Jacksonville Fl Monthly Meet 4-3-10 - Page 2 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Jacksonville Fl Monthly Meet 4-3-10
Sunday, April 18, 2010 7:29 PM
I would love to make it, however, you fella's know me...

If Bill would like to enlighten, I've always been curious as to why the charge pipe ran under the motor? Because of the charge pipe and my driveway, I was never capable of lowering the car. AKA 4x4 status as Evan can agree to.

Josh
SLK 32

Sunday, April 18, 2010 8:45 PM
yes sir, thats a tall Lemon for sure

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, April 18, 2010 8:58 PM
We did that because it worked well for pipe routing without having to move a number of components to make clearance for other possible pipe routing paths. Additionally, it made for the shortest run possible to the intercooler, with the least length and amount of bends. As the pipe is not the lowest point on the car, it's not that vulnerable; the frame will hit before the pipe.

We design the systems to be as minimally invasive to stock components as possible, so the systems are as easy to install for the average user as possible.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Sunday, April 18, 2010 11:44 PM
haha, you need to see how low my black car sits tho. tire rubber is in the fender wells

Sunday, April 18, 2010 11:48 PM
Still. The chassis will hit the ground before the pipe will!

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Monday, April 19, 2010 6:28 AM
I'm pretty sure my pipe was hitting. Evan can tell us if he gets bored...it should show. I am more than likely wrong and just assumed.

Josh
SLK 32

Monday, April 19, 2010 9:28 AM
It all depends, really. As I've mentioned, we are careful to not make it the lowest part on the car, staying above the chassis plane. Some things like speed bumps, etc. can get lowered cars in contact, but there's only so much we can do to foresee and/or prevent evey possible scenario.

Not to just dis on other companies, but I have seen supercharger and turbocharger systems where hot exhaust piping and charge air piping DO become the lowest part of the car, and will be the first thing to hit. And man, do they get smashed! We just don't go there.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Monday, April 19, 2010 7:33 PM
I didnt even think to check it when I was under there on Saturday. I was too busy looking for other things, but the next time I get it in the driveway, I'll check to see if it was scrapped up. if it is, it didnt catch my eye so I dont think it's too bad. I'm also gonna take the u-bends off at the intercooler and sand them down and have them powdercoated

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 3:26 PM
Let the powdercoaters sand or media blast the charge air pipes prior to coating. It's the only way to get the corrosion out of the pitting.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 9:28 AM
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:Let the powdercoaters sand or media blast the charge air pipes prior to coating. It's the only way to get the corrosion out of the pitting.

If they are a good powder coater they should do this without you asking. So he is right.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 9:39 AM
Pretty much what I was thinking too. To insure good results, they'll insist on good surface prep that they can provide as well.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 6:49 PM
I talked to my buddy earlier.. $50 for sandblasting and powdercoating. $25 minimum on sandblasting tho

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:00 PM
Money well spent. May as well recoat all the pipes while you are at it.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:17 AM
the weird part, every other pipe is premo.. its just the ones in the front. there's not even so much as paint bubble anywhere else. what I would like to do is get the turbo mani ceramic-coated, but no one in Ocala does that

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 11:30 PM
The New LYC (Evan the Undead) wrote:the weird part, every other pipe is premo.. its just the ones in the front. there's not even so much as paint bubble anywhere else. what I would like to do is get the turbo mani ceramic-coated, but no one in Ocala does that

Yes, that is odd. Makes me wonder if the pipes that are rusting might be non-Hahn. We take great care in the preparation and powdercoating process.

You can ship the parts to Jet Hot or HPC for ceramic coat. We use a company in the Chicago region, but that would be even further to ship yours.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:04 AM
Evan we have a guy in Jax that does hot jet coat really cheap. Can get the manifold done for about $50

FU Tuning

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 10:26 AM
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:
The New LYC (Evan the Undead) wrote:the weird part, every other pipe is premo.. its just the ones in the front. there's not even so much as paint bubble anywhere else. what I would like to do is get the turbo mani ceramic-coated, but no one in Ocala does that

Yes, that is odd. Makes me wonder if the pipes that are rusting might be non-Hahn. We take great care in the preparation and powdercoating process.

You can ship the parts to Jet Hot or HPC for ceramic coat. We use a company in the Chicago region, but that would be even further to ship yours.

Bill... the car left my house with the parts you shipped me to install on my stage 2 kit. It's called Florida beach weather. Welcome to Rustville, FL.

Josh
SLK 32

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:34 PM
yea, he literally lived on the beach

Chris was telling me about that, John.. sounds like a plan to mr

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search