Moving to GA - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Moving to GA
Monday, November 21, 2005 7:39 AM
Well im moving down to GA on dec 5 from South Jersey.... i was wondering if there are any Jbody car clubs down there.? im going to be living in cumming... i know that there is a who lives in GA thread.. it just looks well like crappy.......lol

Re: Moving to GA
Monday, November 21, 2005 7:43 AM
what part of GA. I live in Florida near the GA state line. The J scene in GA has seems to have died down.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, November 21, 2005 7:59 AM
IT SUCKS.

every thing about this state does, the weather, all the girls LOOK like there 18-20, but there really 14. WTF,

lol

i rather be up north were we have seasons

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, November 21, 2005 10:12 AM
im just looking for a decient speed shop and new group fo semi gear heads to hang with.. while im down there.. thats all.
Monday, November 21, 2005 12:41 PM
i'm in gainesville, it's close cumming. i'll be glad to meet up. there's a few j's around in g-ville, two are @!#$y(green w/drift & some nasty stickers, bigass wing)(other 1 is about five different colors w/ half a kit and fenders), then there is mine and tiff's(some mods,clean ), and one guy i haven't met up with(green w/unpainted dift kit). haven't seen any in cumming

AIM & Y!: COGcaviZ24
Monday, November 21, 2005 1:32 PM
yea i like sleek and clean look my self not overly ubnoxsious <--- (im a spelling bee champ) are there any speed shops around...
Monday, November 21, 2005 1:56 PM
Geoff L wrote:im just looking for a decient speed shop and new group fo semi gear heads to hang with.. while im down there.. thats all.

I'll have a pretty descent shop by next summer I'd think! We're in the biding process right now and already have some deals coming in from land-and-sea.com for our dyno. I know a little bit too much about J's and live in S. Atlanta. Once I get my car back down here from seattle I'll be out a-lot more! Pretty sure I'll be headed south alot to hang with Taetsch Z24 since I also like to hit the track a ton. Also sure I'll be meeting up with Andrew since he's always down to kick it.

Some shops I recommend until I get opened is.........

Mahdavi Motorsports
Mainstream Motorsports

and sadly that's it haha.

Our shop will have a weird set-up and since my own damn mom is my primary investor I have to incorporate her ideas a bit so she stays interested in financing 60% of it. She wants to do a detail/sales type of thing where we buy mid to expensive cars, re-work them a bit and sale them and also have a detail thing going. I'm all about the dyno, installing parts, fabricating my own parts for various uses. So it'll be fun! Stay tuned

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Monday, November 21, 2005 2:05 PM
Taetsch Z24.

No offense but there arent any walls between the south and north. i wish there were though. the south is a good place to live. its not cold like 80% of the time. i can always travel other places. the south is home.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Monday, November 21, 2005 5:07 PM
I was in canton/cleveland ohio the first 2 weeks of this month. got used to the weather there( cold, windy, and the air is dry. i used lotion like everyday), came back to gainesville and I was like damn I love this place. then I went to the local wal-mart(sunday night) and I wanted go back up north( the hispanic population here is rediculus). but I found that they ain't @!#$ up in that area. all I did was go to bars and drink and i'm not the drinking type! I would drive my car in Cleveland. I was in a toyota matrix and it felt like I needed some big tires and 4wd...in the heart of Cleveland.

I've been north ga my whole life, traveled all over the U.S.(especially recently), and I this to be my favorite area to be in. our lake is nasty, atlanta is getting closer, it's seems to be getting hotter and you just about got to know how to speak spanish, but that's it! I'm not going anywhere( unless my job gives me a bigass raise and pay for the moving process.if that happens i'm out ) bwuhahaha

Monday, November 21, 2005 8:35 PM
jamal, we'll hafta meet up sometime man.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Tuesday, November 22, 2005 9:42 AM
cheek out what speedracerz ( brian ) did in the performance fourm.... weve got to do this to my motor.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:59 PM
Mahdavi Motorsports used to be good...I've heard they just throw crap together now and are really starting to get a bad name...

