757 J-Bodies (Va Beach) - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
757 J-Bodies (Va Beach)
Monday, August 29, 2011 12:24 PM
I was wondering if there are any people that are near my area, looking to network & meet some people with the same ride as me.
I am new to the scene even though I have had the car for awhile.
I have had all Honda's before this & actually received this car when my mom blew my headgasket on my wagon while I was working on my 93 Integra project.
Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself, my friends call me Somalia. I drive a 2002 Cavalier 2200 OHV All stock except the specter air filter.
The plans for the car are to build the engine and tranny. Not sure if I want to boost or go N/A. My goal is a clean DD looking to stance it & get into the 13's. Hp goals are 200-250. Don't know how much N/A power these motors can put out, that's why I don't know if boosted or N/A is the way to go. Honda's are pretty simple to me. But im still researching on this before I start anything. This site seems to be better than clubcav, are there any other helpful sites guys? Thanks see you around the forums.

Re: 757 J-Bodies (Va Beach)
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:34 PM
There are a few of us around virginia beach... There hasn't been a J club here, in about 4 years. (The last being GM Revolution, ending in 2007)

With your motor, you need boost to gain 13s and above 200 WHP... Your motor is rated at about 110 Base HP before the transmission, and usually boils down to about 95 WHP after the transmission...

There are plenty of swaps available if you decide to go that route... They arent as easy as swapping from a D to a B series in a honda... but they are doable...

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:49 PM
Glad to see another J in the area.. As Mystic said in order to hit your power and 1/4 mile goals with that motor boost is pretty much your only option.

Anyway welcome to the org there's lots to learn here and maybe I'll see you around.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:25 PM
Thanks guys, I will have to look into the swaps. Maybe that could be an option for me. I saw a red coupe that's pretty sick coming out of my neighbor hood.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:06 PM
where about is your neighborhood?

Thursday, September 01, 2011 12:08 PM
Off London Bridge, Castleton.
Friday, September 02, 2011 5:34 PM
Welcome to the JBO. I'm in Hampton, but still don't drive my vert because it is in constant state of remodel.

Sig'less since '02!
Friday, September 02, 2011 5:50 PM
Va repping Eastern shore here good to see some more guys around and everyone go check out the j-meet form that i put up for are area.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 4:57 PM
Somalia Valentino wrote:Off London Bridge, Castleton.
my buddy's shop is off castleton commerce way, in barber self storage...

Saturday, September 03, 2011 7:00 PM
Sweet does he have the red Cavalier w/ black rims?
Thats good to know that his shop is right there in case I need work I can't do myself maybe I can hire him for his services.
Thanks guys for the welcome, the more I learn about this car the more I appreciate it.
Saturday, September 03, 2011 11:50 PM
negative, he 2 VWs...

i dunno who has the red one with black wheels... Mine is kinda red, with kinda black wheels =P

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:41 AM
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:
Somalia Valentino wrote:Off London Bridge, Castleton.
my buddy's shop is off castleton commerce way, in barber self storage...

Is that off london bridge rd? I need a good shop to put in my LSD and buy a high stall TQ.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search