WTB Seats for 2000 Sunfire 'vert - Tidewater VA - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WTB Seats for 2000 Sunfire 'vert - Tidewater VA
Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:49 AM
Need some help from the Tidewater VA pullers and pickers. Let me know if you find a good pair of STOCK charcoal / grey front seats in one of the area junkyards. Do not want racing seats. Prefer Sunfire seats, but Cavalier, Firebird, Camaro seats will work. What I'd really like to do is install Corbeau Sport Seats with brackets, but just can't justify dropping $820 when I've got other priorities. Thanks in advance! Jay

Re: WTB Seats for 2000 Sunfire 'vert - Tidewater VA
Tuesday, March 06, 2012 3:34 AM
I stomped around the Pick n Pull in VA Beach and the only promising seats were in a '98 Firebird for $30 each. Did not buy because they were wet from the recent rain, and it bothers me that they're 14 years old.

There was a '96 Cav 'vert with a servicable black top if anyone is in need. The weatherstripping was shot, but the trim over the tack strips looked to be in good shape. Didn't check for top motors since this was just initial recon.

If anybody in the Tidewater VA area has any favorite yards, please chime in. There's not much here on the Peninsula since Ross's outside Langley changed owners. Never had much luck with either Blackie's or Doody's on 17.

Jay
Tuesday, March 06, 2012 1:03 PM
i go to the PnP in va beach occasionally and last summer they had a fire vert w the white seats. i posted on here asking if anyone wanted them but no one did and they took it off to the crusher. since then ive seen 1 or 2 other verts but they only had the plain seats. did you see any LS sport stuff in there? i was there about 3 weeks ago and there was nothing good

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 5:25 AM
Tabs, I didn't notice any LS Sports mainly because I was doing a high-speed walk thru for seats. The latest model J-body was an '02 and they all looked pretty rough. I doubt their inventory was much different since your last visit. At least it's easier to check the inventory of vehicles on the PnP site. Looking for seats on most sites is painful because the search parameters are very specific to year and type of seat.

You may want to reach out to Andrew 97Cavy. He mentioned the Fredricksburg pickapart had a ton of Cavys and was talking about a junk yard run last month. The thread was in the Events forum - Subject: VA? Page 5.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=9&i=20941&t=19711&p=5

Too bad I missed the white seats last summer ... could've been a player in a white on white Fire 'vert. The main reason I'm looking for seats is because the drive side recline handle broke off and the door side of the bottom cushion foam is flattened from getting in and out. The cloth is in great shape though since the car has been garage kept. If I can find a good Sunfire driver's seat, I may try to swap out the recline bracket and recover the bottom foam with the cloth from my seat. That approach will increase the PITA factor significantly!

Cheers!
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 5:49 PM
Shoot ... the last time i went to the yard, i wanna say was with you Ben (tabs). I don't have time to yard hop anymore...

odd... why would someone post in Events about a yard run... that belongs in Mid-East...

i seldom look outside of Mid-East for anything regionally related...

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 8:32 PM
ky: last time i went to the yard they had 03+ dashes but i didnt have the time or $ to bother pulling one. if i do next time i'll let you know so you can tell me if you want me to pick one up

Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:04 AM
i'd like the 03+ center console.. .and the 00-02 center trim bezel ... it'll be a long time before i can carbon fibre a dash pad, so imma hold off on buying and storing one of those.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search