south east meet in 2013? - Page 4 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: south east meet in 2013?
Monday, September 10, 2012 1:38 PM
I could make a Montgomery trip if it gets moved there. Its a straight shot for me on I65 and would only take about 4 hours.

Depending on when the meet is, I know that Montgomery has a baseball team (the Montgomery Biscuits) and there are some decent places to eat in the area. I pass thru about twice a year when I visit friends in Mobile, AL.

Monday, September 10, 2012 2:11 PM
As of right now, it is officially moved to Montgomery.
Once I hear back from the racetrack we can talk date, and then I can create a event page on Facebook(where I think most of our participation will come from) and announce it all over the web.

I changed it from a Jbody meet to a GM meet, but we WILL NOT turn away non-GM vehicles.
If you guys and ladies think it would be more welcoming being called something like 2013 South Eastern Tuner's Meet or something more generic then 'GM' I am all for it.
I'm hoping my Wife will be able to bring her 99' Beetle, and a few friends have Import who want to come as well.

Monday, September 10, 2012 3:53 PM
agreed. thats how I have always ran our bash. no car is turned away, no person left out, but we pretty much kept our advertising to the target audience and let them know their friends are welcome to tag along.
Thanks so much for the consideration and moving the location, i will do my best to get as many as possible out to this event. Let me know when a date is set. Is there a time of year we are aiming for ?? ive always thought mid to late spring was very nice in the south and just after tax season people should have plenty of travel funds available lol

Monday, September 10, 2012 3:58 PM
Josh Watson wrote:If you guys and ladies think it would be more welcoming being called something like 2013 South Eastern Tuner's Meet .

I like that even better. I can see if any of the Hyper Street guys (and gals) wanna come. They're mostly civics, preludes and teggies, but there are a few Js and neons and trucks too

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Monday, September 10, 2012 4:01 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:agreed. thats how I have always ran our bash. no car is turned away, no person left out, but we pretty much kept our advertising to the target audience and let them know their friends are welcome to tag along.
Thanks so much for the consideration and moving the location, i will do my best to get as many as possible out to this event. Let me know when a date is set. Is there a time of year we are aiming for ?? ive always thought mid to late spring was very nice in the south and just after tax season people should have plenty of travel funds available lol

I like the idea of keeping the name GM, but letting it known for all. I have done the same for monthly meets in Jacksonville Fl.

Scott so far as for time frame people have been saying March-April. I think it will also depend on the track.

If baseball was in that would be cool to catch a game.

FU Tuning

Monday, September 10, 2012 4:22 PM
march april is great travel weather down here ! especially for those of us with no ac
and i agree on keeping the GM in the event name, needs more spice though.. alabama have any nicknames names we could include ?

Monday, September 10, 2012 7:00 PM
OH I wish the reaceway would return my call so we could decide on a date lol

Monday, September 10, 2012 8:02 PM
I'm perfectly fine with moving it over so we can include the Texas crew. The more, the merrier

I don't think the drive will be too bad, probably about another 3-4 hours or so. I still want to aim for mid-March if possible, though, because as Scott stated, some of us won't have a/c and the cooler weather will be much appreciated.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 8:07 AM
Yeah no A/C is fine here in the mountains but other places, not so much lol

Friday, September 14, 2012 7:46 AM
Oh c'mon someone say something don't let the flame go out lol

Friday, September 14, 2012 10:42 AM
-says something-

Friday, September 14, 2012 3:53 PM
I can definitely spread the word around to all the other car guys I know in and around my area and try to increase some attendance. That time of year should work great for me as I'll be done with school in december and hopefully have some extra money saved up for a Vacation by then.

Friday, September 14, 2012 4:59 PM
my guys are getting excited..but as usual need a date to be certain. after we get a date we need to spread the word...ALOT..get ahold of all the club organizers..cobalts too..i know theres several big groups in that area alone

Saturday, September 15, 2012 8:08 AM
Yeah I'm going to try calling the racetrack Monday as e-mails seem to not be working,

Sunday, September 16, 2012 8:12 AM
getting a date is probably going to be difficult this early. So i understand your pain. I have had the same problem every time i planned an event at track.

Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:40 PM
HEY whats going on with this !!!! haha dont let this die guy !
We should probably form a committee for this on facebook or something

Monday, September 24, 2012 12:48 PM
Stalling on the raceway giving me dates for when they start T&T dates.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:01 PM
whats your guys facebook links...

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:09 PM
I'm still watching. I have been spreading the word also.

FU Tuning

Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:35 PM
no one has facebook?

Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:06 PM
www.facebook.com/thedizasterchild

If you send me any game requests, I'll send an airstrike to your house lol.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:24 PM
hahaha the only game i play on facebook is texas holdem..i dont send game requests :p

http://www.facebook.com/Sc0tt.Trent

Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:59 PM
That Would Be Nice... Definately Count Me In...

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Saturday, September 29, 2012 1:24 PM
www.facebook.com/radiationqueen

Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:If you send me any game requests, I'll send an airstrike to your house lol.

Sunday, September 30, 2012 5:39 PM
facebook.com/z2the4

I've got a event page made up, but haven't made it public because we dont have a date yet.
Also made a south eastern group page as well, if you send me a friend request I'll add you to the group.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search