

Yup, Crystal River...redneckville. If its not a truck or some good ole 'merican muscle you can count on getting harrassed. At least its not a Honda...thought many up that way might not know the difference.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Friday, February 12, 2010 6:49 PM
I've had two tickets for the tint in my green cavy in the 10yrs i've had the car..

Friday, February 12, 2010 8:14 PM
yea, they wouldnt know whats what out there unless its gotta big block or you can walk under it

thats why my deck lid has a bow tie

Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:28 PM
I have blue chrome tint and I've never been harassed for it....have been pulled over for stereo and as mentioned above....red lights....other than that...I personally haven't had any problems with the police....most of the time I've gotten out of speeding tickets...just have to be nice to "the man"
Sunday, February 14, 2010 11:06 PM
yea, the last couple cops have let me go with warnings.. last one was for speeding 13 over. coolest cop EVER.. he didnt give me any kinda sh*t for my car and had me back on my way in a couple mins..

Monday, February 15, 2010 5:07 PM
I got pulled for racing, but let go because we werent drunk. I think it was 1997, Palm Beach Gardens, FL on Military Trail. I had my 89 Firebird Formula 350, my friend had his moms 97 Sunfire SE 2.4tc. We took off from a red light...of course I smoked him, Modded 350 TPI FTW. Cop pulled me over, but let me go since we hadn't been drinking.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Monday, February 15, 2010 7:57 PM
Yeah...I got caught street racing one night in my 91 Pathfinder against his brand new Dodge Dakota...it ended up pretty much a tie cuz of the weaving in and out of traffic thing but when we got to the next light we found out that the truck that was between us at the light was an undercover. Pulled us over but let us go as long as I had somebody drive my truck since my license was expired.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:46 PM
you got LUCKY.. holy crap you got lucky

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 6:37 PM
Yeah...played nice...and played dumb! =).... and I'm sure it didn't hurt that he said he was on a date. I play it safe now though....don't want to push my luck anymore since I've gotten so lucky so many times. One day I'll have to tell you about the night I backed up into a cop car drunk on I-4!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 16, 2010 6:39 PM
Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:02 PM
WHAT????

man, you must play cards with Jesus on Friday night or something, cause you got someone upstairs watchin your back

Thursday, February 18, 2010 4:08 PM
Like Jason said it depends your area, in poinciana I used to get pulled over all the time for my fart can. In Polk County where Fluffy is you get pulled over for a loud system, in BVL / Kissimmee they will get you for tint.

Radar detectors are legal all the time but are not to be used for criminal activities. Example: If a cop is hiding and he knows you cant see him and you slow down because your radar detector went off he can pull you over give you a speeding ticket and a ticket for the radar detector and conspiracy to commit a crime.

Neon is illegal by all means in Florida you are only allowed 4 headlights in the front of your car, need 1 reverse light, 2 taillights, 2 blinkers in the front and rear, and a third brake light..the third brake light is not really an issue kind of a dead law. Depending on where you drive they will get you for neons. Example: I would borrow JHands car all the time when I had a date when I didnt have my car and ride around the Orlando/UCF/Oveido/Lake Underhill area and I-4 all the time with them on and never got pulled over. My ex girlfriends best friend had his Lexus parked in a parking lot in front of a restaurant in St. Cloud and got a ticket from a deputy, took it to court and lost.

Like I said in Poinciana I got pulled over all the time for the fart can and in Kissimmee I got pulled over a couple of times and each time I got a ticket, it came in handy at times though because there were times I made illegal u-turns, entered through exits and even got pulled over for speeding one time and each time they told me "Im going to do you a favor and give you a ticket for your illegal exhaust." When I got my magnaflow put on it looked fairly stock and I never got pulled over for my exhaust after that (i learned that trick from the Hondas)

I never got pulled over in Orlando for my fart can, ever.

BVL/Kissimmee or any where there is a lot of rice you will pulled over for tint or if a cop wants to be stupid or does not like your attitude they will ticket you for tint. If you have dark tint especially at night roll your windows down to be safe depending on the area.

Just remember dont be too loud, control your revving, drive safe and you will be fine here in Florida, its pretty laid back believe it or not.

State Troopers are allowed on local roads and Deputies are allowed to patrol highways in Florida now so that doubles your chances for tickets just try not to stick out.

Good thing about having a car like a Cavi is that you hardly stick out if you go for a clean look and stay away from huge body kits, I would be rolling with Hondas and "JDM" cars and guess who always got pulled over before me? The Hondas/JDM guys. 99.9% of the time I got away scott free.

Just be careful out here and you will be fine.

Thursday, February 18, 2010 6:03 PM
Torres @ SpeedZone wrote:
Radar detectors are legal all the time but are not to be used for criminal activities. Example: If a cop is hiding and he knows you cant see him and you slow down because your radar detector went off he can pull you over give you a speeding ticket and a ticket for the radar detector and conspiracy to commit a crime.

there is no way that would fly... pls tell me that wouldnt actually hold up if you took it to court. that is so circumstantial, its ridiculous

Saturday, February 20, 2010 11:12 AM
I never got pulled over in Orlando for my fart can, ever.

@!#$ you lol

Evan the Undead (Black Pearl) wrote:

there is no way that would fly... pls tell me that wouldnt actually hold up if you took it to court. that is so circumstantial, its ridiculous

ya it flys theres no entrapment laws here

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Saturday, February 20, 2010 6:47 PM
Evan the Undead (Black Pearl) wrote:

Florida has no entrapment laws my friend.

Why do you think a few of my buddies get raced by under cover cops in civics and when they hit 25 - 30 over theyget pulled over, arrested, and their car crushed.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search