Need help re-homing a car (not a for sale thread) - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need help re-homing a car (not a for sale thread)
Wednesday, February 08, 2017 2:10 PM
Not a for sale thread.

I'm talking about signing over the title of my 88 Skyhawk to someone who will treat it with respect, keep it garaged and send me a pic once in a while. I'd rather give it to someone who loves these cars than sell it to someone who will beat it, trash it and crush it. This car came to me for $400.00 from another mechanic at a pretty hard time of my life and I paid it back for being good to me when I needed it.

Runs & drives with no issues
$4000.00 paint job from bare metal on entire chasss- factory color
1987 Skylark 4" wheels - powder coated with recesses color coded to body
New 205/70R14 tires
Reman engine with about 300 miles on it
Full set of NOS body emblems, haven't put them on yet
Recently replaced TCC solenoid

So, literally, if you want this car and agree to keep it garaged, drive it reasonably, take care of it, respect it, then it's yours. Clear NC title in hand. Reply to thread with proposal on how to come get it. I reserve the right to choose who it goes to, not a first come first serve proposition.

Re: Need help re-homing a car (not a for sale thread)
Monday, February 13, 2017 4:55 AM
Hello Robert,

My name is Daniel, and I would be honored if you chose to sign the Skyhawk over to me. I have owned 3 J-bodies, and I feel that I share the same love and appreciation for these cars that you do. If you are looking for someone who will keep this car garaged, maintained, treated with respect, driven with great care, and who will send you a pic once in a while, then I’m your guy. I work Monday through Friday, but am able to come get this car at any time Saturday or Sunday, should you choose me. Thanks for your time and consideration.

I can't type in cursive!
Monday, February 13, 2017 7:33 PM
PM sent.
Saturday, February 18, 2017 2:04 AM
Hi

If you are still looking for a caretaker for the car, I'm interested.
I live in Florida and have a 4 car garage. I have 3 J bodies, a 1988 Z24 coupe, a 1992 Z24 convertible and a 1994 RS convertible. I'm 55 years old as of today, as a matter of fact.
I'd put the car up in the garage and drive it around some on the occasional Sunday morning when traffic is light. Maybe take it to a car show once in a while. Other than that, it would stay covered in the garage. I'd send you pictures at your request as well as any I may take at shows.

I'll be in NC the week of March 10-19 and can haul the car back to FL on a U-Haul trailer.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search