no spoiler ??? y?? - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
no spoiler ??? y??
Friday, July 29, 2011 2:10 AM
ok so i have a 98 z24 that says it on the title an it has the z24 kit except for the spoiler? why doesn't it ? didn;t they all come with the spoiler?? thanks in advance

Re: no spoiler ??? y??
Friday, July 29, 2011 7:53 AM
original owner may have taken it off. possibly liked the wingless look
Friday, July 29, 2011 8:02 AM
if its a true VIN Z24 it would have had the spoiler.

might have been wrecked... or like justin said, prev. owner may have removed it.

Friday, July 29, 2011 8:05 AM
It also looks like it has a base rear bumper...

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Friday, July 29, 2011 9:20 AM
Fluffy wrote:It also looks like it has a base rear bumper...
ya it does the pics but in person u can much easier

Friday, July 29, 2011 9:21 AM
thanks and ya we checked vin an all an i never thought about the previous owner liking it with out it thanks for the help

Friday, July 29, 2011 9:52 AM
check the car fax i bet it has been repaired and they put on the base model parts.

Friday, July 29, 2011 2:03 PM
ok i did an i got a hold of the person i bought it off of an they said some one stole the spoiler off of it lol

Friday, July 29, 2011 2:22 PM
That seems kinda sketchy.. the only way to get the spoiler off is from inside the trunk. Seems like a lot of trouble for a stock spoiler.

Friday, July 29, 2011 2:24 PM
ya but the vin an everything checks out ok and says it's a z24

Friday, July 29, 2011 2:38 PM
Id say your car has been rear ended at some point in its life.

1999 - Cavalier - 5speed - Exhaust - 17" rims - carbon fiber hood - the beater

Friday, July 29, 2011 2:47 PM
It is a Z24 though? has the 2.4L? Like stated, must of have something happen to it and stock parts were put on. I was at pick n pull yesterday just to have a look what they have, sometimes you get lucky, I got a like new K&N cone filter for $2.99 few months ago, got almost brand new winter tires last year for like $15 each. And I came across a "95-99 Z24" Had the same bumpers/skirts, Z24 badges, spolier, etc, pop the hood and there I find a 2.2L.... I can see the body stuff but I hate when people put the wrong badges on cars. The other day, this Cobalt pulls up to the light with body kit, ss wing and bunch of stuff, SS badges, even had the supercharged badges, look down at the rims, notice the 4 bolt rims and rear drum brakes. Just shake my head, He peels off when the light goes green, clearly comfirming that there is no supercharger in the car.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Friday, July 29, 2011 2:52 PM
ya it is a z24 an has the 2.4L an ya must have but who knows

Friday, July 29, 2011 5:57 PM
dustin smith wrote:
Fluffy wrote:It also looks like it has a base rear bumper...
ya it does the pics but in person u can much easier
well then rock on haha maybe the trunk was hit by something

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Friday, July 29, 2011 6:34 PM
ya thats my guess but either way i like it i was just wondering

Sunday, August 07, 2011 11:26 PM
If it was "stolen" it would have 7 holes in the trink lid. 99% sure it is a Completly defferent trunk from a Base model.

Monday, August 08, 2011 8:16 AM
Rick wrote:It is a Z24 though? has the 2.4L? Like stated, must of have something happen to it and stock parts were put on. I was at pick n pull yesterday just to have a look what they have, sometimes you get lucky, I got a like new K&N cone filter for $2.99 few months ago, got almost brand new winter tires last year for like $15 each. And I came across a "95-99 Z24" Had the same bumpers/skirts, Z24 badges, spolier, etc, pop the hood and there I find a 2.2L.... I can see the body stuff but I hate when people put the wrong badges on cars. The other day, this Cobalt pulls up to the light with body kit, ss wing and bunch of stuff, SS badges, even had the supercharged badges, look down at the rims, notice the 4 bolt rims and rear drum brakes. Just shake my head, He peels off when the light goes green, clearly comfirming that there is no supercharger in the car.
Z24 does not equal 2.4 litre... Other cavaliers had the 2.4 and werent Z24s, some Z24s had 2.3, 3.1 and 2.8 litre engines.

the "24" is part of the GM RPO code "Z24" and has no corelation to what motor is in the vehicle. In fact, the RPO "Z24" represents an upgraded trim and suspension package only, it does not specify anything at all about a motor.

EDIT: i'd quote the exact text of the RPO code but im at work, and on a quick search, all i could find is the 1967/1968 usage of the RPO code which reflects an SS Impala with a 427 engine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, August 08, 2011 8:27 AM

Monday, August 08, 2011 11:45 AM
Impala Z24!!!

Yes, I know they exist. Just sounds odd when you mention it on a J-body website.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 4:28 AM
dustin smith wrote:ya thats my guess but either way i like it i was just wondering

Another thing. A friend of mine had someone try to steal the stereo out of his car. Rather than break the window to gain entry, then pull the seat down and go that way, they decided to bash up the trunk real bad trying to get the lock out of it. Lets say the lock won, but it didn't look real pretty. Could have been something like that happen too.

But I'm looking at your pics on photobucket. It really looks like you have the base model bumper. And there should be a bowtie on the decklid too, unless you or someone shaved it and not the one on the front. I bet the car's been in an accident, and got fixed for a bit cheaper. You take a lot of pics in front of the mirror too.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search