Looking for this Front Bumper - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for this Front Bumper
Saturday, March 07, 2009 7:47 PM
I'm looking for this Bumper ...If anybody finds one in a local junkyard or knows when one is Please contact me ... Thanks..

Re: Looking for this Front Bumper
Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:13 PM
http://www.j-body.org/members/cavaman2005/

He had one for sale a while back, dont know if he still does

Saturday, March 07, 2009 11:30 PM
uh oh, what happened to yours?

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, March 09, 2009 7:21 PM
John W(Ranger1316) wrote:http://www.j-body.org/members/cavaman2005/

He had one for sale a while back, dont know if he still does

Thanks. I will PM him

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:15 PM
I Wanna See You Suffer wrote:uh oh, what happened to yours?

It's not what has happened ,,, It's,, what is going to happen to it ??

All I can say is I'm cutting this one up ... If I cant find one for sale.

Keep a eye out for one in the junk yards for me ..Thanks

Sunday, March 15, 2009 8:55 PM
anybody??

Monday, March 16, 2009 5:13 AM
Rarely see that bumper, how bad you gunna cut it up?

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Monday, March 16, 2009 5:21 AM
uh oh I have to see this

Monday, March 16, 2009 2:47 PM
JHand wrote:Rarely see that bumper, how bad you gunna cut it up?

Well my plans are to cut the bumper in half right below the bumper support ,, and drop the front of the bottom half down about 4 or 5 inches.( like a wedge)

I would like to make the lines on the bottom of the bumper to be level with the sides.. I "m trying to get rid of the upward rake of the front bumper

Monday, March 16, 2009 2:55 PM
U mean you don't like looking like your able to eat anything in your path?

Monday, March 16, 2009 3:15 PM
No thats not it .. I would like the holes in the middle too be open more (from top to bottom)...

I want to open the front up,,( bring the front down closer to the ground).. so if I cut the bumper from just under the support from wheel to wheel ,, I should be able to wedge the front of the bumper open leaving a piewedge to be Fiberglassed back

Monday, March 16, 2009 5:59 PM
hmmmmm. Bigger holes eh.

FU Tuning

Monday, March 16, 2009 7:23 PM
LoL

Monday, March 16, 2009 9:16 PM
John Higgins wrote:hmmmmm. Bigger holes eh.

Yes bigger holes ......lol . You know me the little old man looking for bigger holes to fill....lololol

I seem to have fitment problems with the bumper the way its is made ..

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 1:19 AM
intimidator wrote:
John Higgins wrote:hmmmmm. Bigger holes eh.

Yes bigger holes ......lol . You know me the little old man looking for bigger holes to fill....lololol

I seem to have fitment problems with the bumper the way its is made ..

thats the Robert I know.. dirty old man

so you wanna cut it from end to end, so it opens like a jaw? then fiberglass it back with it sitting open?

I think I get it.. that was the only thing I didnt like about the '95-'99 Z bumpers.. the fact that the lip gradually went away as you went to the front of the bumper.. making it look like the bumper got shorter at the nose

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 1:34 AM
from what I understand Evan the way you worded that sounded off.

He wants to cut it in half from end to end and make the bottom flat and not curved up so much. kinda like j-hands how it is nice and level and not up in the air like a dozer about to knock down some cones.

I agree with the dirty old man and I like were this is going. Hate that bumper but if it was down more it would look 100% better imo

5 seconds to find another street...

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 5:12 AM
^^ ooh so make it even and level and not angle up? well now that makes sence.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 5:56 AM
thats what I want to do to my z bumper, evan is right about that stupid angle, making the bumper appear shorter at the fron of the lip, thats the one thing i h8 about my kit

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 6:55 PM
Evan don;t know his ass from a hole in the wall. 95-99 stock Z kit is fine the way it is. It is nothing like what Robert is talking about. It would not need modified for what he is doing if he was using it either.

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:14 AM
dammit John, that damn bumper looks awkward in the front!!! the lip slowly starts to angle up until it gradually blends in with the rest of the bumper, as it curves.. its always bugged me, and I must not be the only one if someone went out of their way to make the Technic lip for it... now when compared to the base bumper, or even the '00+ Z24/LSS bumpers, it wins hands-down based on the fact that the newer style bumpers were merely "slightly" modified versions of the stockers, whereas the '95-'99 Z bumper was completely different than the base counterpart.... I get it, trust me

with Robert's bumper, what I'm getting is that he wants to cut it from end to end so it opens like a jaw... leave the top half the way it is when bolted on, but drop the bottom half to where it runs even with the rest of the bodyline, then 'glass it back together with it dropped lower..... right?

Thursday, March 19, 2009 3:37 AM
So you think the Technic lip was made because someone thought as you do abotu the stock Z24 bumper?? You are soo wrong. I think you all are on crack, or you do not know how to explain what you really mean. There is no angle up in the Z24 bumper lip, or angel down.

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 19, 2009 4:33 AM
Evan you are correct... that is just what im talking about doing ... Im going to make to bottom of it lower and leave the top the way it is ...

John the 95/99 Z bumper does go up some in the front ... (But not as much as my POS bull$hit bumper )..... I have a 97 Z24 and will take pics of it later from the side of the car and post up

Thursday, March 19, 2009 5:15 AM
yeah the z24 bumper 95-99 does angle up I hate it, I am going to do some kind of fabrication some day if im up to it

Thursday, March 19, 2009 1:06 PM
I don't need pictures. I had a 97 Z24 As far as I'm concerned it does not angel up. Maybe to anal people, and ones who do not know there ass from a hole in the wall, and have to be right and a 1 degree angle is it.

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 19, 2009 3:42 PM
John Higgins wrote:I don't need pictures. I had a 97 Z24 As far as I'm concerned it does not angel up. Maybe to anal people, and ones who do not know there ass from a hole in the wall, and have to be right and a 1 degree angle is it.

LOL you had a 97 Z24 NONO you have a 97 Z24 its just been at my house so long you forgot..HAHAHAHAHA ,,, J/K I know the one you are talking about , I think it was Manta green like mine . and it more then 1 Deg .dont make me get out my angle gauge ..LOL

PS::::: I'm not anal.... .

Ok maybe I am......

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search