feeler / question.. Yes I can't believe it either... - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
feeler / question.. Yes I can't believe it either...
Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:49 PM
So NEVER have I thought I would think about selling the Sunfire, but after purchasing the G8 GXP i'm not so sure the fire will really ever see the love it deserves.

I broke the cardinal rule and bought a DD that is way more fun than the toy.

If the right person came along, and offered the right amount of money, I would seriously consider selling it.

More of just thinking out loud here, looking for opinions and advice from some of my friends and peers Ive known over the years here.

First, what do you guys think I could get out of this thing?

03 fire, <36k
5spd
supercharged
new powerslots and ebc pads
koni reds and goldlines
tenzo seats
19 axis wheels
shaved etc..

needs a little TLC but nothing major

My options are (keep in mind at this point I don't NEED money, just looking at options) The car is paid off, my bills are paid, and this thing cost me nothing to keep around.

-Wait it out a bit, wait till the charm of the new car wears off and see if the love is restored.

-Keep it, rebuild it over time (who cares how long it takes)

-Sell it, and use the money to buy a fair weather driver ( mod the GXP as time goes on)

Next two options would be a little more long term (read after my wedding..)

-Wait a while, buy a fair weather driver (without selling the fire), and if i still want to sell the fire, do so to buy Mods for the GXP

-Wait a while, keep the GXP as a DD and sell the fire and buy a equally as fun toy (c5 vette or 1st gen cts-v)

at this point I drove the fire the other day, and I was less than happy to do so. I don't want to just have a fancy garage accessory, but at the same time I don't want to regret selling it if I do.

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879

Re: feeler / question.. Yes I can't believe it either...
Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:58 PM
sunfires make great paperweights for the garage. id say wait it out, figure out if you want to keep the g8 as a daily or mod the hell out of it. then when you decide to sell the fire you have allot of cash in hand to do what you want. course if someone just happens to offer you the right amount sell that bish.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:01 PM
Keep it around and wait to see if the charm of the new car wears off. The newest thing is always the most exciting but overtime the luster wears off and youll come back around to the Fire.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:20 PM
trade me my car for that one and then you'll have a daily and can mod the f out of the G8!!! ... and you'd still have a sunfire to turn into yet another masterpiece if you so feel the urge to

Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:34 PM
Sell me your auto x lip kit and then keep it the car
Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:35 PM
saw this car a few weeks back its very cleen i really wish i had some free $ to buy it

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Friday, July 30, 2010 5:58 AM
I have no doubt in my mind that you could easily sell this car on here.

However, im sure you would miss it once its gone. who wouldnt though, its a beautiful car.

Friday, July 30, 2010 9:08 AM
I got rid of my first cavalier for a Jeep. I could drive over anything and tow my boat! I got pulled back in because I missed my old one so bad. You will regret selling it, but do what is right for you. Congrats on the new G*

Sig'less since '02!
Friday, July 30, 2010 11:39 AM
I say you should keep it Andy, The Fire is very sexy. In the end its up to you. Good luck with the new G8

JBO Member since 2006.
Saturday, July 31, 2010 2:26 PM
Love the paint job, 2nd favorite Sunfire first being sndsgood's sweet flame job.

Saturday, July 31, 2010 4:32 PM
with such a beautiful car and an equally sexy machine to play with(g8 gxp), its a hard one. i say dd the sunfire in the warm/nice months and get a beater for winter.

Sunday, August 01, 2010 9:37 AM
After a trip to the dragstrip to watch races last night, I think I have a renewed intrest in the fire..

Might look into getting a cage built and turning it into a track car, no reason why not to at this point.

Sunday, August 01, 2010 9:44 AM
ExESIVEFIRE wrote:After a trip to the dragstrip to watch races last night, I think I have a renewed intrest in the fire..

Might look into getting a cage built and turning it into a track car, no reason why not to at this point.

WIN!!!!

Sunday, August 01, 2010 9:46 AM
Wheels and suspension will probably get sold, and I will have to see if someone wants to trade doors..

still in early planning stages, but I think this is where Ill go.

Sunday, August 01, 2010 11:17 AM
Cough... rwd.... haha you know we talked about it. Built motor, nasty snail on it gotta go 11.49 or faster to need a cage. Get it done.

Sunday, August 01, 2010 3:46 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Cough... rwd.... haha you know we talked about it. Built motor, nasty snail on it gotta go 11.49 or faster to need a cage. Get it done.

the RWD is such a pipe dream though.

The cage idea I am serious about though, power isnt there now, but id rather put the money into it being safe first, then fast. that way I don't run out of money the other way around.

Anyone in the area wanting a set of shaved doors, Id be willing to trade for a set of stockers with handles (I prefer sunfire with the door panels obviously) my doors dont have rust, so neither could yours.

Might be persuaded to sell my wheels if someone had cash

Sunday, August 01, 2010 11:57 PM
Please keep this is one of my fav sunfires ever

13.1 @ 115
Tuesday, August 03, 2010 6:33 PM
car is staying, wheels are going.

ad in classifieds now

Thursday, August 05, 2010 11:24 AM
Good choice!!

I thought about selling mine, and it is nowhere near as clean as yours, at the point it was/is at... so instead I stuck it in my dad's barn for almost 2 years and allowed myself to forget about it... the new car infatuation wore off quick with my SS and I kept thinking about the J, so I pulled it out of the barn & brought it home, brought the SS back to stock - sold it, and I now DD my Cavy and plan to revive the vision I had for it Glad it's the choice I made.

Sounds like going down a new route with your J will certainly revive your interest in it and make it worth keeping around.

Thursday, August 05, 2010 8:31 PM
Your for sale feeler got WAY more attention than mine lol Glad your keeping it

Thursday, August 05, 2010 8:33 PM
yeah, I took it for a drive today, renewed the love a bit I think.

Just gotta unload these wheels now, maybe find a set of doors to trade

Monday, August 09, 2010 1:48 PM
still thinking about getting rid of the suspension?

Monday, August 09, 2010 1:54 PM
This might be a dumb question but do you do anything out of the ordinary to clean the exterior?

Pontiac Fiero powered by L61/LE5 Ecotec "Innovation is a new level of performance"
Monday, August 09, 2010 3:53 PM
Corey Piper wrote:still thinking about getting rid of the suspension?

Yes, once I get the funds to purchase a coil over setup

DICE PD aka ecotecfiero wrote:This might be a dumb question but do you do anything out of the ordinary to clean the exterior?

Just soap and water... It is a bitch and shows everything though..

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 11:39 AM
Consider selling the spoiler?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search