Any Toyota Cavys for sale? - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Any Toyota Cavys for sale?
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:23 PM
Well I've been out of the j scene for a long time now and I kind of miss my Zs I had and I'm looking for a new car. Anybody know of anyone selling a Toyota Cavy? I remember a guy use to buy and sell them. Is he still around? I think he owned a place called Streetline.

Re: Any Toyota Cavys for sale?
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:02 AM
well lookie whos still alive and kicking......your referring to Steve...and no he isnt around anymore. last i heard he is back up north

ill keep a eye out but i doubt you will find a actually toyo cavy around here

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:52 AM
Ya not many even owned on the site... I think 2? Might be better off looking online and ordering one..

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:55 AM
Hey what's up? I am still alive. I haven't been on the site in a long time but I kind of miss it. I made a lot of good friends on here over years. Since I sold my bagged cavy I've owned 3 different cars but like I said I'm kind of in the market again and thinking of going back to the ole J-body.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:46 AM
well thats cool man....i myself am in the process of putting together a part out thread......they are great small fun cars but i am thinking of going with a more ambitioious project

i heard a few people were selling some jbos around town but what are you really in the market for ?

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:37 AM
Hey Herman, still in Clermont? I'm back over there as well for the moment- I think we're only about 10 min away from each other. What are you driving now?

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:44 AM
Was a true Toyota cavy in Ocala for sale with a small amount of miles on it, but not sure if it still is.

Good to see you still around Herman.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:46 AM
You might like this site that I had found.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:10 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:Was a true Toyota cavy in Ocala for sale with a small amount of miles on it, but not sure if it still is.

Good to see you still around Herman.

Eh? I thought Blue had the only true Toyota Cavalier? If there's one here in town, he must keep it locked up tight.

Blue still has his, and he's still in east Orlando. I met up with him late last year to get the Axis wheels from him, still has the TRD under wraps in the garage. But from what I understand, Street-Line is defunkt and he's no longer importing anything. Last I heard, his was for sale for 17k.. not exactly a price that will move the car, but if you're hard up for some rare meat, that's prime rib right there.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, August 23, 2012 5:15 AM
Sorry Ohio not Ocala.

And as far as Steve's car per the VIN it is not a true Toyota cavy.

I also heard he is back in Ohio as well.

FU Tuning

Thursday, August 23, 2012 5:43 AM
Yeah Jess I still live in Clermont but I am working in Lakeland. I'm looking for a J that sparks my interest. I wish I never sold my carbon bagged cavy but it's gone now. I'm looking for a 5-speed 2000 or newer Z or ecotec with low miles and possibly some tasteful mods on it but I will take a stock one. I'm not looking to spend more than $5000 on it though. I've also been looking at VW golfs and rabbits ( hatchbacks ).

Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:08 AM
we should all get together sometime herman to catch up.....ill keep a look out for good running jbo..... does it need to be a coupe or 4 door ???

Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:50 AM
I was in contact with a guy not too long ago that had 1 and he was looking to sell.....if he still has it or not idk....hes on here but I dont believe he's very active

Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:54 PM
Where's that nice red one that Gil posted in the huddle a week or so ago?

Herman we got a beach meet coming up in Sept on the 16th down in St Pete/Clearwater area if your interested in coming down to hang.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:20 PM
I would prefer a coupe but I would take a 4 door with a 2.4l or ecotec in it. Guys I would love to catch up sometime but I am at a pretty demanding job where I only get every other weekend off. I will have to see if I'm off on the 16th.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:55 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
And as far as Steve's car per the VIN it is not a true Toyota cavy.

The black one or the white show car? I know he caught a lot of @!#$ from people, saying the white one was just a RHD converted USDM car, even though I never seen him claim it was a J-spec. If the black one is indeed a fake, then that discredits A LOT of the claims he's made for it.

Friday, August 24, 2012 5:24 AM
I know the white car was a conversion, thought the black car was a true Toyota. I remember him saying everything but the wheels and something under the hood was original.

Friday, August 24, 2012 6:23 AM
I'm talking the black car. White is known to not be real but a swap.

I'm not saying the black car is not truly a Toyota cavalier. I think it is, but the VIN does not support that. I'm sure I know why as well.

FU Tuning

Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:22 PM
Interesting...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search