got the new DD home! and some progress too! - Page 7 - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: got the new DD home! and some progress too!
Saturday, April 26, 2008 7:55 PM
Man, I love this car

Sunday, April 27, 2008 10:44 AM
you should trade me your IF sides for these razzi sides these razzi sides would go so much better with the avenger front

sal: thanks

Sunday, April 27, 2008 4:09 PM
i'll pass on that trade. i like IF alot more. and only other sides i thought about was those BC2 sides. but there fiberglass and i'm not a fan of glass. like i said i have some z sides if you want them.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 7:07 PM
once i get a buck or two, that might be a possibility. although for now, ill have to pass. broke = sucky

Saturday, May 03, 2008 4:13 AM
not that anyone really cares, but heres another update.

i swapped the engine wiring harness from a 97z into the car. since the 96 2.4 has a bastard ecu with a 3 plug harness, i had to swap out that too. overall, it took me a good 6-7 hours. but now the throttle problems are FIXED and she runs like a top! i am sooooo unbelievably happy about it too

now ive still got some stuff to do to the car to get it in good, long term DD-able condition. well nothing major or mechanical anyway....just small nuances that eventually need attention. this would include small things such as:

* the plastic pieces that go under the dash and in front of the console,
* 00 fender liners (just the front parts),
* a new carpet would be nice,
* gotta fix the DS door leak (but ive already got a step by step for that)
* a new top at some point down the line, although the one ive got now is ok
* new top seals, although luckily mine arent leaking yet
* a CD player (preferably stock)
* paint, obviously
* fix the heater fan (only works on 1&4)
* other misc small things

Saturday, May 03, 2008 9:04 AM
heater fan is fixed by the blower resistor...which SUCKS to replace...hence I haven't changed it yet. Only like a 25 dollar part

Saturday, May 03, 2008 9:12 AM
Good deal bro!!
Glad to see the throttle issue is fixed, but no more cam lol

If i ever get any money and parts, i'll come on down and we can have some fun

Saturday, May 03, 2008 11:53 AM
ben i just replaced my blower...

get the resistor from the dealer, then use a 1/4 drive wobble and you can get the blower out in about 15 minutes... you may want to pull the pass seat out to give you more room... once the fan is out you'll see the resistor back there

Saturday, May 03, 2008 2:26 PM
good now you go for a nice cruise. i still want more updates paint ones would be nice.

Saturday, May 03, 2008 4:08 PM
jr: im working on paint

kyle: ive had the blower out of my 99 POS DD so i know how to do it. but i dont have the $ for a part. i may just rape the red z for it though.

Saturday, May 03, 2008 5:48 PM
is this the piece in front of the center console you need?

Saturday, May 03, 2008 9:52 PM
yep that looks like the one

Sunday, May 04, 2008 12:27 AM
(tabs) wrote:jr: im working on paint

kyle: ive had the blower out of my 99 POS DD so i know how to do it. but i dont have the $ for a part. i may just rape the red z for it though.

you may not want to... the replacement resistor is a better quality piece... then again $$$ does matter... on the other hand... when do you really need 2 + 3?

Sunday, May 04, 2008 12:35 AM
im sure i wont need 2 or 3 often, but i want this DD to be in as good of shape as possible. and like i said, the z isnt doing much right now, so theres not too much of a reason not to pilfer her for parts. esp since i wont really be needing something like a blower on it once she finally realizes her full potential.

Friday, June 06, 2008 5:25 PM
not sure if anyone reads this or cares, but if anyone is, give a few opinions: like the green or not?

the only reason this is an option, is because my buddy with the mustang ordered the wrong color of vinyl dye for his seats. he wanted a bright turquoise aqua but ordered dark metallic green (because he thought it would be close enough ) so ive got two extra cans of dye here and i figured i might as well see what it looked like.

so i dyed an extra glove box and i dunno....i think it looks alright. the plan for the interior is to go with subtle colors, with most of it being black. instead of the dreaded (and ugly as hell) tan, and i thought another shade of green might compliment the exterior. so the bottom of the dash and bottom of the door panels would be this green and the rest would be black. yea or nay?

Friday, June 06, 2008 5:48 PM
nay from me...sorry

Friday, June 06, 2008 5:56 PM
nay for me also, that would be to much green for me, color is to far off and doesn't match anything.

Friday, June 06, 2008 6:07 PM
i guess i should have mentioned......i was looking at having some sort of ghost graphics on the outside in a dark green like that. not sure what exactly yet, but the idea was to have it a few shades darker so that it stands out, but not enough so that it was too obvious.

Friday, June 06, 2008 6:17 PM
(tabs) wrote:i guess i should have mentioned......i was looking at having some sort of ghost graphics on the outside in a dark green like that. not sure what exactly yet, but the idea was to have it a few shades darker so that it stands out, but not enough so that it was too obvious.

and i will come down and smack the crap out of you and i bet dtp will right behind me. the car looks beautiful one color don't add any flames. keep it clean and simple.

Friday, June 06, 2008 6:23 PM
not flames.....graphics. some design that will be like ghost flames so they arent very noticeable

Friday, June 06, 2008 6:26 PM
sunfire..? lol

Friday, June 06, 2008 6:43 PM
^^^ i'm not a fan of sunfire dashes so that would also be a nah. i'd look into a 00+ interior, maybe sunfire doors panels and seats that had the multicolor inserts.

Friday, June 06, 2008 6:45 PM
not planning on doing a fire or 00+ interior. keeping it how it is, just doin little things to make it a little nicer.

Friday, June 06, 2008 6:50 PM
J.R.Thompson wrote:
(tabs) wrote:i guess i should have mentioned......i was looking at having some sort of ghost graphics on the outside in a dark green like that. not sure what exactly yet, but the idea was to have it a few shades darker so that it stands out, but not enough so that it was too obvious.

and i will come down and smack the crap out of you and i bet dtp will right behind me. the car looks beautiful one color don't add any flames. keep it clean and simple.

don't think for a minute that i won't be in line too

Friday, June 06, 2008 7:02 PM
(tabs) wrote:not planning on doing a fire or 00+ interior. keeping it how it is, just doin little things to make it a little nicer.

yes you are you just don't relize it yet. i think repacing would be better and last longer than paint or dye.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search