M62 supercharger - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
M62 supercharger
Monday, August 16, 2010 9:26 AM
Where should be the stock map sensor have to be put on the supercharger, and the boost line should be placed.

The car is stalls I'm guessing since the map sensor readings r wrong had been giving that problem, I know the first time I started up the rpms where on 2500 n then I moved the map sensor close to the intake manifold the car drop down. To. 600 rpm n the check engine came on before that n I check P0504 idle speed to high for a long period of calibrated, I know the problem comes to the map sensor, the car sounds like a honda, the rpms go up n down up n down so anyone knows anything about this

Re: M62 supercharger
Monday, August 16, 2010 3:40 PM
You sure you dont have a vacuum leak? Map sensor location doesnt really matter as long as its connected to a vacuum line ive run map on a hose far away from intake and have no problem.

Monday, August 16, 2010 3:47 PM
Probally an iac valve problem thats usually what makes idle bounce.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:19 AM
I got the map sensor in place now, the next thing I'm having problems the car will start with no problems when the engine is cold then I drive it n I try to stop n the car stalls then I try to start up n I have to press the gas to stabilize the rpms then I can let it run by itselft, I have the 4177. TR6 ngks gap at 0.040, all my vac lines are connected tight, I'm running EV1 injectors, the ecu was tunned with HPT, when I'm drinving n I let go the gas the rpms go up n down then I press break n the rpms go lower n there's when the engine stalls.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:31 AM
Being that iac controls idle when ac is on and when theres different loads on engine i'd check that.How high when its cold could the rpm value have been changed with hptuners for a car with cams and idle raised when cold.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:42 AM
I turned the ac on and the engine rpms where stable, when I started this morning they where around 1300 then they went lower like when a normal engine will idle I'm asking the guy who hpt the ecu to tell me what he did so I know at least.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:21 AM
You have a Ecotec correct? 4177's are not the correct plugs. Those are the LD9 1 step colder plugs. Sounds like the tune to me. Probably the Low RPM CoastDown.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:57 AM
Yes ecotec john,
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:03 AM
Which plugs are one step colder for 2.2 ecotec and what kind of gap should I use
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:09 AM
I just confirmed I have #80 injectors EV1
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:13 AM
Ecotec 1 step colder are stock number#6509, 2 step colder#6510. Depending on your boost level probably around .034.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:28 AM
Would I be able to get them at the autozone?
NRe: M62 superchargenr
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:29 AM
I'm running 10 psi
Re: NRe: M62 superchargenr
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:41 AM
You can try, but I have been told likely will have to have them ordered.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:48 AM
Thanks john would I have to give them that number u gave me?
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:55 AM
Would be any problems if I run the car like that with the spark plugs
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:10 AM
Ricardo thanks I have to check where it could b a vac leak, I was talking to jaime yesterday he said it could b too much air going in since I don't have a filter or any type of intake that could be
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:40 AM
Yeah the plugs you have are to short but thats not problem and those injectors are way to big for you will never use that much fuel with a supercharger those are good for over 500hp could be to much fuel causing it to stall.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:47 AM
I was thinking to get #32 injectors n get the right plugs one step colder
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:50 AM
Yeah maybe some 42lbs would be good for 300hp.I have some in my second rail i could trade you if you want.But you need to retune the pcm.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:56 AM
yep I was thinking about that n I have no way to re tune it, n I forgot to mention the person who sold this set up he had it running in a 2.2 ecotec as well , I can trade them I have no use for them u do ur all build for them

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:56 AM
The 6509 is the stock number on the box, any parts store and research them based on that.

I agree those injectors are way big, but if tuned properly should not be a issue. I have run across the stalling coming to a stop myself, and have found it to be the Low RPM Coast Down. Dopending on what changes that were made to the tune, if the VE offset was raised, the the Low RPM CoastDown needs to be changed.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:59 AM
I wish I could have hpt. Just to pull out the info because I know it takes time to learn how to use it
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:01 AM
I have hp tuners but you have to pay for credits. I would get plugs ,put an intake on the supercharger and check for vacuum leaks.If the plugs are short 80lb i could use them if not i cant i use i have 60lbs in my primary rail and 42lb in my second rail but there the bosch ev1 injectors i think you have the siemens deka those are to long for my second rail.Im going on vacation so i wouldnt be able to do anything till next week.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:06 AM
Only thing john i think the stalling could be the rpm coast down but he gets a boucing idle to at times which usually is an iac problem or vacuum related.When i first put the ls1 throttle body i had the bouncy idle until iac relearned.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search