need help to work on my car nc - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need help to work on my car nc
Sunday, June 20, 2010 7:40 AM
hey guys i live in lexington nc i am willing to pay someone to help me finish my turbo install for some reason i just can't get the turbo onto the manifold i alrady have everything thing esle ready to go except getting the turbo on the manifold please if someone knows a shop or if one of the members cant come help me i just want to drive my car its been down for over a month its a 04 cavalier btw any help or suggestions would help

Re: need help to work on my car nc
Sunday, June 20, 2010 10:04 AM
What problems are you having exactly with getting it on the manifold? I have had issues with getting turbos on the larger trucks I work on but it just takes a bit of moving it around to get everything to line up correctly. If you are using 4 turbo studs off the manifold I might suggest taking 2 of them out and then installing the turbo that way and then using tow nuts jammed together to finish installing the other studs. The other question is did you do a test fit outside of the car before starting the install? Also do you have anything connected to the turbo as you are trying to install it. Also double check that the turbo itself is not hitting the firewall or some sort of line.
Sunday, June 20, 2010 2:41 PM
no studs on the manifold its a log style, i just dont seem to have the room to get the turbo in there its a t3/t4 ar .63 50 trim yes i put the turbo on the manifold before i put it in the car and it fit fit i bought a 2.5 inch spacer and even tried that it works but the way the spacer is made i can't get the bolts in there i just need someone to get a look at it and maybe they can see something i can't the turbo hits the coolant lines with the dp side on the passenger and if i flip it it hits the firewall
Tuesday, July 13, 2010 6:40 PM
Is it just a matter of clcking the turbo? It has been a long time since I have messed with a turbo.

Sig'less since '02!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search