FS: Eco engine for sale - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FS: Eco engine for sale
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:59 PM
in '05 i bought an Ecotec to swap into my 2nd cavalier (which i no longer have). It has about 20k miles on it, I bought it from a friend who got in Portsmouth, OH. It ran when it came out of the car. It's been in storage since '05. Missing a Throttle body and the Intake manifold (how i got it).
Looking for $400, willing to drive an hour or so to meet someone.

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine

Re: FS: Eco engine for sale
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:56 PM
damn you with all your good deals!
if i could sell the cobalt, i would soooo eco swap my 2200 cav!
btw PM'd ya back on the wheels tho

Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:56 AM
LOL i just have crap i need to get rid of! lol
Thanks for the pm back, PM'd ya back.

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:28 PM
I might be interested. I blew the 2.4 in my vert. So I'm looking for a motor. Does it have the engine harness on it? Then it would be plug and play.

formally crip96cav.... dead.
but good news below...

Friday, April 29, 2011 6:03 AM
just the motor, that's all it is, the motor.
No harness, no Ecu, no PCM, no transmission. All it is, is the motor.

-Saint Augustine
Friday, April 29, 2011 7:36 AM
theres the downfall........... what happened to the the rest?

Friday, April 29, 2011 8:20 AM
I never had any of it. It was bought to replace a blown 2.4 in my 2000 convertible. Nothing ever came of it, the car was still in oregon and was scrapped last year. Hence my not needing the motor for anything now. I had planned just buying a totaled cav from the rear when i was planning the swap.

-Saint Augustine
Sunday, May 01, 2011 8:37 AM
Pics? Also, where are you located??

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Sunday, May 01, 2011 12:08 PM
jason norwood wrote:theres the downfall........... what happened to the the rest?

Uhhh? Not seeing the logic here.

Monday, May 02, 2011 2:54 PM
TheSundownFire wrote:
jason norwood wrote:theres the downfall........... what happened to the the rest?

Uhhh? Not seeing the logic here.

Brian it's obvious, motors are never sold w/o the rest of the car. /chortle

@David
I'll try to get the photo up that I have. It was in storage and packed tightly behind other things. At school and they block photobucket here, I'll try to get a picasa acct to post it on.

I'm in Cincinnati, OH 45230.

I might end up digging it out early when i have the opportunity to do so.

-Saint Augustine
Monday, May 02, 2011 4:09 PM
I know that this will drop right in on the 2000+ cavalier. But will the base 2.2 sfi harness and computer work on this engine without any service or check engine lights? Or world I need an ecotec harness and.pcm?

Monday, May 02, 2011 5:24 PM
I'm not sure about a '00, I know in a '99 you pretty much need a whole donor car lines, wires, everything. I know in a '00 it's much easier to do the swap.

-Saint Augustine
Monday, May 02, 2011 5:25 PM
ChevyBoi89 wrote:I know that this will drop right in on the 2000+ cavalier. But will the base 2.2 sfi harness and computer work on this engine without any service or check engine lights? Or world I need an ecotec harness and.pcm?

Go to third gen and search for the write-up.

Monday, May 02, 2011 5:49 PM
I have a pic of the motor, if you want to pm me your e-mail... if you want the pic tonight.

-Saint Augustine
Tuesday, May 03, 2011 5:26 AM

-Saint Augustine
Tuesday, May 03, 2011 5:54 AM
I have the money and the need...but alas..too damn far a drive.

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 10:36 AM
I'm sorry Air

-Saint Augustine
Friday, May 06, 2011 10:23 AM
Bumpity, bump bump for this thread.

willing to meet someone 1/2 way, up to me driving 2 hrs. $400, and it's yours. ^_^

-Saint Augustine
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:59 PM
I am trying to sell a set of 17" wheels for 400 also, if I can get them sold for what I am asking and you still have it I may meet up with you and take it. Trying to get everything in order for an Turbo Eco swap later this year and sell off the S/C 2.4 lol.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:32 PM
No problem man, just let me know how it Pans out for you. Good luck w/ the sale!! So this engine can have a good home and be used! lol

-Saint Augustine
Friday, May 20, 2011 11:17 PM
im buying a sedan with a bad motor maybe today. if i can put my 2200 motor into it, and sell that sedan, my coupe will need a motor, i will pm u after my driving class...so i can get my license back finally on this. but u would have to sell the sedan first, and if u have the wheels still, i would consider buying both in one trip. would just need to sell the sedan after i fix it really fast

Sunday, May 22, 2011 12:49 PM
Still have both, just chillin, waiting to be bought. Just let me know.

-Saint Augustine
Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:39 PM
do you still have this engine?

...you want a pic, then help me build something worth taking a pic of....
Sunday, September 25, 2011 12:43 AM
What exactly you looking for? I have a zero mile, motor/trans combo for $600 obo... zip code is 61021

Sunday, September 25, 2011 1:55 PM
Troll I'll give you 275 for it and I'll drive all the way to cinci

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search