trade turbo setup for supercharger setup?? - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
trade turbo setup for supercharger setup??
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:29 PM
just wondering if anyone would be interested in swapping a complete supercharger setup for a complete turbo setup. the setup i have is bolt on and go in excellent condition so i would expect the same for trade. i'm only giving it an option for 1 week. because by that time my engine will be going back in to the car and i will not be tearing it all apart for a trade. if i don't answer here promptly please email me at freindlyone99@yahoo.com that email is connected to my phone and i check it constently. thanks jason

Re: trade turbo setup for supercharger setup??
Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:49 PM
last call.

Saturday, September 18, 2010 8:04 PM
Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:11 PM
emailed you back. ever more ironic you have my old wheels. lol

Sunday, September 19, 2010 8:37 PM
Saab turbo?

Sunday, September 19, 2010 8:42 PM
Yes for an ecotec.

Monday, September 20, 2010 8:40 PM
Straight up trade? Which turbo is it? IDK if it would be worth putting on my balt...

Monday, September 20, 2010 8:56 PM
yeah i was looking for a straight trade. i'm not sure the exact model. i do know its off an 03 being it has the round 3 bolt flange. honestly i'm not sure if it would help your balt. from my understanding with the ss balts and the engine being destroked, i feel that this turbo might be to small with what your balt is capable of producing. my understanding tho is this setup is just as capable as a charger on the 2.2 eco. i just hate for you to trade and be having to upgrade right away with the capabilities of the 2.0. up to you tho, i am just about to put it all back together. thanks.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 1:34 AM
Yeah I may just throw a gt35r on it lol.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:55 AM
wouldn't be right if you guys didn't, lol like i said i would just hate to see the waste of potential.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:09 PM
Why would you wanna go from turbo to a supercharger? Just curious because most people would do it the other way around....

peformance parts for sale!! Click:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/62265/

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 1:13 PM
more of a reliable power, cheaper upgrades, cheaper parts. for instance. seen pullies as low as $40, to make more boost. only way to upgrade my turbo is a larger one. which for me would be a new manifold (starting at $100) then a new turbo(atleast $200). then after i do that i would probably need to upgrade my innercooler depending how big i go on the turbo. and if i go too much bigger on the turbo i would be looking at having to go with larger diameter pipe. so yeah that why i was thinking of swaping.

fortunatly i'm doing some trolling on the saab forums to see how big of a smaller turbo i can go before i get into all that bs. please remember i am not looking to make a race car or mad power, just around 250hp out of the car. its just a nice clean summer sedan with a little power for fun,

Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:06 PM
^^^Makes perfect sense, this is the same reason why im staying supercharged until i don't dd the cavy anymore , then i will probably switch to t3/t4 turbo set-up with bigger injecotrs and all the good stuff.

As far as i know the h.o. saab turbo kit is just as efficient as the m62 sc kit if not more, and it can be reliable too if installed and tuned correctly. Well its not like i run a saab kit lol but my sc has been very reliable to date, i don't see why factory installed turbo system wouldn't be reliable...anyhow good luck and let me know how it turns out !!

peformance parts for sale!! Click:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/62265/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search