Fort Bragg area? - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fort Bragg area?
Sunday, May 12, 2013 12:11 PM
So my husband got orders to Fort Bragg... We'll be leaving Germany within the next 6 months.. Any of ya'll nearby? There wasn't much of a J crowd in my area, in NH. Would like to find some other clean Js to meet up with

Re: Fort Bragg area?
Sunday, May 12, 2013 10:52 PM
NC has a decent scene at the moment. Florida has pretty much died off as being the mecca of the SE lol.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, May 13, 2013 3:04 AM
I've been in the Fort Bragg/ Fayetteville are for 18 years.
Short time poster, long term lurcker on JBO.
Prepare to be bored to death and experience some of the worst drivers in America.
Monday, May 13, 2013 3:56 AM
About 4 hours from where I am along with 3 J's from TN, Josh, Alex, Micah, plus one J not on the org I believe are a little closer to you.

Building it one piece at a time
Monday, May 13, 2013 6:01 AM
RicoCav wrote:I've been in the Fort Bragg/ Fayetteville are for 18 years.
Prepare to be bored to death and experience some of the worst drivers in America.

Have a few friends stationed there now, They too said the drivers were horrible. GREAT, lol.

My husband and I are looking to buy a house, any towns you'd recomend as far as low crime, nice/quiet, and an easy commute to Bragg? Lol. We've heard some things but trying to make a decision we don't regret... I hear there is a lot of crime in the area, especially Fayetteville. Pretty ghetto area I guess? Lol.

Monday, May 13, 2013 6:55 AM
Have a few friends stationed there now, They too said the drivers were horrible. GREAT, lol.

My husband and I are looking to buy a house, any towns you'd recomend as far as low crime, nice/quiet, and an easy commute to Bragg? Lol. We've heard some things but trying to make a decision we don't regret... I hear there is a lot of crime in the area, especially Fayetteville. Pretty ghetto area I guess? Lol.

Well, that depends on a couple factors.
1. Price range for houses.
2. Do you have kids? Because then you want to take school zones into account.
3. Do you prefer country housing away from city, or do you like the cramped city neighbourhood feel?

Fayetteville is sort of ghetto, but it doesn't bother me too bad because I know what areas/stores to avoid. There are certain Walmart's you do NOT want to go to.
Crime isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I would say that there are "pockets" of crime areas, it isn't city wide.
Hope Mills is a small town in Fayetteville. It is expanding quickly making it somewhat cramped, but it is nice for the most part. It's where I live.
Everyone who lives in the city of Raeford say they love it out there. Its more country land and quiet.
Sanford isn't too far out but I hear they have a lot of ghetto Red Neck types, unlike Fayetteville who have the ghetto "gangsta" style.
Its hard to pick a city/town because Fort Bragg/ Fayetteville is in the center, and many cities surround it. They are about equal distance from Bragg in one way or another.
However, no matter where you live, if you want to do anything of interest, you will have to come Fayetteville. They have all the big stores and the only Mall (Cross Creek Mall).
I can recommend an excellent reality agent who helped me and my wife get our house. He is great and will find you what you are looking for, and works really hard to do it. Even works weekends at all hours. Real dedicated guy.

By the way, I am a civilian contractor working IT for DoD, so I know a lot about Fort Bragg.
If you have any questions, just ask. I lurk on JBO all day at work
Monday, May 13, 2013 9:26 AM
Thanks for taking the time to respond thoroughly. lol. We were "looking" at two houses in Cameron that we really liked... but it sounds like it may be a bit too far of a commute. My husband is starting to think he wants to live on base at least at first, so we are still kinda deciding what we want to do. It's also hard to commit to a home you haven't inspected yourself in person... so we may stay on base and buy a home later on. IDK. We have some time to decide tho, but appreciate your input. I'm not worried about schools and such, as my daughter is only 2 1/2 months old so we have a few years for that, lol.

Monday, May 13, 2013 10:24 AM
Nothing wrong with free housing.
MP's on Bragg are brutal though. They'll get you 5mph over the limit w/no mercy, but that may be any Military installation.
Also, speed limits are set stupid slow. 35mph is the fastest I've seen on Bragg. Early mornings are worse because of all the PT going on, speed limit is capped at 25 or less. Its so painful to drive around there when you're used to going fast, lol.
They have some nice housing areas, but they are usually taken up which leaves most new personnel in the old crappy houses. Unless your husband is a colonel or general. Then you get a nice BIG house.
Cameron is sort of out there, but I have heard people living out there as well who commute to Bragg. Depending on where in Cameron, I believe they have a straight shot road to Bragg, its just a long drive.
Whatever you guys decide, feel free to hit me up. I could show you around town or give you the information of my Realtor Agent.
My little boy just turned 3 so, if we ever have a J-body meet in NC, he could have a plate mate
Monday, May 13, 2013 11:06 AM
She's 2 1/2 months old, not years, haha. But maybe eventually, lol.

Yeah I was looking at the housing, it looks nice but we are looking for a 3 bedroom, but we only qualify for 2, and NEED a garage... So it looks we'll probably keep our eyes open to buy primarily. I will take your realtors information... Ive been talking with one but maybe he will have some input too.

As for speed limits and such, thats typical of ALL military installations.

My husband has an Evo and we do a lot of car meets and stuff, so Im excited to finally have my car too...so Id love to have another J with me, lol.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:36 AM
Haha. Sorry, I missed that part. Yeah, my hyperactive 3 yr old would not place nice with a 2 month old.
That's what I get trying to surf JBO at work.

Visit Your text to link here...
His number is in the top right corner.
He is a little on the "feminine" side, if you catch my drift. Not sure of his orientation, never asked, didn't want to insult.
But that never bother me or my wife. One you get to work with him, he acts like a friend more than just a salesman, which is great.
Its best that you start looking now and have something potentially set up when you get here.
Good luck.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:07 AM
Thanks, Ill likely send him an email soon.

Yeah, we were really interested in two houses in Cameron, but the realtor said it was unlikely the sellers would be willing to wait to close, even with a down payment... So yeah we are starting!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:21 AM
im about 1-1.5 hrs from fayettenam but my J is currently sitting outside bout 65% stripped down until I figure out what I want to do. I will prolly end up over by Fayetteville this summer so I can race my kart over there as my local track is getting kinda crappy. get used to weird weather you can usually never trust what the forecast says lol.

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:03 AM
fayettenam lol. man does that place smell funny. move to florida!

Sunday, May 19, 2013 12:58 PM
Fayetteville is the worst place I have ever lived in. One of the best days of my life is when I left that city.

I'm curious to know what Wal-Mart the poster above says is a good one to avoid. I recall there being one close to the mall he was talking about, and another one on the opposite side of town. I went to both of them a million times and never had an issue.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Sunday, June 09, 2013 8:42 AM
Mrs Jazer wrote:
RicoCav wrote:I've been in the Fort Bragg/ Fayetteville are for 18 years.

If i may make a recommendation that will benefit you long term, buy a multi family house. the mortgage will be paid and when he gets stationed elsewhere you can use it as an income producing property. msg if you want some details

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search