I'm in the north east corner of GA.....there isn't really much to expect out of GA.... http://www.engineered.net/ ...now that dude knows his @!#$ when it comes to the GM motors...

~Kilo

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 4:13 AM
Taetsch Z24 wrote:IT SUCKS.

every thing about this state does, the weather, all the girls LOOK like there 18-20, but there really 14. WTF,

lol

Chris

then go back..... seriously I hate people who bitch about living somewhere...... if you hate it here so much leave....... complaining isn't going to get you anywhere and will just annoy everyone! So, you need to STFU about it!!!!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 5:29 AM
woh, easy with anger.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:33 AM
hey Geoff, a suggestion to you(if you want): to stay up to date with car shows, local stuff, car clubs and meets, go to importatlanta.com and become a member. I'm on there all the time, more so than here. j-body.org is international , IA(importatlanta) is more of a local web site/forum. but to warn you, just like on "the org" , IA has it's share of douche bags.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 1:07 PM
Quote:

then go back..... seriously I hate people who bitch about living somewhere...... if you hate it here so much leave....... complaining isn't going to get you anywhere and will just annoy everyone! So, you need to STFU about it!!!!

Thats right. the north is a fine place to visit because its so vastly diffirent from here but like she said. you can leave or be quiet. Denetra, we should meet sometime with an attitude like that we could be good friends.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 3:58 PM
lol.... sure soon to be boosted we should.
Sorry if that came off uber bitchy, but really who wants to hear it???? If you're unhappy leave..... that was the point I think I got across rather clearly

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 5:31 PM
do you live north, south, east or west of atl. i just pick up my GA in GA (thats kinda weird). i got it from a guy off the hamilton mill exit. i come GA a lot during the spring and summer. i like it.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 5:19 AM
I used to live about 15 min. north of ATL. that's where I grew-up, but I recently moved to Warner Robins, about an hour 45 min south of ATl.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 1:28 PM
i liked how s this thread got so out of hand... but thanks for the advice i should be in ga before christmas.... oh i just got bazck from thje track and ran a 15.6 on the quarter with only a cold air intake the v6 mustang didnt have a chance...
Saturday, November 26, 2005 3:58 PM
they never do geoff.

Quote:

I used to live about 15 min. north of ATL. that's where I grew-up, but I recently moved to Warner Robins, about an hour 45 min south of ATl.

thats cool. the further south the better. its warmer longer and your closer to FL. FL is awesome. what are your plans with the cav?

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 9:04 AM
IxLovedxAlone wrote:

lol

Chris

ya, as if geting out of the Marine Corps is that easy.
and it was more of the jokeing style of complaining.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:38 PM
Taetsch Z24 wrote:
IxLovedxAlone wrote:

lol

Chris

ya, as if geting out of the Marine Corps is that easy.
and it was more of the jokeing style of complaining.

Chris

well, your joke sure sounded like bitching to me And yeah, you can request transfers etc... it's not that hard, my boyfriend is Air Force, if you really wanted to leave you could so, the Marine Corps doesn't give you the right to complain about GA. No one FORCED you to join the Marine Corp either did they??? So, when it comes down to it, it was still all your own choice wasn't it???? so deal with it

and, ReCkLe5s yeah, it's amazing the difference in temp, you would think 2 hours wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it's always at least 10 degrees warmer down here.

The Cav is stock right now except some chrome Focal wheels, i plan on putting in a K&N intake, a B&M short throw shifter, and some new springs / lowering her a bit. But that's all.... nothing to drastic or noteworthy

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:02 PM
yet another jacked thread

Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:54 AM
IxLovedxAlone wrote:

The Cav is stock right now except some chrome Focal wheels, i plan on putting in a K&N intake, a B&M short throw shifter, and some new springs / lowering her a bit. But that's all.... nothing to drastic or noteworthy

I think I have seen those rims somewhere
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search