Cavalier on CL worth it? - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavalier on CL worth it?
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 7:07 AM
Found this not to far from me, thinking of fixing it up and selling it again.
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/2616650599.html

It KBB's at about 4800-5000....

Re: Cavalier on CL worth it?
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 7:53 AM
I would find out how those went missing first, might be more to the story, cause those don't just fall off.

...you want a pic, then help me build something worth taking a pic of....
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 8:02 AM
Yeah i am going to find out more, the hood is missing the chevy logo also unless someone took it off.
I might go check it out just to kick the tires around, and inspect it more

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 8:05 AM
It almost looks as though they're trying to sell the LS Sport clone with the OHV, judging from the front end and wheels.
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 9:09 AM
Yeah some of the 02 LS Sports came with the old 2.2 still, it's not uncommon.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 3:01 PM
WRONG

They sold a SPORT COUPE/SEDAN, NON LS with a 2.2OHV
It has 16" Aluminum wheels, NON CHROME
Mirrors are BLACK, non body color
No Power options.
NO FOG LIGHTS, Cheap interior.
Also about 1" higher suspension than an LS SPORT or Z24 package.

THE LS SPORT coupe or SEDAN were FULLY LOADED, Period. Just like your 03. The ONLY options on our 03 Sedans is mine has an Auto Trans and XM Other than that the LS CAVALIER Sport or not is Loaded up. Power options, Twin Cam engine etc.

THE "LS" add a lot of value to a used Cavalier compared to a base model.

Basically what it is, A Base model with Lower Ground effects and RED Bowties. And it's missing front and rear lips.

That car was in an accident no doubt, thet didn't replace the fan, washer bottle and pump and bowtie.

So yeah, buying it for $2,900 and "fixing it up" is not worth it IMO. It's only worth $3,500-4,000. We are in MI. You see those on car lots used with no work needed or the same condition for $3,000 all day long.

BTW, I got my 2002 Cavalier Dealer Brochure from when I bought my Car new. That's how I know the options etc. Plus you can look around and see.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:17 PM
Would be worth it to fix and drive, but not a money maker. I do have all those parts in the back of the garage tho
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:30 PM
Yeah looked into it more, and realized...no lip kit, obvious accident and dealer rice.
I was told "minor" front end damage. Totally not worth it then, seeing as those two things weren't replaced, then what else wasn't replaced or what else was taken out during the accident.
Going to pass on this one

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 7:28 PM
since when did the LS and z24 come lowered 1" from the factory?
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 8:09 PM
The wheel gap was smaller on my BRAND NEW LS SPORT than the base model next to me, also parking side by side you can tell the difference. The Z24 and LS SPORT alos have a larger diameter front sway bar.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 9:17 PM
I read somewhere the fe3 suspension had a different rack too. Or maybe early z24s

Thursday, October 06, 2011 9:43 AM
From the pics on craigslist it does have the lip kit only for the sides and partial for the rear, it only has half the lip that is next to the muffler, and of course no front lip. Now does this owner say his car is an LS sport or a Z24? cuz im thinkin it might be a Z instead of the eco LS sport. might wanna check the Vin on it.

JBO Member since 2006.
Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:59 AM
Ryan Thompson wrote:I read somewhere the fe3 suspension had a different rack too. Or maybe early z24s

Z24s had a smaller amount of turns to full lock. 2.5 compared to 3 IIRC.

Thursday, October 06, 2011 6:16 PM
Jrcz24 wrote:From the pics on craigslist it does have the lip kit only for the sides and partial for the rear, it only has half the lip that is next to the muffler, and of course no front lip. Now does this owner say his car is an LS sport or a Z24? cuz im thinkin it might be a Z instead of the eco LS sport. might wanna check the Vin on it.

The ad says "sport" doesn't say LS. It is listed correctly. Just a 9yr old POS. Not worth it.

Monday, October 10, 2011 2:21 PM
ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:The ad says "sport" doesn't say LS. It is listed correctly. Just a 9yr old POS. Not worth it.

James knows what he's talking about guys..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search