Wilmington? - Page 2 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Wilmington?
Sunday, May 08, 2011 9:22 AM
Really hard to describe. but I crank the car over and it immediately revs up to the rev limiter and tries to pass it but since the computer wont let it, it just does that back off the redline thing the computer makes automatics do. It does that for a couple moments then slows it down but still does the same thing

Sunday, May 08, 2011 9:22 AM
By the way, it is now throwing codes 107,113,122
Sunday, May 08, 2011 2:20 PM
That is weird. Codes for the MAP sensor, IAT sensor and TPS sensor are whats kicking the cel on.

You have a 97 so its the older ln2 with the side feed injectors and the 2 piece intake manifold IIRC.

What did you take apart to replace the sensors and what not. What led you to replacing the injector o-rings and then the sensors. Need to kind of go back to step one and see what has been done and we can trouble shoot from there. It almost sounds like there is a vacuum leak that is causing the problems. It could be an injector sucking air or maybe the fuel rail. A bit tough to say really.
Sunday, May 08, 2011 7:28 PM
replaced the O rings because I had a leak in cylinder 2 and 4, said might as well get em all while im here. everything started doing it after i got everything back together and i started making trips back and forth to autozone to get the next sensor. Found and fixed the problem, upper intake manifold gasket. May not have been as cheap as i wanted this fix to be but hey, I got new O-rings, TPS, MAP, and IACV sensors as well as an oil change and new air filter. (I do love oil change specials at autozone) as well as a can of seafoam.
Monday, May 09, 2011 10:36 AM
Justin Grantham wrote:Car isnt throwing any codes, I just know some sensor is going nuts

Cavi2Sunfire wrote:what yards are down in wilmington i want a 00-02 cav front end swap

I know a guy down here parting out a 02 red sedan body is perfect, all lights are good too. engine and dash are gone but other than that the car looks like it just rolled off the showroom.

try to figure out what he wants for the front clip: fenders bumper hood headlights

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Sunday, May 15, 2011 12:45 PM
Hubert here....outside of Jacksonville

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Sunday, May 15, 2011 1:17 PM
Cavi2Sunfire wrote:
Justin Grantham wrote:Car isnt throwing any codes, I just know some sensor is going nuts

Cavi2Sunfire wrote:what yards are down in wilmington i want a 00-02 cav front end swap

I know a guy down here parting out a 02 red sedan body is perfect, all lights are good too. engine and dash are gone but other than that the car looks like it just rolled off the showroom.

try to figure out what he wants for the front clip: fenders bumper hood headlights

Dont forget the headlight brackets. I might have a set in storage if you want them.

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 6:40 AM
Anybody wanna try and get a meet together? Seems like we have enough people around to do it.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:46 AM
im down for one
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:14 PM
Figured you would be Justin. ha

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:51 PM
There is an autocross event held by NCR-SCCA on the 22nd at the Cape Fear Community Collage in downtown wilmington. Thats a good time and place to meet...

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:33 PM
Can't on the 22nd. gotta go to a wedding.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 1:03 PM
Auto cross at school?! YAY too bad i got to get more stuff fixed before I could actually Auto X it
Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:56 AM
Im in washington dc till the 23 so i wouldnt be able to make it either

Friday, May 20, 2011 9:04 AM
I might be taking a job in Wilmington. How's the area? I have a friend that moved there about 5 weeks ago and he loves it.

Friday, May 20, 2011 9:57 AM
im in maple hill bout 35 min from wilmington. only been to wilmington a few times but basically just seems like a coastal college town to me. i would like to start takin the wife there more often cause jacksonville sucks lol

Friday, May 20, 2011 10:20 AM
We are the 10th drunkest city in America... That's probably the best indicator
Friday, May 20, 2011 10:28 AM
Justin Grantham wrote:We are the 10th drunkest city in America... That's probably the best indicator

This won't be the first time I live in a military town, lol.

Friday, May 20, 2011 10:53 AM
we aren't a military town though... thats Lejune/Jacksonvile and Bragg/Fayettevile, we just got 2 colleges here and a beach
Friday, May 20, 2011 10:55 AM
A lot of people I know in the marines usually go to Wilmington to the bars. That was about 7-10 years ago though.

Friday, May 20, 2011 3:02 PM
Wilmington is a good place to live. I live on the other side of the bridge in Leland but its only a 10 minute drive to get into Wilmington to do stuff. Leland is cheaper than Wilmington though as far as rent and taxes.

Anyways havent talked to you in a good long time fstcavz24. It almost seems like the last time we talked much it was when we both were living out in california.

Friday, May 20, 2011 5:23 PM
we need more j bodies in the area anyways

Friday, May 20, 2011 5:40 PM
Jacob, I'm not sure if I remember you. Did you come to any of the meets at my houses? Did you have the gold cav?

The cav is just a back up and sometimes commuter car, it's pretty stock these daysdays. If I get the job I'll be staying 2 blocks from work, although I might move out there with or without a job.

Saturday, May 21, 2011 10:31 AM
I never made it out to your place but I remember talking online sometimes. I think you were selling that xenon body kit and I was going to buy it but had some financial difficulties at that time and was unable to.

I still have my cav but its black. Although I am currently unsure of its future at this point. Its either going to get an eco swap in the near future or will meet its maker at the scrap metal yard.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search