FS: 1996 Cavalier Convertible and 02 LSS front & rear lips - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FS: 1996 Cavalier Convertible and 02 LSS front & rear lips
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:30 AM
UPDATED PICS WILL BE POSTED LATER TODAY. FOR NOW HERE IS AN OLD PIC

up for sale is a 1996 Cavalier convertible 2.4L 5sp. its been my DD since Jan 08 when i bought it off of DTP and has been a great car for as long as ive had it. it still drives okay but she looks pretty rough.

mechanical: 190k miles on body but motor was rebuilt around 140k at which time it got a brand new transmission. only thing ive replaced on it in the 4 years ive had it has been alternator and battery and an IAT sensor. leaks a tiny bit of oil. ive barely driven it in the last 6 months and it needed 1 qt in that time.

exterior: the car still has the WW front, EGR flares, 96-99 Toyo tails, Fiber Images c/f hood, Pacesetter header, and is lowered on Toxico D-Specs and Eibach Sportlines (less than 10k on struts), but does not have the rear lip or wing like it used to. power top works great, no hesitation or alignment problems. seals could use a replacing, but only leak about 1 out of 10 rainy days. needs paint. 00-02 headlights.

interior: its in okay shape...carpet is dirty as hell and seats have no rips or tears but have some stains as would be expected. dash bottom is wrapped in gray tweed. no crack on the windshield piece. front and rear panels are in great shape. part of the headliner was cut out when someone cut a hole in the top. replaced the top but not the liner. CD player doesnt like to eject cds but it does have 4 Infinity speakers instead of the stockers. power windows go down but need assistance coming back up. power locks work fine.

asking $1250 OBO. use it as a DD or restore it to her former glory. no trades (unless youve an HHR ) cash only. located in suffolk, va 23435. PM me with any questions or post on here and i'll get back with you asap

00-02 LS Sport front and rear lips. black. asking $50 for the front and $75 for the rear plus shipping.

edit: now with pics!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:50 AM

Re: FS: 1996 Cavalier Convertible and 02 LSS front & rear lips
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 1:55 AM
Hey intrested in the LS sport front lip what is the condition? Does it have all tabs & what color is it. Could arrange a meet up from Carrollton, VA 23314

It beats a Honda!
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 1:57 AM
Nevermind on the color question.

It beats a Honda!
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 3:44 AM
Sad to see man.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 5:14 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Sad to see man.

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:37 AM
This is so tempting, I just did the UPS calculator and in order to get it to here from VA its going to cost between 25 and 50 bucks, its too bad I only want the rear lip now. I'll have to see if someone hasnt gotten me a chirstmas present yet.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:41 AM
leafy: rear lip is 2pc so it ships via USPS at about $20, at least the last one i sold shipped around there . all tabs are intact and it even comes with ALL brackets for installation!

stik: yeah we could meet up. front is missing1 tab and another is partially torn. PMd with my ph#

to everyone else, thanks. yeah it is sad to see it go but i need something larger with less miles for the next chapter in my life.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 2:14 PM
I'm certainly going to keep it in mind, money is tight though

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:27 PM
Very tempted to try and scrape up some cash for this. Wanted it when Paul sold it. I will see what I can do in the next couple days. Worst part is the 500 mile drive.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:15 PM
how bad is the rust on the car?

Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:06 PM
bump for a good seller...

we need to go get that drink soon... =) Trent (stikman), you should come too!

Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:44 PM
TABS! I want the lips! Front and rear! Have money in hand, You have a PM!

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Saturday, December 17, 2011 7:51 PM
gl with the sale tabs!

Saturday, December 17, 2011 10:41 PM
Wish I did not have so many projects I would love to have it. Especially since I have worked on it. Glws

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:33 AM
everyone has been PMd or replied to

jr: thanks man. but really, whats another project? esp such a cool one at such a low price! its a running, driving, 2.4l 5sp convertible!

corey: rust isnt really an issue. its got a few spots of surface rust where paint has been rubbed off etc but shouldnt be bad.

cavalac: you never know...maybe we could work something out as far as the drive is concerned.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:54 PM
Man it sad to see it go, GLWS bro. I will never forget this ride especially the pic in front of the wigwham in Anderson. Good luck bro

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:56 PM
good luck Ben.. I too would love to have it. Many memories of it when it was Clay's, Paul's and yours.

Friday, December 30, 2011 5:01 PM
(tabs) wrote:
jr: thanks man. but really, whats another project? esp such a cool one at such a low price! its a running, driving, 2.4l 5sp convertible! .

Damn you and your sweat voice. Lol

Saturday, December 31, 2011 7:17 AM
SOLD!

everything in this post is gone and the only J part i have left is another rear 02 LSS lip in yellow that i pulled from the yard earlier this week. same price as the black one above.

hope you enjoy the new ride man!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search