What a suprise, OH Gov. Taft rated... - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What a suprise, OH Gov. Taft rated...
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:04 AM
WORST governor in America. What do you naysayers that were defending Taft in my 'new ohio taxes' post last year have to say now ? On a side note Ohio State Parks are not free anymore you will have to pay a $5 parking fee at all of Ohio state parks for Ohio residents and $6 for non Ohio residents.

Re: What a suprise, OH Gov. Taft rated...
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 6:18 AM
Yea I heard that on 700WLW. That is what I would rate him. There going to put the front plate issue in a bill again this year and they have been asking state patrol for reasons for why we need plates on the front for 10yrs now and and they have not come up with anything except it would make their job harder and is vital for fighting crime. So what about other states w/o front plates then. But taft usually backs up the state patrol (who was not for conseal and carry permits and said that there would be increase in crime because of it) even if there is not any proof weather it is needed. Now the price of plates will not go down put we won't get a ticket for not having one on the front. Taft is an A$$!

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:42 AM
one little liberatarian group voted him the worst, so i guess that means thats the way everyone feels? thast like saying i like bush so every white male my age must like him too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, March 10, 2005 9:11 AM
Yellowcavailer wrote:Yea I heard that on 700WLW. That is what I would rate him. There going to put the front plate issue in a bill again this year and they have been asking state patrol for reasons for why we need plates on the front for 10yrs now and and they have not come up with anything except it would make their job harder and is vital for fighting crime. So what about other states w/o front plates then. But taft usually backs up the state patrol (who was not for conseal and carry permits and said that there would be increase in crime because of it) even if there is not any proof weather it is needed. Now the price of plates will not go down put we won't get a ticket for not having one on the front. Taft is an A$$!

Also the reason that Taft kept the Front License plate is for the Cameras that catch Red Light runners and people that speed in School zones. Cameras are set up now to read the front license plate and to see the person who is driving the vehicle. This new way will stop people from saying that " But It wasn't me driving the Car" Also California just recently added the Front License plate law for the same reason.

Tax Revenue. Ohio has been hit hard because Ohio is in the Rust Belt and we were really hit hard by the slowing down of the Automobile industry in the State. That is why Taft is trying to do what he can to bring more industry back to Ohio and bring in More Technology to the state.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 9:39 AM
@!#$ the front plate, and taft is a retarded piece of @!#$.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:58 PM
taft is a piece of @!#$. i @!#$ hate him almost as much as i hate bush.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:19 PM
Vote him out I might depending on who he is running against.

But if I vote him out it isn't because of the Front plate.

But he is trying to do alot of good stuff for the Industry jobs in Ohio, It is just that he is getting Snow Jobbed from the other side. @!#$in Bastards

Sunday, March 13, 2005 2:22 PM
front plates for cameras is . waht bout people who run red lights and speed in school zones from out of states that dont have to have front plates?

Sunday, March 13, 2005 10:23 PM
didnt i hear taft cut alot of funding for public universities and schools raiseign costs at schools???

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site
Monday, March 14, 2005 5:59 AM
that is a good thing but as you know nothing is happening.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Monday, March 14, 2005 6:00 AM
CodeRedZ24 (aka Geeds) wrote:didnt i hear taft cut alot of funding for public universities and schools raiseign costs at schools???

Yes benifits were cut for schools but you know when the money isn't there you have to cut something. You know. What in the hell do you suggest to be cut?

What you want him to raise taxes you know that is your parties moto. O Wait hold on look at this link. http://www.fcdp.org/cd_02_08_03.html

Quote:

Undaunted by House Republicans' plans to ignore his call for higher taxes on cigarettes and alcohol, Gov. Bob Taft yesterday repeated his vow to cut education funding if those taxes don't go through.

Also learn more up to date when reading this link http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050209/NEWS01/502090432/1056

I'll might find more issues about the plate when I have time.

Monday, March 14, 2005 6:03 AM
I ment job growth but the quote from nfamous did not come through. as for the camera it alread takes a picture of the person and they are usually set up to take several pics including the back. Your right in I would not vote him out soully for LP's but for the rest of the problems in ohio. I lived in ky for a few years and I'm think of moving back there in a few years.

Monday, March 14, 2005 8:02 AM
CodeRedZ24 (aka Geeds) wrote:didnt i hear taft cut alot of funding for public universities and schools raiseign costs at schools???

Not only that he 'borrowed' 2/3 of the Cigarette lawsuit that was earmarked for the public schools. Nfamous if Taft has the grapes to run for President after his governor term is over why don't you vote for him so he can @!#$ up the rest of America like he's done for Ohio.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:30 AM
so much anger over a liscence plate.

come to indiana where we have no front liscence plate. oh yeah instead of the 50$ plates you guys buy, expect to pay around 200$ a year on your plates.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:18 AM
spikej wrote:

Not only that he 'borrowed' 2/3 of the Cigarette lawsuit that was earmarked for the public schools. Nfamous if Taft has the grapes to run for President after his governor term is over why don't you vote for him so he can @!#$ up the rest of America like he's done for Ohio.

Well one thing you guys don't have to worry about is reElecting him for Govenor because he is on his last term.

But as of Right now I am not even considering him for a Republican nomination

Trust me Taft has been trying to get stuff done. Most of this crap isn't his fault. Hey if you want me too I can go on a long rant on what the Unions have done to kill Jobs in Ohio. But that is another subject and to long of a Grocery list of things that the Unions could of done to keep jobs here in Ohio and the United States.

O well need to see what happens in the Next 2 years

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:53 AM
^^^^^yep

(sndsgood) $200 for plates and less property tax in indy. Some people don't own property but almost everyone owns a car. Ky is the same way. Ohio you pay more in property taxes.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:39 AM
yeah but with 3 cars im spending in licence plates what i make up for in property taxes lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search