Double Din in a pre '00 Cavi carier? - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Double Din in a pre '00 Cavi carier?
Saturday, April 09, 2011 6:54 PM
Its been quite a while since I've been on here and sadly, my car hasn't changed since last I saw any of you....still no interior, clear coat sucks, dash cracked....but finally getting back around to working on it. Anyways... I finally found some dash carriers in decent shape at a junk yard today but they were all pre '00. Just curious, cuz I suck at internet searches, as to how difficult, if possible, it is to install a double din radio into one of those without fiberglassing the dash?

Re: Double Din in a pre '00 Cavi carier?
Saturday, April 09, 2011 7:02 PM
not that i am aware of,
i could be wrong tho, .

sorry.

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Saturday, April 09, 2011 7:19 PM
You can 'fit' one, but you have to cut the dash a bit. If you have a steady hand it can look good.

Saturday, April 09, 2011 8:47 PM
It would take a lot of work. I don't think you can without glassing.

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Monday, April 11, 2011 9:08 AM
That's kinda what I was thinking....Thanks for the input
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:25 PM
yes u can i have personally done it in my 2004 and my 1999 and both of witch i had to chop alot of plastic away from behind it to get em to fit but they look great when done
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:50 PM
holy crap dude i was just talking about you the other day! how in the hell have you been stranger

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 10:39 AM
Busy....finishing up with school this summer and hopefully getting in at David Maus Chevy...Can't wait to have a daytime job...tired of all these closing shifts. Car is still pretty much empty on the inside=P bought a 360 and so now video games are distracting me from anything else I need to do. Trying to get back into working on the car again though. Lack of $$ makes it difficult...Other than the meet this weekend anything else coming up soon? I haven't seen anybody in a long time! How are things going for you?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search