84 Conquest $400 or trade - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
84 Conquest $400 or trade
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:18 PM
84 conquest 2.6L turbo 5spd

Need to get rid of this by Friday. $500 OBO, will consider trades but in the end it comes down to my man to decide since he bought the car.

In the pix you can see a red wire coming from the fuse panel. That's no longer there so don't worry about it. The fuel pump was wired to a switch when we bought it, but is now wired up normal.

The car will need a new battery since it won't hold a charge anymore. When jumped it will start, but if you stall it out it won't start again unless jumped. It idles really rough an will stall if not warmed up. We believe it just needs to be timed, as a new distributor was put on by the previous owners. We got it to run a little better by messing with that. It will need a muffler. The front airdam just needs bolts on both of the sides (thats why theres duct tape there.

He drove it home on 696 from fowlerville to clinton twp (about an hour drive) doing around 80-85 an he said besides being a little shaky it drove great.

It's sat since we bought it since we haven't had any time or money to put into, but we got notice from the park that it needs to be registered and in driveable condition by Friday or it will be towed.

Even parting it out can get you more than $500, we just don't have the time or place to do that so our only option is to sell. I have no clue what the mileage is on it.

Here's PIX of mainly everything wrong with it http://www.cardomain.com/ride/862729/1
Any questions feel free to ask. I tried to include everything but im sure i forgot something

for an 84 the rust on it isn't that bad at all. all spots seem to be an easy fix. The lights still popup and work. I'm not sure if the radio works as we've always been more focused on hearing how its running when its been started.

fix the timing (not too hard if you have a gun), throw in a battery, put some bolts in the airdam and the car is good to go.

Re: 84 Conquest $400 or trade
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:19 PM
oops $400 firm now. that was just copied from my original post on another forum.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:56 PM
sorry, thought I was in another forum...

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 5:43 PM
ugh to bad its a flatty, if it was widebody id be all over this like butta on bread, still a good price though

Thursday, July 21, 2005 7:38 AM
is this car drivable, like could it make it from wherever you are in michigan down like toledo area? cause i still might be all over this

Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:16 AM
driveable yes, but it'd be a bit shaky until u got the timing fixed. and hope that you wouldn't stall out because then the car would need to be jumped again to start, unless u brought a different battery with you.

oh an way to go brett! now i have a lil forum warning stoopid popups! lol

Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:42 PM
and.. the car is gone

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search