WTB: Leather Wrapped Auto Shift Knob - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WTB: Leather Wrapped Auto Shift Knob
Thursday, January 27, 2011 4:21 PM
As the topic states, I am looking for a shift knob for an automatic that is leather wrapped to get rid of the dildo style plastic shift knob with the button on top for my 01 Z24. Also would be nice to have the factory auto shift boot for asthetics if possible that comes on the sunfire GT, but that isnt as important.

Either 00-02 Sunfire GT or 03+ LS Sports had these and maybe a leather wrapped knob from another GM car, but not sure which ones look best, I could go to the yard, but if I can find one cheap enough here I dont really wanna dig around when its 30 degrees outside.

Thanks

Re: WTB: Leather Wrapped Auto Shift Knob
Thursday, January 27, 2011 4:32 PM
look into a blazer shift knob.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:16 PM
sunfire gt has a nice leather wrapped knob with the button on the front facing the radio.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:36 PM
Yeah, the 03 LSS leather one is my first choice, the Sunfire GT is my second choice.. I was looking at Blazer and Camaro and other ones as well, but wanted to make sure they went on the same way. I found this pic on the org not too long and saved it, I hope the owner of the pic doesnt mind if I use it.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 9:00 PM
grand prix's

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Friday, January 28, 2011 7:09 AM
im using a blazers shift knob.

Friday, January 28, 2011 9:59 AM
90% of auto knobs work the same way IIRC. Theyre cheap anyways. If it doesnt work youre out like 10 bucks.

Saturday, January 29, 2011 2:10 PM
buy a brand new one from gm... its only like $107 bucks.

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Saturday, January 29, 2011 2:46 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:90% of auto knobs work the same way IIRC.

Yep all the ones I've had had that C clip. Malibu, Camaro, Firebird, Aztek, etc.

Saturday, January 29, 2011 6:04 PM
Awesome, I might go to the yard and take a look at what I can find from other cars that fit, and grab a few nice ones that look brand new for just a few bucks each.

Thanks for the ideas!

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 2:41 PM
have ya thought about using a G6 shift nob it works too i have it on my 95 sunfire

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 5:45 PM
Oldsmobile intrigue!

Sig'less since '02!
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 6:07 PM
Yaeh, I have been looking at both of those and I really like the 2008ish Saab 93's shift knob.. It has a black bottom with a silver top and it seemed nice online, but I will have to find it in the yard. I have looked at a lot, as long as all the GMs do use that little c-clip and the same diameter shifter, it should be fine, if not I can rig it up to work if its close. I want to grab several. Maybe I will sell the rest of them on here if any one else wants to do it that hasnt done it already.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 10:07 PM
Karnage wrote:Yaeh, I have been looking at both of those and I really like the 2008ish Saab 93's shift knob.. It has a black bottom with a silver top and it seemed nice online, but I will have to find it in the yard. I have looked at a lot, as long as all the GMs do use that little c-clip and the same diameter shifter, it should be fine, if not I can rig it up to work if its close. I want to grab several. Maybe I will sell the rest of them on here if any one else wants to do it that hasnt done it already.

lmk. i can check the indy pic a part. i have an extra non-leather grand prix shift knob. g/f's grand am knob was broken so i found 2 grand prix's. they are so nice.

Thursday, February 03, 2011 2:42 PM
Chris how much? I haven't had a @!#$ knob on my car for about a year now because my stock one broke lol

13.1 @ 115
Thursday, February 03, 2011 5:03 PM
I didnt see this post lol. I havent been to the yard and looked yet, But Paul has a non leather 03 Cavalier knob that I can have, but i'm looking for leather, I will just have to make it to pick-a-part sometime, maybe when Paul gets back Paul, Ben, and I can all go find a few different things. Just waiting for this Ice to melt ! I appreciate the offer though

Thursday, February 03, 2011 9:35 PM
DJ MIKE BARR wrote:Chris how much? I haven't had a @!#$ knob on my car for about a year now because my stock one broke lol

bfc blue monster and it's yours

Friday, February 04, 2011 1:12 PM
02 LS Sport has Leather also

Monday, February 07, 2011 12:01 AM
Karnage wrote:Yaeh, I have been looking at both of those and I really like the 2008ish Saab 93's shift knob.. It has a black bottom with a silver top and it seemed nice online, but I will have to find it in the yard. I have looked at a lot, as long as all the GMs do use that little c-clip and the same diameter shifter, it should be fine, if not I can rig it up to work if its close. I want to grab several. Maybe I will sell the rest of them on here if any one else wants to do it that hasnt done it already.

I'm fairly certain the Saab one you are talking about is the same knob for the Cobalt. I say this because i put leather everything in my Cobalt and when i bought the leather knob brand new from CrateEngineDepot the slip with direction to install the part said it was for a Saab...can't remember which one. But it's really nice.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search