south east meet in 2013? - Page 3 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: south east meet in 2013?
Sunday, September 02, 2012 8:37 PM
Also I like the earlier time just because these meets tend to die out after a few months so the closer we get the time the less chance of it falling through.

Monday, September 03, 2012 9:29 AM
Daniel Cooper wrote:Also I like the earlier time just because these meets tend to die out after a few months so the closer we get the time the less chance of it falling through.

This.

Also, late March/early April you have Easter to contend with. Early May is Mother's Day

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Monday, September 03, 2012 10:01 AM
Early march.lol will fix all 3 of those...temp will be nice,its closer, to now and no holidays til after

Monday, September 03, 2012 12:01 PM
Still waiting on them to e-mail me back. forgot today is labor day so most likely wont hear back till tomorrow.
I agree with the earlier dates, thats why originally I said March/April/May.

Once we know when the track opens we can go from there.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 8:29 PM
If the tracks are open beginning-mid March, I say we shoot for then. Cooler air for us AND the cars

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, September 06, 2012 1:37 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:If the tracks are open beginning-mid March, I say we shoot for then. Cooler air for us AND the cars

^^^^

Friday, September 07, 2012 7:53 AM
If I could just get ahold of them lol
Daniel you live near by, try calling them lol

Friday, September 07, 2012 8:03 AM
Can do.

Friday, September 07, 2012 8:23 AM
I just talk to someone from the track and we should have some dates about the middle of next week

Friday, September 07, 2012 9:07 PM
i think i mentioned this somewhere else, but never saw an update.
what are the odds of this being moved possibly 1 state west? maybe? If i could make this a 1 day drive i would love to bring a large group from texas your way. I host a GM bash every spring in texas and would be more than happy to cancel it in support of a more regional event like this.
any chance?

Saturday, September 08, 2012 5:48 AM
scott (section8cav) wrote:i think i mentioned this somewhere else, but never saw an update.
what are the odds of this being moved possibly 1 state west? maybe? If i could make this a 1 day drive i would love to bring a large group from texas your way. I host a GM bash every spring in texas and would be more than happy to cancel it in support of a more regional event like this.
any chance?

So your saying Alabama? I myself would not be against it, if it meant a much bigger group.

Only downfall from my eyes is the loss of a top notch track.

I guess see what the others say. Josh?

FU Tuning

Saturday, September 08, 2012 7:40 AM
I guess it depends on how far into Alabama we are talking and if they are any racetracks as that is one of the main events for the meet.
Anything more then 8 hours of driving and I'll have to drop out with my wife in nursing school and a 3 year old I can't afford the extra gas.

We can see if we get anymore interest for Alabama, are they are racetracks in Alabama?

Saturday, September 08, 2012 7:59 AM
actually got online and looked and some of the places i found were;
ALABAMA INTERNATIONAL DRAGWAY
STEELE, ALABAMA
Its a 1/4 track but they only do T&T on Sundays.

CHILTON COUNTY MOTORSPORTS PARK
MAPLESVILLE, ALABAMA
1/8 track and T&T is on Friday nights

HUNTSVILLE DRAGWAY
HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA
1/8 track and t&t is on Friday nights

MONTGOMERY MOTORSPORTS PARK
MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA
1/4 track T&T and street challenge friday nights

Not sure what else is around those area's though.
Florida guys mapquest those locals and see how much further of a drive you are looking at, some of these are actually closer than Valdosta for me.

Saturday, September 08, 2012 11:22 AM
If a track is in the plans it should be 1/4 mile. That is my opinion. So that limits to 2 tracks.

For me Montgomery is 6 hours 45 minutes. Alabama International (Birmingham) 8 hours 18 minutes.

The drive it not a big deal for me.

Also Birmingham is Sunday test and tune which is likely be travel home day for most people.

I checked Mongomery's host hotel pricing for the same last weekend in May as we did for Valdosta and they are $89, but website says"Ask for the Montgomery
MotorSports Park Rate!" So it could be cheaper than valdosta. and it is a Marriott Courtyard which are nice. Seems like they have plenty of other hotels that could also be cheaper.

So now the question is Scott is this enough for you?

Also how about the other Fl people?

FU Tuning

Saturday, September 08, 2012 3:27 PM
9 hrs 35 min to montgomery for me. Bit far but i dont mind the drive. Time frame yet?

Saturday, September 08, 2012 4:35 PM
Montgomery is roughly 4 or 5 for me...but my car doesn't like long rides..so my vote is still for the SGMP.

