Looking for a shop or person / Motor swap South Florida - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for a shop or person / Motor swap South Florida
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 11:40 AM
Like the title says I am looking for a shop or person with experience to drop an ECO or and LD9 into Skyla, preferably in the Miami / Ft. Lauderdale area.

Either motor would suffice, the car is not used for performance just need my car to get around

Re: Looking for a shop or person / Motor swap South Florida
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 1:55 PM
Or you can bring it here and I'll do it cheap and right

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 5:20 PM
word there ^ ^ ^

altho Eco will be a pain..

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 6:23 PM
Fluffy that actually sounds good. Shoot me over a msg and let me know what you need, timeframe and of course price.

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 8:23 PM
Your going to spend some money unless you get a donar car the least parts you would need,engine tranny,wire harness,pcm,gastank,evap lines,cut and weld tranny mount since you dont have getrag.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 6:56 AM
gas tank??

I know Im going to have to spend some money, but as long as its done right its fine.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 11:07 AM
he has a plastic tank for the swap, if you did an ld9 it would be quick and easy as long as you were to keep the izusu transmission. although i would suggest getting the motor and trans here first (like a week before) then we can go trhough it and refresh it, check bearings, and maybe even do a 2.3 pump swap

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 12:08 PM
yeah the motor and tranny will be from there, youre gonna get the car and you do as you please to it, i trust you enough to work on my car, again, lmao!

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 2:13 PM
lol alright, well let me clean out the garage and i'll let you know whats up. i cant text cause my screen died but if you wana call i think i can answer it

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 2:33 PM
Finding a decent izuzu tranny and engine wont be easy.Would be easier to buy an eco already.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 5:52 PM
when I did the swap in my 98, the pain in the ass was getting the rear trans mount re-welded... luckily, the guy helping me had a friend who welded and owed him a favor. if it wasnt for that, I dont how I'd have gotten that part done. really, its not hard.. just tedious and time consuming, esp if you dont have a full donor car sitting at your disposal.. my donor car was molested

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 6:18 PM
Fluffy wrote:he has a plastic tank for the swap, if you did an ld9 it would be quick and easy as long as you were to keep the izusu transmission. although i would suggest getting the motor and trans here first (like a week before) then we can go trhough it and refresh it, check bearings, and maybe even do a 2.3 pump swap

You need more than a week if your doing the 2.3 oil pump swap.

I would not bother with the 2.3 pump swap, but that is just me.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search