Surging idle - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Surging idle
Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:18 PM
hey would anyone happen to know why my car would be having a surging idle ? ..... i sat in my car last night while it ran for a few minutes and watched my needle bounce from 0-1000 rpm then back then back up .... it was like bouncing up and down and my engine was idling high then idling low ..... then it stopped ..... anyone know what it might be ?

Re: Surging idle
Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:05 PM
Could be the IAC idle air control,but u should do a code check to see if the ecm has set a hard code for the problem.Could be any number of problems but,that's the first thing that came to mind.By the way is ur car a manual or automatic.You need to put under ur profile some specs about ur car since u do not have any.That way peps can better help to determine such issues based on ur eng,drivetrain etc.OK The real oldschool J

Monday, October 03, 2005 9:53 AM
IAC, or TPS, both went bad on my Z, it would hunt from 800-1200, if th egauge ran down to 0 and then jumped to 1000, it may be in the elictrical system too.... code it out and see if the computer can asertain any thing

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, October 03, 2005 10:13 AM
Could be a vacuum leak too somehwere.

Monday, October 03, 2005 11:08 AM
you need to go to the track and get some new times.... you should be way faster.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, October 03, 2005 9:19 PM
Haha, I know man. I'm gonna pull the "I need a new clutch " card, is that ok? lol. Stock clutch with 80k miles slips a little under boost so I actually do have an ACT waiting to be put in. Just trying to decide on a lighter flywheel or not. Soon I hope. Sorry sunfirechick96, don't mean to hi-jack your thread.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:54 AM
probably the idle air control valve
or you iat sensor

south east
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 3:33 PM
Mine does the same but only when i am running the AC.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search