Florida Registration - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Florida Registration
Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:53 PM
Anyone know how much im looking to spend on registering my car with a new plate?

Re: Florida Registration
Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:31 PM
i think less than $75 on regular plate.
Registration of Motor Vehicles

Thursday, December 30, 2010 11:36 PM
I thought it went up to around $200.. ?

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Friday, December 31, 2010 5:50 AM
Looks like $225

FU Tuning

Friday, December 31, 2010 7:36 AM
^^thats what I was thinking, that whole new wheel thing, bah

Friday, December 31, 2010 9:12 AM
FL laws suck. I have lived here for 15 years now, never held another state drivers license and because I didnt have a copy of my out of state birth certificate they wouldnt allow me to renew my license. After jumping through hoops, paying a relative and waiting a week on Wisconsin I was finally able to renew my license. It wasnt cheap either. I think between my 2 year tag renewal and license it was $200+

What pisses me off the most is the fact that I am an 8 year Army vetran and I was basically told they could not verify I was who I said I was with out a mere certificate. What a crock of $%^&

Friday, December 31, 2010 11:35 AM
i payed 450 to reg the sunflower with a new plate, tax, and registration...

Friday, December 31, 2010 3:29 PM
holy @!#$, did you put a price on the title?

Friday, December 31, 2010 5:48 PM
No but i forgot to mention the title transfer and all that mess that goes with it. So that added to the price. If you already have a plate it will save you some coin. I only put 250 for the sale price.

Friday, December 31, 2010 6:05 PM
Josh G. wrote:FL laws suck. I have lived here for 15 years now, never held another state drivers license and because I didnt have a copy of my out of state birth certificate they wouldnt allow me to renew my license. After jumping through hoops, paying a relative and waiting a week on Wisconsin I was finally able to renew my license. It wasnt cheap either. I think between my 2 year tag renewal and license it was $200+

What pisses me off the most is the fact that I am an 8 year Army vetran and I was basically told they could not verify I was who I said I was with out a mere certificate. What a crock of $%^&

I have always renewed online no issues.

FU Tuning

Friday, December 31, 2010 6:45 PM
All the B.S. started this last year, with a bunch of ridiculous inane laws that are supposed to protect us from terrorist. All it did is make the state more money and make it a PITA to register a vehicle/vessel. Wonderful politicians at work for ya!

Sunday, January 02, 2011 5:20 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:Looks like $225

that reminds me.. I registered Gert back in August and it cost me $219. and that was just transferring the tag from the Pearl over.. I dread having to get a new tag when they both get put on the road simultaneously. and renewing your license online is a much better idea than doing it at the office. the only reason I went back in November is cause I was getting on a plane and didn't wanna risk them not boarding me in the event that my license didn't get to me in time. FL does suck for this..

Sunday, January 02, 2011 9:58 PM
I cant believe im actually taking out a small loan to register my car, wow!

Monday, January 03, 2011 8:45 AM
its effin rediculous, I know. what's even weirder.. Gert is more expensive to insure than the Pearl. go figure that one

Monday, January 03, 2011 9:10 AM
i heard it cheaper to put a stupid price paid like $50 instead of donation/gift

Monday, January 03, 2011 3:36 PM
Evan Undead (Team Cybergeist) wrote:
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:Looks like $225

that reminds me.. I registered Gert back in August and it cost me $219. and that was just transferring the tag from the Pearl over.. I dread having to get a new tag when they both get put on the road simultaneously. .

I'll pitch what i can to get Gerty's tags, don't worry (wants her WITCH tag)....i'm dreading getting a FL licence.....gah...

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Monday, January 03, 2011 3:37 PM
yea, cause they tax hard on gifting

Monday, January 03, 2011 9:21 PM
So I went in today $187 woot woot

they said it shows in their system that ive owned the car and registered it before so they gave me a credit

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 9:52 AM
oh wow, that's awesome. I hope they do the same for me

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:29 PM
It went up and was suppose to come back down in price. A friend of mine had to find a marraige certificate birth certificate etc.. took her a while to track down her birth certificate because she is over 50 and out of state.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Friday, January 21, 2011 8:31 PM
the birth certificate crap has to do with the new homeland security real id program but far as i know you get one renewel online where you can bypass this.....idea is anything not up to par with the real id mandates could be faked and there fore have a compromised origin so once you get that bull crap straightend out your on par with the dhs ID mandates

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search