rain - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rain
Saturday, July 12, 2008 12:09 PM
Well, I left my windows down 2 night ago and it POURED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So yesterday I took out my carpet and wringed it out the best I could. And put it all back in. Today it is pretty warm so I am trying to let it air out. My concern is that there was a sponge like material under the carpet that looked like dyna-mat in a way. I am assuming it is there for sound deadening from road noise. It is holding moisure, and I was wondering if I should leave it in there or take it out? If I take it out I will never install deadening material under the carpet again. Should I just let it be and let it air out the best it can over the week-end? Or should I take it all back out yet again and rip the sponge stuff out from under the carpet? I hate North Carolina. I wish I were living back in West Virginia again!

98z24, lowered 2", aem intake, cat-back striaght pipes!, cop ligths in the front and rear, 18" liquid metal's, primer black, tint, full audio and video.

Re: rain
Saturday, July 12, 2008 1:48 PM
Its happened to me before you can do 2 things, go to a gas station and use the vacuum to suck out all the water or you can buy a PVA towel

you can find this at Walmart and leave it on the wet spot of the carpet and ring out, repeat the process until dry, you can do this without removing the carpet, I was surprised at the results

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, July 12, 2008 1:49 PM

Saturday, July 12, 2008 2:31 PM
Hmmmm... Thanks for that pic of the towel thing. It seems pretty dry from the looks of things. am going to pull the carpet back a bit and look at te foor board again, if it seemswet, I may try that. But my problems are way deeper than just the top of the carpet. That morning when i left for work there was atleast a 1/2 inch of standing water in the floor of my car! But it seems to be drying pretty well. I just dont want rust issues...

98z24, lowered 2", aem intake, cat-back striaght pipes!, cop ligths in the front and rear, 18" liquid metal's, primer black, tint, full audio and video.
Saturday, July 12, 2008 2:46 PM
the same thing happened to me, believe that towel wil work it sucks out everything, my favorite is the vacuum then the towel

Saturday, July 12, 2008 3:38 PM
Yeah, I really wanted to shop vac the thing, but I dont own one. I thought about taking it to the car wash, but that would have been to big of a hassle taking out the carpet and all.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search