Sunday, September 09, 2012 3:57 AM
I'd be down for Montgomery, only another hour compared to Valdosta for me

Sunday, September 09, 2012 5:57 AM
I'm down for Montgomery.

Daniel we will start a fund raiser for you to help lol

I sent a e-mail to them and see if I can't find out when they open for 2013.

Sunday, September 09, 2012 6:06 AM
Was looking at the local attractions and the only thing there is the Montgomery Zoo.
"Spread over 40 acres, is home to over 700 animals from five continents, including the famous Bengal tiger. A train ride around the park provides an overview of the site and a chance to determine where you want to go later for a closer look."

Maybe there is something else near by we could find, some go-carts or something.

Sunday, September 09, 2012 6:20 AM
Josh Watson wrote:Was looking at the local attractions and the only thing there is the Montgomery Zoo.
"Spread over 40 acres, is home to over 700 animals from five continents, including the famous Bengal tiger. A train ride around the park provides an overview of the site and a chance to determine where you want to go later for a closer look."

Maybe there is something else near by we could find, some go-carts or something.

I personally like Zoo's. I know Gil has kids and they might like that as well. I have a kid on the way but he will be too young to really understand it, but this might not be a bad group deal.

FU Tuning

Sunday, September 09, 2012 10:31 AM
I haven't been too a zoo in about 15 years, but love Animals plus I have a 3 year old myself who would LOVE to see the Animals.
I'll look into pricing and see if they offer group discount.

Sunday, September 09, 2012 12:21 PM
I ask to move it 1 state west in the effort that people traveling north and south wouldnt be so effected, but those of us going east it would help very much. thank you for your consideration. I am looking at montgomery on the map, looks like a 13+ hour drive for most of my guys. thats some heavy seat time for a group...but it can be done in 1 day. Making a trip in 2 days makes me ask everyone to pay not only extra gas and food costs, but also motel costs and extra time off work. So i thank you very much for your effort.
Honestly i think i can do this. I mean me personally i know this is not a problem, but with a group in mind i think its doable. If this is something thats possible i will bring it up to my guys, keep in mind the MAJORITY of my group is going to be cobalts, so i hope this remains a "gm" type event.
If you guys want to make this work i am more than happy to help, however given the sheer amount of people i have to talk to in this state to organize this trip i only have 1 stipulation..which i will only discuss in pm or on the phone. But first do what you have to do and make sure this is ok with everyone else, i dont want to step on any organizers toes. I'll move forward with plans on my end when and if you guys give me the go ahead. just let me know.

Sunday, September 09, 2012 2:55 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:I ask to move it 1 state west in the effort that people traveling north and south wouldnt be so effected, but those of us going east it would help very much. thank you for your consideration. I am looking at montgomery on the map, looks like a 13+ hour drive for most of my guys. thats some heavy seat time for a group...but it can be done in 1 day. Making a trip in 2 days makes me ask everyone to pay not only extra gas and food costs, but also motel costs and extra time off work. So i thank you very much for your effort.
Honestly i think i can do this. I mean me personally i know this is not a problem, but with a group in mind i think its doable. If this is something thats possible i will bring it up to my guys, keep in mind the MAJORITY of my group is going to be cobalts, so i hope this remains a "gm" type event.
If you guys want to make this work i am more than happy to help, however given the sheer amount of people i have to talk to in this state to organize this trip i only have 1 stipulation..which i will only discuss in pm or on the phone. But first do what you have to do and make sure this is ok with everyone else, i dont want to step on any organizers toes. I'll move forward with plans on my end when and if you guys give me the go ahead. just let me know.

Scott, I think this is more of a laid back event for now. Meaning your not going to step on toes. Again if moving one step west will help the turnout, I myself am for it.

I think Josh has stated this is a GM event, so Cobalts are more than welcome.

As for your stipulation I would say PM Josh. You are more than welcome to PM me, but Josh is the one that has started this so I would consider him the lead guy. I'm just trying to lend my support where I can.

FU Tuning

Sunday, September 09, 2012 10:54 PM
it would be an 8 hour drive for me, I would say valdosta

Monday, September 10, 2012 1:27 PM
Valdosta - Under 4 hours for me. Montgomery - 8 hours. I would be game for either. Wife and I both love rollercoasters and she works for a zoo, so win either way, hell might even be able to get part of the Montgomery one written off as a business expense if her work is cool with it. They paid for her to visit one up in Ohio a month ago =)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search