south east meet in 2013? - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
south east meet in 2013?
Friday, August 24, 2012 4:37 AM
Was thinking maybe March, April or May?
Central Georgia seems like a central location for the region.

Would anyone be interested?

If so anybody want to get with me and help plan a 2, maybe 3 day meet?
Was thinking a Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday(leave Sunday evening) kind of meet?

Re: south east meet in 2013?
Friday, August 24, 2012 11:00 AM
If there is enough interest I might be down for it. Would be nice to see what is going on in this region nowadays as far as the J crowd.

Friday, August 24, 2012 11:15 AM
watching

FU Tuning

Friday, August 24, 2012 1:08 PM
I'll keep everyone posted I will start looking around for local attractions and see what I can find out.
I'm sure there has got to be a decent track in central Georgia we could invade say Saturday and then do a cruise-in/town cruise/dinner Friday night.
And find something to do Sunday(if we make it a 3 day event), maybe a big breakfast, some cruising and say our farewells.

Friday, August 24, 2012 2:27 PM
What date/s would work best for everyone?

I suggested March/April/May as its right around tax time and most get a refund and thus have funds to travel to a meet.
But I'm open to other dates.

Friday, August 24, 2012 6:13 PM
this looks like it could be fun honestly. i'll be watching this and hope it doesn't fall about like the Bash thread

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Friday, August 24, 2012 6:35 PM
I would not worry so much about dates just yet. Location, Location, Location.

Cecil Raceway just North of Valdosta is suppose to be one of the best tracks around. I have never been to it, but people say it hooks great!!

That puts you right at Wild Adventures theme park.

In the past when we had Fl meets. It was a 3 day event. Friday was arrival, meet and greet, track night. Saturday was show, and Sunday was just departure.

I like cruises. Do a poker run maybe.

FU Tuning

Saturday, August 25, 2012 5:24 AM
As of right now I think the meet/bash will be held near Valdosta, GA.

I got on the Wild Adventures website and I am looking into group ticket prices, looks like it could be in the $25-30 per person, PLUS if we book at least 14 days in advance we get 1 free admission per each 15 paid, so maybe we can have a raffle or some type of a reward to give away a free ticket(or two).

I'm going to try and get a hold of Cecil raceway and see if there is anyway we could have the track to ourselves Friday night, or at least get a few hours for ourselves.
The raceway is only 30ish minutes from Valdosta according to mapquest.com

There seems to be plenty of hotels available in the area, later down the road I'll call around and see if I can get us a group rate somewhere.

So the meet/bash could possibly look something like this;

Friday - Meet n' great, drag strip, cruising the strip(assuming there is a 'strip').
Saturday - Wild Adventures theme part, Cruise-in, show n' shine, poker run(Or some other kind of activity with the rides)
Sunday - group breakfast, final farewells, maybe one final cruise together

So I think Valdosta, GA might just be the perfect location for the bash.
And I think "GM bash" is more fitting as there are alot more than just Jbody's within the JBO nowadays.
2013 South Eastern GM Bash sounds fitting IMO

Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:20 PM
Sounds fun. I'll be keeping my eye on this.

I can try to come up with a catchier name, though. Maybe if we can find a mainstay place for it, we can name it after that, sort of like SoWo (Southern Worthsee, where the Dubs meet up).. just an idea.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, August 26, 2012 9:50 AM
id be down. 5 1/2 hrs away. not to bad.

Sunday, August 26, 2012 11:29 AM
SAB | The South Adventures Bash/Meet - using Wild Adventures theme park as the mainstay ? lol

SEGME | South Eastern GM meet ?

We're passing some ideas around right now, got some interesting things we might be planning!

Sunday, August 26, 2012 11:46 AM
And date wise I was thinking maybe June/July would be a better time to have the meet?

Sunday, August 26, 2012 1:59 PM
I made a mistake not Cecil raceway but Southeast Georgia Motorsports Park. It is off 1-75 exit 32, which I believe it the valdosta exit.

FU Tuning

Monday, August 27, 2012 6:56 PM
well I still think Valdosta is the ideal location, maybe its time to start inquiring about what months/dates people are available.

Monday, August 27, 2012 8:24 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:I made a mistake not Cecil raceway but Southeast Georgia Motorsports Park. It is off 1-75 exit 32, which I believe it the valdosta exit.

I was going to suggest there, plus wild adventures isn't far away and Valdosta is a very pleasent college town so lots of places to eat and stuff to do.....figured I had to chime in since this meet is pretty much where I live.lol

Monday, August 27, 2012 10:28 PM
Too bad I don't have a J anymore. In all of the meets I have gone to with other car groups in the past 15 years, (Kansas City several times, Georgia, Kentucky, Pigeon Forge, TN, ect), one of the best parts was always just hanging out. It is always cool to go to a dragstrip, or autocross, theme park, ect, but just hanging out and talking cars has been the best part for me. I will keep a watch on this thread. I have owned several cavaliers, and have always enjoyed them.

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:59 AM
Just because you don't own a J doesn't mean you can't come!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:45 AM
In that case I'm down lol

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:19 AM
Yay!

We should make lifesized cardboard cut outs of anybody who sold/lost their Jbody over the years so their rides are they 'in spirit' LOL

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:52 AM
These are the test/tune dates for 2012 but I'm sure we can assume 2013 wont be far off.
They only list currently, so anything before August 31st isn't listed.

September 7th, 14th and 21st

October 12th, 19th, 26th

November 16th

December 1st, 22nd

Now these are 2012 dates, but I'd be willing to bet 2013 isn't far off.
We are trying to get a list of earlier in the year dates(March/April/May).

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:09 AM
Waiting to hear back, but looks like the track may not open TILL august. So we may have no choice but to plan the bash at the end of 2013.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:42 PM
I could make a central Georgia meet-up, but being in Valdosta and that far south probably won't work for me.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:14 PM
Josh Watson wrote:Waiting to hear back, but looks like the track may not open TILL august. So we may have no choice but to plan the bash at the end of 2013.

I know for a fact that the track in Valdosta opens before August. They usually have test and tunes going on starting in Feb. Same as Gainesville Raceway in Gainesville Fl.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:13 PM
Well I will let everyone know.. as soon as they reply to my e-mail.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:53 PM
Just to let every 1 know that is a VERY nice track...iv been there a few times. About 2 years ago they filmed a few episodes of "Pass times" there. And if Wild adventures is on the list of things to do..that place is pretty awesome.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search