Looking for a pre 95 2.3 shortblock - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for a pre 95 2.3 shortblock
Thursday, December 08, 2011 6:03 PM
Im looking for a 2.3 short block in decent condition. It can have a lot of miles but I dont want something that has rod knock or bad bearings etc. Dont care if it is HO or LO but NOT a 95.

Re: Looking for a pre 95 2.3 shortblock
Friday, December 09, 2011 9:43 AM
My friends dad's junkyard might have one. I know they're LO 2.3s but its on the western side of Ohio.

Friday, December 09, 2011 11:28 AM
a quad 4 with rod knock....you must be confusing it with those POS twin cams mwuahahhaa

Friday, December 09, 2011 1:27 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:a quad 4 with rod knock....you must be confusing it with those POS twin cams mwuahahhaa

Haha I said without. And its not the twin cam thats a POS its the oiling system and those grama balance shafts haha. I have a 95 with rod knock but then again it shares the previously mentioned crap.

And thanks sundown but thats a bit far away.

Friday, December 09, 2011 2:53 PM
lol i have just what you need. i believe its a 92 HO shortblock out of a grand am. all there, no idea of condition but doubtful its blown. i could check real easily though...

prolly be 80-100 to ship i believe... and i even have the super box jeff shipped my rp block in so thats a non-issue.

thing is though man, you might just be able to find something where you are for cheap. prolly get a complete long block for $150 bucks at a local you pull it.

but, if you want mine im sure we can work something out. a trade perhaps? i definitely dont wanna "give" it away though...

text me.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Friday, December 09, 2011 3:16 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:lol i have just what you need. i believe its a 92 HO shortblock out of a grand am. all there, no idea of condition but doubtful its blown. i could check real easily though...

prolly be 80-100 to ship i believe... and i even have the super box jeff shipped my rp block in so thats a non-issue.

thing is though man, you might just be able to find something where you are for cheap. prolly get a complete long block for $150 bucks at a local you pull it.

but, if you want mine im sure we can work something out. a trade perhaps? i definitely dont wanna "give" it away though...

text me.

Who pays shipping for large parts?? Dont you deliver??

Friday, December 09, 2011 8:03 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:lol i have just what you need. i believe its a 92 HO shortblock out of a grand am. all there, no idea of condition but doubtful its blown. i could check real easily though...

text me.

text sent!

Friday, December 09, 2011 9:01 PM
got a 89 2.3 block at my local pick n save its yours for 75 you just gotta get it out yourself
Saturday, December 10, 2011 8:26 AM
Where are you located?

Saturday, December 10, 2011 9:37 AM
before you get too far into this......i would SUGGEST that if your putting this engine in a Jbody that you get a 93-94 block, the 3 holes for the upper engine mount are different. the 92 MAY have the right holes, as 92 seems to be a crossover year for quad parts. but just my .02 check those 3 holes before getting one.

Saturday, December 10, 2011 2:48 PM
yeah the pre-axis mount motors have M10x1.5 holes and the later ones have the M12x1/75 holes. I have the earlier 90 block in my 95 and have to use washers No problems really, just havetn got around to get some bushings made for the bolts.

Saturday, December 10, 2011 3:06 PM
Thanks for the info!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search