FS: 2003 LSS Turbo Sedan - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FS: 2003 LSS Turbo Sedan
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:15 PM
Well time has come, and I'm 99.9% sure I want to sell the Sedan...
I just replaced a ton of parts since building it up this winter. ASK ME QUESTIONS!
2003 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Sedan with Saab Turbo Setup
~67,000 Miles
~42,000 Miles on Transmission
~ Brakes are fairly new on front, maybe 6,000-10,000 Miles on them
~ New Battery this month
-5 Speed Manual w/ B&M Trick Shift Synthetic Fluid
- B&M Short Throw Shifter
- ACT 6 Puck Clutch
- New Slave Cylinder
- New Pressure Plate
- ARP Flywheel Bolts
- Flywheel resurfaced
- Polyurethane Transmission Mounts
- RK Sport Upper Mount
- Polyurethane Lower Mount
- Polyurethane Control Arm Bushings
- Polyurethane Sway Bar End links
- New Ball Joints
- Lowered on Eibach Sportlines
- Rear Sway Bar
- New O2 Sensor
- Generic 2" In/Out Intercooler
- 2" Charge Pipe
- Saab throttle body to intake rubber elbow
- Mopar SRT-4 BOV
- Saab Injectors
- Cobalt SS TMAP w/ Pigtail
- GM Reflash ECU
- 3 Gauge A-Pillar Pod
- Autometer Carbon Fiber Voltage Gauge
- Autometer Carbon Fiber Oil Pressure Gauge (Not hooked up, I do have sending unit and thread adapter needed)
- Autometer Carbon Fiber Boost Gauge
Wheels/Tires:
- I will include the Motegi DP6 17" Rims with sale if the price is right, need new tires
- Car will go on Stock LSS 16" Chrome wheels, General Exclaim UHP's on them right now, probably should be replaced
Interior:
- Panasonic 7" Touchscreen DVD/MP3/CD Player
- Pioneer Speakers all around
- Pioneer 760w Amp
- Pioneer 10" Sub in Q-Logic Box
Problems/Minor Issues:
Exhaust is an open Downpipe as of now, I have a flexpipe and a 30" Glasspack that I will sell with the car, but you will need to finish the exhaust
The drop is on Koni Reds in the Rear, but stockers in the front, could be replaced all around, but car handles fine for my taste, rode on it for one summer and never had a problem

Last I had the car out, I was getting about 30mpg when staying out of the throttle, but it does like fuel when you get into the boost.

If I forgot anything I'll add it as I remember...
The Car KBB's at $5,700 stock in Good Condition. I want to see at least $6,000, but shoot me offers on it.
PM or Email me for pictures
andywmu@gmail.com

Re: FS: 2003 LSS Turbo Sedan
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:11 PM
Forgot to add, I do have a like new (maybe 10,000 miles on it) 2.5" Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler I will sell with the car

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 1:30 PM
Throw me some offers people

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 2:34 PM
So your up 1500 from last time with what looks like only maintenance parts added? GLWS.

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 2:55 PM
neubreed wrote:So your up 1500 from last time with what looks like only maintenance parts added? GLWS.

Is the car put back together? Was everything installed professionally? How reliable is said vehicle going to be?

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Wednesday, April 06, 2011 3:33 PM
I'm up because I last posted the car it wasn't running and had a broken transmission. Honestly, a non running car isn't going to take any dollar figure.
So now repaired and running just as it did before, yes the value of the car is higher. I'm just going by the books, not trying to rip someone off or trying to rip myself off. If you don't like it then leave it.
And to add, I put send me offers for a reason.

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 4:07 PM
Just asking since I tried back in the fall/winter to buy this car even when it was broke. I would be all overt this if I didn't already buy a new car, unless you want an 03 Mazda protege5. Best of luck.

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 4:29 PM
I really don't know what to expect moneywise out of the car thats why I am going by KBB. I need to pay back some loans and they are pushing me to sell the car...believe me I want to keep the car, but I'm in colllege, own 2 cars, and living on my own...kinda sucks.

Saturday, April 09, 2011 7:02 PM
wondering if you would maybe sell the dynomax muffler? shoot me a pm and let me know man.

Saturday, April 09, 2011 8:14 PM
I would, but shipping would make it not worth it for you...unless you are near me, but your registry says Kentucky...

Saturday, April 09, 2011 9:48 PM
neubreed wrote:Just asking since I tried back in the fall/winter to buy this car even when it was broke. I would be all overt this if I didn't already buy a new car, unless you want an 03 Mazda protege5. Best of luck.

This would be your best bet. Selling a modded is alot harder than a all factory car. The mazda probably books more to. They really seem to hold there value among buyers. And if u still have the loan against the car all you have to do is let the bank know what you are looking to do. Usually the charge a small fee to swap the clateral on the loan.

Just my 2¢ to help you out. Glws.

Saturday, April 09, 2011 11:00 PM
i feel ya there 54 new at the auto parts store so if you can do better then that id be down if not i understand thanks anyways and GLWS would make an nice car for someone

Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:01 AM
There's no loan on this car yet, that has been paid off for a while. I want to get rid of the car if the money is right, but if not then I'm keeping it, so pretty much looks like it is gonna stay.

As for the muffler, it would be nuts to ship making it not worth it.

Sunday, April 10, 2011 2:52 PM
Unfortunately I don't think you will get what you want out of it. 6k is asking alot for these cars, even modded and selling on a site such as this. I sold my cavalier for 1500, and it was boosted as well. Granted I needed money and I sold it to a good friend, but still not alot.

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:16 PM
In factory form my Mazda with 120,000 on it is kbb'd at 5500. I've been tossing around the idea of listing it but my luckthis car would be gone once I got mine sold. However I did get 4500 for my 04 1sv with 108,000 on it when I got in the accident. Sorry, not trying to thread jack, bump!

Monday, April 11, 2011 4:40 AM
Yup like I said, I'm keeping the car and working on it unless someone shows me the right money

Monday, April 11, 2011 3:07 PM
If you were serious about selling the car I think you need to re-evaluate this.

Car was purchased for 5k or less from Todd: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=89286&t=89286&p=1

You've had it about 2 years and put 20,000 miles on it.

For the most part you've replaced a trans that broke after you bought the car, completed some normal general maintenance items, upgraded the clutch and possibly some motor mounts. However the car has an open exhaust which needs to be replaced and you'll also "consider" letting it go with the aftermarket wheels that it came with to begin. The tires on the stock wheels you'd sell it with also need to be replaced..

Not trying to be a dick but you're right, you should probably just keep the car and enjoy it. It certainly hasn't appreciated in value since it was purchased and speaking from my own experience of trying to sell a heavily modified J-body, it's not an easy task as you've limited your market to a select few. With whatever you decide to do hope it works out.

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Monday, April 11, 2011 8:38 PM
Yes I know the obvious, I only posted 6,000, but send me offers I said.
I DID NOT SAY THAT WAS ASKING PRICE.
I posted the KBB just to get ideas, I remember Todd telling me I got away with a deal and yes I know I did. I highly doubt I will sell this car, but like I said only if the money is right.

OFFERS, not ASKING 6,000. Maybe if the market was right and timing was right the car would go for that much, but not in today's craptastic economy.

I'll probably keep it, but a project car is ALWAYS a money pit.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:51 AM
So is the car for sale or not?

I kid, I kid.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search