2014 SEGME planning thread. - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2014 SEGME planning thread.
Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:57 PM
Lets all get together and discuss plans for 2014's SouthEast GM tuners MEet.

This year we had it in Gadsden, Al.
We had roughly 21 Cars over the weekend meet, some showed up during certain activities.
This was the complete crowd that was there all weekend.

There was one more there Friday night and Saturday, but due to allergies he had to head home after Cars and Coffee Saturday.

We've discussed changing the location to allow more people to come, as alot of the people who said they were coming had issues come up at the last minute.

One state brought up by a few people was Ohio.
Do you guys and ladies have any suggestions?

How far would you be willing to drive to a meet?

Building it one piece at a time

Re: 2014 SEGME planning thread.
Sunday, April 14, 2013 2:43 PM
I vote my house.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 3:20 PM
I sure as hell ain't driving to Ohio for a Southeast meet lol. I say we keep it around the Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, even Florida area. I don't mind a road trip, but a Southeast meet should be in the Southeast! If we are going to go that far north, might as well wait until June and head to Carlisle, Pa and do the GM Nationals where the turnout would be massive.
Sunday, April 14, 2013 5:06 PM
Yeah southeast meet in ohio?

FU Tuning

Sunday, April 14, 2013 5:58 PM
ah ohio, like old school j bash....
Monday, April 15, 2013 11:09 AM
Well there is a TON of stuff to do in/around Gatlinburg, TN, not sure on if there is a track near by or not.
They hold Rod Run there twice a year once in the spring and once in the fall.
They average hundreds of cars(mostly classics, but the "tuner scene" are starting to grow there).

Looking at a map, the most centralized state would be Mississippi.

Monday, April 15, 2013 12:48 PM
I would say Georgia would be the most central to the Southeast.

For that matter where we had it would be more central when you include Texas in the mix.

A big difference in what is more central and moving the event around.

FU Tuning

Monday, April 15, 2013 2:16 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how you guys are including states as far west as Texas in something youre calling a southeast meet, and now even mentioning a state as far north as Ohio. Nothing against anyone from those states, but if you want something central for a southeast meet I'd stick to Alabama/Georgia.

Monday, April 15, 2013 3:25 PM
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how you guys are including states as far west as Texas in something youre calling a southeast meet, and now even mentioning a state as far north as Ohio. Nothing against anyone from those states, but if you want something central for a southeast meet I'd stick to Alabama/Georgia.

We included Texas because they ask to be. It showed promise to make the meet bigger.

Texas did have the biggest group of cars from one state.

Talking Ohio is just plan getting out of hand.

FU Tuning

Monday, April 15, 2013 8:55 PM
Ohio does not recognize Texas CHL ... no one from here will go there.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:10 AM
Like I said I have nothing against the Texas guys, but moving the meet any further than Alabama would make it less inviting for SE folks.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:15 AM
^^^This SEGME should be no north of Tennessee, no more south than Georgia or Alabama. East...I would say Georgia, and west Mississippi.

I have been REALLY kicking around another Bash in Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky...obviously I kinda want Ohio. lol

Scott, what does CHL stand for?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:16 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:27 AM
My vote would be Tennessee but that's just me..
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:35 PM
i would drive to ohio again. that was alot of fun. must demand a fire pit in the parking lot!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:48 AM
Mike, put together a J bash here in Ohio. kthanksbye

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:48 PM
This year's location I didn't mind (distance/travel time/landscape), just if we could maybe find a place with smoother roads... that would be awesome!
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:54 PM
I'm game for about anything. I like seeing new places and running at new tracks. I just think the Southeast meet should be in the Southeast lol.
Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:27 AM
So, I think we have decided that Ohio is out for the southeast.

As it has already been stated, Texas was included in the 2013 Southeast meet because they wanted to be and they made the drive. Its not like we were gonna tell them not to come because they were from Texas.

Personally I think the Alabama/Georgia area is a great middle location to have a meet up.

Friday, April 19, 2013 4:02 AM
Well the original location we started to evolve around WAS Georgia, than the Texan's asked if we could move it closer to them and we did and eventually ended up in Gadsden, AL
I'm all for GA or TN.

Saturday, April 20, 2013 6:52 PM
I'd say GA or AL...no farther north than TN...it IS SEGME after all....

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Sunday, April 21, 2013 11:06 AM
Somewhere around Birmingham, I'd be willing to drive that and I'm sure there's a decent track somewhere with Tuscaloosa so close. I think a large city would give the meet more credibility than Gadsden lol. I didn't come this year because I was sure the turnout would be low and the planning was horrendous

Hell, somewhere around Atlanta would work just as well.

Pick a place and put some decent thought into it is all I'm really saying.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 12:51 PM
Cruisin4DrCav wrote:Somewhere around Birmingham, I'd be willing to drive that and I'm sure there's a decent track somewhere with Tuscaloosa so close. I think a large city would give the meet more credibility than Gadsden lol. I didn't come this year because I was sure the turnout would be low and the planning was horrendous

Hell, somewhere around Atlanta would work just as well.

Pick a place and put some decent thought into it is all I'm really saying.

That would be where had the event at. We were a hour north of Birmingham. We actually drove into Birmingham for Cars and Coffee, which worked out well for our poker run.

Atlanta does have a 1/4 mile track, but dealing with traffic in Atlanta just sucks.

FU Tuning

Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:10 PM
I know where it was lol. You missed my point of a larger name city for more credibility

Sunday, April 21, 2013 6:04 PM
I would drive to Birmingham. I've got family there. My car sucks but that doesn't matter, I'd love to see the action.
Monday, April 22, 2013 7:08 PM
It should be more central so there will be more cars like around Mississippi or Louisiana.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search