Wilmington? - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wilmington?
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:45 AM
How many people are nearby to Wilmington? And do we have enough to get any kind of events going out here?

Re: Wilmington?
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:44 AM
Maple Hill Here

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:35 PM
Wilmington, NC I assume?

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:46 PM
Shoot. I am sitting down here in Leland. Just across the bridge. Damn that bridge and the only way into town. LOL
Friday, April 29, 2011 6:47 PM
black sunshine wrote:Shoot. I am sitting down here in Leland. Just across the bridge. Damn that bridge and the only way into town. LOL

I through there was a back way but it takes like 45 minutes?

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:08 PM
There is a back way...but why would anyone take it. You end up going down a bunch of 2 lane country roads. Not worth it. Especially with the price of fuel now.
Sunday, May 01, 2011 9:13 AM
well technically 2 bridges into town... elizabeth holmes bridge and cape fear memorial one drops you off right into the middle of downtown and the other takes you to right over to MLK. Just depends on where you're trying to get to in town for which one is more efficient. I thought I'd check; I see probably 30 cavaliers/sunfires a day and thought "Damn, wonder how many forum guys we got here?" Hell maybe we need to get a J-body club goin on down here. lol
Sunday, May 01, 2011 9:58 AM
I go to Wilmington for North Carolina Region SCCA autocrosses. I'm from the New Bern/Havelock area.

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Sunday, May 01, 2011 12:19 PM
Well damn, lets get something started down here, we obviously got enough people for something. It may only be something small but hey it's the concept.
Sunday, May 01, 2011 1:35 PM
As of yesterday I am getting out of the j scene for a bit...Just had another motor come apart in mine. Not worth tossing another motor in her. I think it spun a rod bearing. Saturday it goes to the scrap metal yard for some extra cash. It will be a sad day that is for sure. Have a few parts that I can get rid of just pm me if you need something.
Sunday, May 01, 2011 1:49 PM
black sunshine wrote:As of yesterday I am getting out of the j scene for a bit...Just had another motor come apart in mine. Not worth tossing another motor in her. I think it spun a rod bearing. Saturday it goes to the scrap metal yard for some extra cash. It will be a sad day that is for sure. Have a few parts that I can get rid of just pm me if you need something.

Again sad to hear this man

Sunday, May 01, 2011 6:19 PM
Sucks to hear. What's your custom exhaust consist of and is it for sale?

NCR-SCCA
Sunday, May 01, 2011 6:31 PM
I'm down here in Wilmington. Glad to know there's somebody else.

Saturday, May 07, 2011 4:05 AM
Well that now I have found out some tid bits of info after reading the eco using a ln2/ld9 ecu and harness I think I might just swap in an eco motor and auto trans and call it a day. Cavi2Sunfire said there is a pick and pull up his way that has motors and transmissions cheap so I think I might go this route instead of junking the whole car. It is hard to get rid of your first car especially since you put most of the miles on it and have owned it for 9 years. lol.
Saturday, May 07, 2011 4:59 AM
OORAH! stickin with the J! I think you gotta reword that last statement though. It's hard to get rid of your first car, unless you didn't like it! I'm on car # 15. Never wreck em just haven't found one I really want to keep yet. Once I get the cavalier to where i want it to be we may have a different story though.
Saturday, May 07, 2011 7:34 AM
Gooed to hear. Let us know if you need any help/advice... this org is chock full of usefull info.

NCR-SCCA
Saturday, May 07, 2011 11:11 AM
Ill try to get out to that pull it yard and see what they have sitting around to work with

Saturday, May 07, 2011 12:39 PM
kool guys...appreciate the help. I am really looking into doing the eco swap while still using the ln2 ecu and harness since its all stuff I already have since the car had a 2200. Looking to stay with an auto as I think it will be a more straight forward swap.

For me its hard to get rid of this car. my grandfather cosigned on the loan so I could get it when I was 18. Has some sentimental value to me because of that. Plus I really enjoy tinkering on it. Its much cheaper than trying to tinker on the Benz I have.
Saturday, May 07, 2011 1:16 PM
Agreed there... Mine is going through it's "sensor"y overload at this moment. One of em went out, I dunno which one though. I got 170k miles on this beast and I found a 2.2 eco down in charleston that I may just go down and pick up. Guy only wants 500 for it. Might be cheaper to swap than to keep fixing this dog
Saturday, May 07, 2011 1:26 PM
Actually scratch that, just found a 2.2 eco with 84k out of a saturn view for 300 in town
Saturday, May 07, 2011 5:00 PM
I have a snap on scan tool that I can hook up and see what sensor problems ur having. Let me know.

Saturday, May 07, 2011 7:18 PM
what yards are down in wilmington i want a 00-02 cav front end swap

Saturday, May 07, 2011 8:15 PM
There is lewis and irvings auto salvage yards here in Leland. Wilmington auto salvage is the only one I know of in Wilmington honestly

Lewis Auto- (910) 371-6457
Irving Auto-(910) 371-9331
Wilmington Auto-800.722.6451

There also is a pick and pull opening up sometime soon out on hwy 421 in Wilmington. It is just down the road from Triple T parts and equipment.
Saturday, May 07, 2011 10:48 PM
Car isnt throwing any codes, I just know some sensor is going nuts

Cavi2Sunfire wrote:what yards are down in wilmington i want a 00-02 cav front end swap

I know a guy down here parting out a 02 red sedan body is perfect, all lights are good too. engine and dash are gone but other than that the car looks like it just rolled off the showroom.
Sunday, May 08, 2011 6:48 AM
even if it isnt throwing any codes I can look at all the sensors and code history and see what everything might be doing...worth a shot really. What is the car doing exactly?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search