5 speed swap & dash ...help? - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
5 speed swap & dash ...help?
Monday, August 05, 2013 7:43 AM
Could use a hand with 5speed swap. Got everything just about finished car won't start. Probably neutral safety switch
I have 97 auto haeness inside.everything from firewall forward is from a 5 speed donor car.Anything I can rig to make work? Pulling dash harness from 99 5speed would fix whole mess..? Anyone got one? Also will sunfire dash bolt up in cavi with no new holes needed?

Re: 5 speed swap & dash ...help?
Monday, August 05, 2013 8:10 AM
You can wire up a full 5 speed with an auto harness.
I did it, and mine works fine.
There is a write up on here somewhere, just do a search.
I used it.
Monday, August 05, 2013 8:43 AM
If you want to change to the sunfire dash you would have to change the door panels as well because of the closed door fitment
Monday, August 05, 2013 9:18 AM
Bobby I searched for like 2 days.can't really find a for sure answer.any link would be awesome. Andrew I have the doors already just dint want to take apart if it wasn't gonna bolt up.thanks also looking for steering wheel hub adapter if anyone one has or knows someone.appreciate any input on these topics.
Monday, August 05, 2013 4:24 PM
If you're using an auto harness on a manual car, all you need to do is bypass the neutral safety switch. That's what I did in my purple Ecotec-swapped car. As for the Sunfire dash bolting in, I was told you need the metal frame, and I was told you don't. I pulled one regardless. Once that's in, everything should bolt right up with no issues.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, August 07, 2013 7:13 AM
So if any local mechanic wants to make some $$$ and can help with a few things please hit me up.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search