M62 supercharger - Page 2 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: NRe: M62 superchargenr
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:15 AM
I can pay for the credits n ill take a pic of the injectors when I get home n post them here also the pics of my supercharger set up, btw could b any damage to the engine me running how its now, I know the plugs will get burn after couple of runs

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:23 AM
Cant say if its really flooding engine with fuel possibly but if its just a iac or vacuum not a big deal. Put the stock plugs back in the plugs you have are to short or the ngk you need theres a place on orange ave and corner of michigan they stock alot of the hard to get ngks. Try going there and getting right plug.Name is speed something cant remember name.Your best bet get a wideband and see how its running.Maybe john will tune it for you.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:35 AM
Speed parts closed last week, n ill try the stock ones I need the car. To go to work, any way to check a vaccum leak n also how should iac gets recalibrated
Re: M62 supercharger
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:44 AM
Should I gap the stock ac delco iridiums?
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 11:52 AM
Throw the plugs in at stock gap your only at 10psi. To check vacuum leak turn car on spray carb cleaner around gaskets and vacuum connections if idle changes thers is a problem. The new iacs usually just driving them at a constant speed for a few minutes will be fine meaning not taking it out and beating on it and put a filter on supercharger.When i come back if you havent figured it out ill take a look at it if you want.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:05 PM
If you run the stock plugs I would not push the car WOT, just drive normal. In that case gap them whatever. The gap is going to come into play when you go WOT.

You can check for a vacuum leak using some TB cleaner and spraying around the TB, intake manifold and head while the car is running, if the idle changes then you found your leak.

Your biggest issue you could cause to your car is the AFR's being off from a vacuum leak, or the tune no being correct. If you drive the car normal you should be ok until you get everything resolved.

Also the start up issue are the motor is warm could be a fuel atomization issue. Having this with Roberts car. When cold starts fine, but once warmed up we have to tap the gas. Thinking the larger injectors have a different spray pattern and fuel is being left in the head.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:10 PM
I also have some stock Cobalt SS injectors that I will let go for $40.

Where is the IAT sensor on your setup?

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:21 PM
Thanks ricardo yes I will use as much help I can get on this, thank you john for breaking everything in details n I saw roberts car last year in the fl gm show
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:56 PM
Robert has 2 cars. A 99 2200, and a 01 with a Ecotec turbo. He has not had the Ecotec at the show yet, and it was the one I'm talking about.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 1:07 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:Robert has 2 cars. A 99 2200, and a 01 with a Ecotec turbo. He has not had the Ecotec at the show yet, and it was the one I'm talking about.

The truth he speaks. Cars times two I have..
If we ever have a fla j show again I hope to have the two of them at the show.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:25 AM
Ricardo they r 80lb EV1 DEKA 3" Inch long stock ecotec ones r 3" 3/16 long

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:31 AM
John yes ill get them if I can't trade with ricardo also I put the stock plugs gap at 0.043 I have the pics ill post them later today the AIT is in the intakemanifold located left side I extended the wires also the could make any diference? I forgot which other sensor I extended
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:37 AM
Well im not home im in new jersey wont be back until next tuesday those might work.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:34 PM
I will be in Orlando tomorrow (Thursday) for work. I can bring those injectors I have with me if you want me to. I will be in the downtown area most of the day. By ORMC Hospital.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:23 PM
Ok john I can meet u after work I get out at 330pm
Friday, August 20, 2010 3:43 PM

Friday, August 20, 2010 4:01 PM

Friday, August 20, 2010 4:03 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search