Anyone done a 2.4 Swap? - Page 2 - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Anyone done a 2.4 Swap?
Saturday, June 25, 2005 11:44 AM
hotbug1776 wrote:not much help in that area, I went from LO to HO so I was plug and play.

Well what made you think that it was not plug and play. My swap from 2.2 to 2.4 is plug and play also, but I'm just waiting on clutch... grr...

Saturday, June 25, 2005 1:38 PM
2.2 to 2.4 isn't plug and play, what about the tranny and computer? I thought the 2.2L tranny was different than the 2.4L bellhousing wise.

Mine was pull out the old motor, bolt in the new motor, all the wires,sensors, and etc were the same. 3 hours to put in the new motor and tranny WITH assembly time.

Saturday, June 25, 2005 7:42 PM
my freakin gauges were freakin out tonight....trey, where are all the ground points from the engine to the body at, do you know? also, my air bag and seat belt and brake light keep coming on....and tonight my ABS Light was on....startin to kinda piss me off....

Saturday, June 25, 2005 8:53 PM
did you get the one from the front of the tranny? I think all of them are at the point where the tranny/engine come together, maybe one more on the engine. Sorry I've missed you the past two times, if you need some help with it in person, email me hotbug at neo.rr.com and I'll stop by on Sunday. I think I had like three or four ground points on mine one on the tranny bolt in the front for sure. and I think one towards the back of the tranny (I'll look on Sunday if you dont want me to come by).

Sunday, June 26, 2005 7:53 AM
well ive got to work today so not ganna be able to get much accomplished. i emailed you though andy.

Sunday, June 26, 2005 10:41 PM
Oh poo email f-up (I pwned myself) hotbug1776 at neo.rr.com

I'm so stupid sometimes. re send the email there Keith

Monday, June 27, 2005 4:49 AM
HotBug1776 - If you get the engine, transmission, and the engine harness it is plug and play from the engine harness. That is why we say it is an easy swap.

Black - I would check the wires ou used for the new cluster if you taped into them or anything.

Monday, June 27, 2005 8:07 AM
TRD Cav Fire wrote:HotBug1776 - If you get the engine, transmission, and the engine harness it is plug and play from the engine harness. That is why we say it is an easy swap.

Black - I would check the wires ou used for the new cluster if you taped into them or anything.

Gotcha, it's just not as plug and play as some.

Monday, June 27, 2005 10:15 AM
hotbug1776 wrote:
TRD Cav Fire wrote:HotBug1776 - If you get the engine, transmission, and the engine harness it is plug and play from the engine harness. That is why we say it is an easy swap.

Gotcha, it's just not as plug and play as some.
Well it is only one plug that you need to do in the engine bay! I guess that is just to much huh....

Monday, June 27, 2005 11:17 AM
I like to do things easy. no, wait a minute, wrong wording. LOL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search