PRS Dyno Day - Feb 5th - Sanford, FL - Page 2 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: PRS Dyno Day - Feb 5th - Sanford, FL
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 6:15 AM
I have a bottle sitting at home, not really interested in boost. Maybe someday.

Jaime put down 215 i believe.

PRS said they will be having another one in a couple months.

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 6:17 AM
just curious did PRS actually setup the dyno and the computer specifically for each car or was it just drive up there and go ?

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 8:16 AM
Drive up and go.
Gary was saying that Mustang dyno's show 18% less HP than what you actually make. As far as I know they didn't correct the HP for this, so I think all our numbers are off and lower than what they actually are .

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 8:22 AM
in a couple months, eh? the Pearl will make an appearance

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 9:00 AM
JHand wrote:Drive up and go.
Gary was saying that Mustang dyno's show 18% less HP than what you actually make. As far as I know they didn't correct the HP for this, so I think all our numbers are off and lower than what they actually are .

Fail that

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 2:01 PM
jess for the fail... its calibrated for each car, prs knew there stuff as far as using the dyno. They didn't using any smotthening for jess. And jaime's best was 218.

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 2:18 PM
Matt@PRS wrote:
Jess wrote:Hey, a friend of mine was telling me that the Mustang dyno puts out about 18% less hp than what the car is really pulling. Is this true? If so were you guys correcting the hp for this? Jw

Thanks =)

Well this is always a pretty interesting debate. what people tend to notice is that our dyno will read about 15% lower than a dyno jet. Now to my knowledge, our dyno reads 100% true accurate real world horsepower, whereas a dyno jet has a bit of inflated numbers. For instance, the white STI that dyno'd put out 225whp. From factory its rated at 300hp, but if u subtract the drivetrain loss from awd (about 25 you get a loss of 75hp, which in turn is 225hp at the wheels. With this being said i have yet to dyno a car where the numbers seemed extremely off. I hope this helps clear up this question for you. Thank you for coming out on saturday and supporting us!

That's what I got back, Fluffy's right, they know their stuff!

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 2:35 PM
Thats 25 percent ... not that dizzy face
Lol

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 5:19 PM
emote fail

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 3:49 AM
well i knew about the percent lost because of the specific dyno....i was just more curious if they actually set it up right per car was all

appreciate the info

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 11:02 AM
JHand wrote:
Matt@PRS wrote:
Jess wrote:Hey, a friend of mine was telling me that the Mustang dyno puts out about 18% less hp than what the car is really pulling. Is this true? If so were you guys correcting the hp for this? Jw

Thanks =)

Well this is always a pretty interesting debate. what people tend to notice is that our dyno will read about 15% lower than a dyno jet. Now to my knowledge, our dyno reads 100% true accurate real world horsepower, whereas a dyno jet has a bit of inflated numbers. For instance, the white STI that dyno'd put out 225whp. From factory its rated at 300hp, but if u subtract the drivetrain loss from awd (about 25 you get a loss of 75hp, which in turn is 225hp at the wheels. With this being said i have yet to dyno a car where the numbers seemed extremely off. I hope this helps clear up this question for you. Thank you for coming out on saturday and supporting us!

That's what I got back, Fluffy's right, they know their stuff!
he is confused lol the bmw was definitely extremely off... wasnt the dynos fault though

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search