virginia beach,chesapeake area - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
virginia beach,chesapeake area
Monday, July 26, 2010 5:24 PM
Hey I live in chesapeake virginia and i recently got a 1997 chevy rs. Id like to meet some people who drive cavaliers that could maybe put me along the right path of building this car, engine swapping it out, or just talking about cavaliers in general. So if you live close to this area or live in this area and would like to make a new friend, let me know ^.^

Re: virginia beach,chesapeake area
Monday, July 26, 2010 5:49 PM
whats up... i'm in Suffolk VA... but im from va beach and work in chesapeake...

you should put your car info in your profile!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 26, 2010 5:50 PM

Monday, July 26, 2010 7:22 PM
Yea i really should, but to be honest i dont know much about it. All it is , is the 1997 chevy rs 5speed, inline 4 , that someone put a k and n ram air on it, 17inch rims, crappy sound system, and a body kit that has seen better days. Aftermarket shocks but i dont know what type are on there. All my friends say it needs to be lowered though. ill have to upload a pic once i find my camera usb cord.
Monday, July 26, 2010 7:30 PM
yes lower is gonna be a mandatory... if your tires arent the same diameter as the stockers, (which usually arent on 17s) you'll look at lot higher than you are.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:06 PM
Alright i got some pictures up of what it looks like.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 1:39 PM
post em up!!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:39 PM
Welcome to the family. I live in Hampton, but work at Greenbrier. Feel free to pm me with any car questions.

Rick

Sig'less since '02!
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:42 PM
^^^ what part of greenbrier... my work is in greenbrier too (Priority Hyundai)

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:43 PM
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/TheRedSaiyan/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Picture/Picture%20001.gif.jpg

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/TheRedSaiyan/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Picture/Picture%20002.jpg.jpg

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/TheRedSaiyan/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Picture/Picture%20003.jpg.jpg
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:48 PM
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/TheRedSaiyan/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Picture/Picture%20001.img

test
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:51 PM
heh fail , i havent ever really attached pics like this before so i dont know exaclty how to do it, feel free to explain to me if you want =P.
They are in my profile though if you just wanna go there and see them.

Hello rick.
We all should meet somewhere in chesapeake like greenbrier mall or something i live out in hickory myself.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 5:01 PM
i dont see em in your profile... you have to associate them with a car...

or you can upload them to an image site and link from there... you cannot upload attachments here on j-body.org unless you are premium

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 7:28 PM
hey guys i c we have a little intrest in local meet ups...My & Kyle were in a car club together a few years bak & actually had pretty gud numbers a few years bak but alot of ppl lost intrest in their cars or lost them all together...like me. Anyway me & Kyle today discussed a reactivation of the club so hey guys if you are all intrested in meetups or bN part of the club then stay tuned & let us kno that the intrest is there...

On a more unrelated note Kyle & myself are probably 2 of the most knowledgeble J-body owners in the local areas. I know he has a huge knowledge base of the 2.4/2.3L Quad motor or simply stated the Z24. My area of expertise is the L61 2.2L Ecotec. If you have any questions let us kno we can probably help you & if we dont know we probably know sumbody who does kno...

Anyway guys you can either post here or in the GM-Revolution thread to get wit us

It beats a Honda!
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 7:42 PM
Their is also a third guy... he comes on here on occasion... his name is will... and has the same experience with the LN2 2200 OHV, 2.2 OHV motor... he also used to run GM Rev...

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:19 PM
Ok sorry i didn't realize i had 2 check the box . I did that now so you should be able to view my pictures now. And yes a big meet up would be nice o.O. Joining a club, sounds fun and something 2 do. We should all set a date and time to meet somewhere. I am still for greenbrier mall, if everyone is cool with that?
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:59 PM
nice

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 8:43 AM
Stikman29 wrote:hey guys i c we have a little intrest in local meet ups...My & Kyle were in a car club together a few years bak & actually had pretty gud numbers a few years bak but alot of ppl lost intrest in their cars or lost them all together...like me. Anyway me & Kyle today discussed a reactivation of the club so hey guys if you are all intrested in meetups or bN part of the club then stay tuned & let us kno that the intrest is there...

On a more unrelated note Kyle & myself are probably 2 of the most knowledgeble J-body owners in the local areas. I know he has a huge knowledge base of the 2.4/2.3L Quad motor or simply stated the Z24. My area of expertise is the L61 2.2L Ecotec. If you have any questions let us kno we can probably help you & if we dont know we probably know sumbody who does kno...

Anyway guys you can either post here or in the GM-Revolution thread to get wit us

Is there a local guy with v6 swap info?

Sig'less since '02!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:02 AM
not as far as i know... but i have a guy that can do it.... i'd just have to give him all the online research to work from

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:11 AM
Interesting. I would really like to handle wiring myself, but installing the engine and leveling it, that would really get me excited. Would he have the expertise to weld in a frame for a 3800? Too cool.

Sig'less since '02!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:46 AM
This could all be topics we could be talking about if we all met up , cough cough.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:25 PM
I'd be up for an after work thing during the week. I'm old and probably can't hang with you guys.

Sig'less since '02!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 1:29 PM
Hush ... Your 6 years older than me

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:38 PM
Guys check the GMR thread i have posted an update there.

It beats a Honda!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:24 PM
lets move this to the GMR thread... maybe we can drum up attention of some of the old members... and get a bigger meet going on...

Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:43 AM
Well im all for going still but i wont be able to go in my 5speed, i will have to take my auto . My friend wanted to take a night on the town , and a guy in a jeep failed to yield when he was turning and i was going straight. It happened about 3am...Saddest part is i know the guy and we use to work together T.T. I almost missed him completly because i was only doing 35 but the back end of his jeep caught my front right side =(. I got a big dent in the side front, and it owned the rim and ripped the tire.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search