Spotted: tabs vert - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spotted: tabs vert
Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:16 PM
I know mrthompson sold it to someone in MI, but not who. Spotted at lkq while getting door panels and seats. Waited around for a couple minutes but had to get going. I got winter mode going on in the pic

Re: Spotted: tabs vert
Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:26 PM
Also saw Brent Willyard there right before this

Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:31 PM
im curious as to what he was picking up....

Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:53 PM
the vert has traveled long and far away from here...

Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:59 PM
There were only fire verts that i noticed at the yard. Maybe he will post up. Or swing by and bring me beer haha

Sunday, March 11, 2012 5:44 PM
Wasn't me, that's why I don't have this

I'm just doing little things to get everything working, power mirrors and cruise control right now. Need a cc module and drivers side vert mirror (walked up to the black vert in the yard and completely forgot about it)

Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:09 PM
Nice haha. You local? Got some nice charcoal door panels from the yard and put the wheels and stock seats back on

Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:21 PM
I live more towards the Lansing area, but go to school in Allendale and live on campus, so I do visit LKQ quite often. I got a radiator support, cc module (that doesn't work) and the black fire had boots in it, so I grabbed those, prolly why I forgot the mirror

Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:56 PM
mirrors work. just a bad connection behind the mirror sail.

Sunday, March 11, 2012 8:08 PM
Really? I guess ill have to tear into that. Everything works except up and down on the drivers side
Also I cleaned up the engine bay and it looks like its leaking oil from the sensor in the cam tower, need to figure out how to fix that

Sunday, March 11, 2012 8:58 PM
bad o ring?

Sunday, March 11, 2012 9:50 PM
Could be, but it will probably be about two weeks before I can really take it apart to find out, I'm a bit limited on tools at the moment

Monday, March 12, 2012 2:46 AM
Swing by my place. Plenty of tools, im out in the garage 90% of the time anyway. You seem to be close enough, I live right by m6 and 131

Monday, March 12, 2012 6:41 AM
Nic Crosby wrote:Really? I guess ill have to tear into that. Everything works except up and down on the drivers side
Also I cleaned up the engine bay and it looks like its leaking oil from the sensor in the cam tower, need to figure out how to fix that

it was working when i put it in. because i swapped the outer sail from the one that didn't work. yeah sounds like a o-ring on the cam senser. 10mm and stop at the parts store should fix that. the engine bay was one of the areas i was gonna focus on also. keep it posted up i know ben and i wouldn't mind knowing whats happening with the car..

Monday, March 12, 2012 9:16 AM
Mike - Thats not too far away, and there's an Advanced auto on the way. Might just do that Wednesday, don't really have anything going on then.
Jason - Sounds like an easy enough fix. I'm going to create a thread, even took a bunch of photos for it, just haven't gotten to making it yet. It will probably be for both verts though

Do you guys know what bulb the license plate light uses? There isn't one in there for me to check

Monday, March 12, 2012 10:06 AM
194 bulb for the tag light.

Good to see the vert stayed "in the family" so to speak.

Monday, March 12, 2012 2:47 PM
For sure, pm me your # and I'll text you. I work 8-5 so anytime after that is good

Monday, March 12, 2012 5:22 PM
Thanks Kardain, get a bulb in there before I do much more night driving

pm'd Mike

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:08 PM
Nice, last time i saw this thing was when Ben was up here in WV a few months ago.

Good to see its still in org hands

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:49 AM
You know, I felt I knew that car when I had seen it yesterday @ Grand Valley. Toyo's popped out at me instantly.

Nice!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:07 AM
MI j's are on the upswing again. Get some

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:12 AM
So mad at myself for not buying this thing

Like my wiring job for the tail lights? lol

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:53 AM
looks good. I wish i had more j's in the JY around me. I need to so a little work on the top and get the engine bay ready to be gutted.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:25 AM
Wow, everyone has seen that car!!! I'm starting to think that I need to drive to Michigan just so I can see it and take a picture to post on here!!!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:33 AM
Good to see another local Michigan J!

Now With More Carbon Fiber!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search