GM-Revolution - Page 83 - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: GM-Revolution
Tuesday, September 02, 2008 5:56 PM
i really would love to own 2 Metros both 5 speed. If anyone comes across any let me kno. But guys we're all supposed 2 be cool with each other here its really not that serious. I mean im sure Paul's car is plenty fast for what it is & it is def. something for him to be proud of. He also isnt paying $500 a month on it, lol. Kyle as far as I kno you have one of the baddest Quad Family Cavi's in the area & You do hold a very valid point, LN2 vs LNF not really a fair match, stock for stock, mod for mod or whatever, but driver for driver anything is possible. Zack, U've got money man we kno, ur not worried about gas, one day I want to be like you, lol, BTW love the goat get with me share some of that go fast knowledge.

On unrelated notes I pushed my start date for NTi/UTi back until Jan 5. 2009 because im expecting little girl number 2 in Nov, Nov. 8 ETA, lol.

Cobalt news: HPTuners has releasesd the flash for the 2008 Cobalt SS so thats what im saving for now. The solid charge piping is available from Synapse & they also have a 3" downpipe available but its catless so hard to run that in VA. Alright guys im gonna shut up because I know ur all like; "We don't care, we dont have Cobalts. Go to CobaltSS.net with that"

Later guys

It beats a Honda!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 6:37 PM
kyle bro seriously do u have to fight with eveyron on the boards lol

oh and i got second place in dometic other at the chairty show in suffolk, va on sunday neighborhood dreams had a better cavi the one that beart kyle at hostile take over
Tuesday, September 02, 2008 7:09 PM
Stikman29 wrote: But guys we're all supposed 2 be cool with each other here its really not that serious. I mean im sure Paul's car is plenty fast for what it is & it is def. something for him to be proud of. He also isnt paying $500 a month on it, lol. Kyle as far as I kno you have one of the baddest Quad Family Cavi's in the area & You do hold a very valid point, LN2 vs LNF not really a fair match, stock for stock, mod for mod or whatever, but driver for driver anything is possible. Zack, U've got money man we kno, ur not worried about gas, one day I want to be like you, lol, BTW love the goat get with me share some of that go fast knowledge.

Quoted For Truth

Relaxed&Chilledout wrote:kyle bro seriously do u have to fight with eveyron on the boards lol

oh and i got second place in dometic other at the chairty show in suffolk, va on sunday neighborhood dreams had a better cavi the one that beart kyle at hostile take over

Bashing on me isn't helping you...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i finally got a job in the dealership... Now that i have my College Degree in Automotive Technology, and i have open availability, Priority Hyundai hired me. I have to do Quick Prep for a month (Detailing Cars) but by October, i'll be in the bay, and will be sent to Priority's school to Hyundai Specialize. Having money again is nice... 2 years of side-work sucked =P

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, September 02, 2008 7:13 PM

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 3:20 AM
Stikman29 wrote:i really would love to own 2 Metros both 5 speed. If anyone comes across any let me kno. But guys we're all supposed 2 be cool with each other here its really not that serious. I mean im sure Paul's car is plenty fast for what it is & it is def. something for him to be proud of. He also isnt paying $500 a month on it, lol. Kyle as far as I kno you have one of the baddest Quad Family Cavi's in the area & You do hold a very valid point, LN2 vs LNF not really a fair match, stock for stock, mod for mod or whatever, but driver for driver anything is possible. Zack, U've got money man we kno, ur not worried about gas, one day I want to be like you, lol, BTW love the goat get with me share some of that go fast knowledge.

On unrelated notes I pushed my start date for NTi/UTi back until Jan 5. 2009 because im expecting little girl number 2 in Nov, Nov. 8 ETA, lol.

Cobalt news: HPTuners has releasesd the flash for the 2008 Cobalt SS so thats what im saving for now. The solid charge piping is available from Synapse & they also have a 3" downpipe available but its catless so hard to run that in VA. Alright guys im gonna shut up because I know ur all like; "We don't care, we dont have Cobalts. Go to CobaltSS.net with that"

Later guys

i wish i had money, if i wasn't worried about gas i would drive the goat all the time...btw monthly payments are ~320$.

good luck with little one number 2, don't spoil her too much (i know i would)

Thursday, September 04, 2008 5:47 PM
Hey stickman I wasnt bashing your car, I just wanted a race. I would love to have one of the new cobalts.

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Thursday, September 04, 2008 7:40 PM
Wanting a race is fine... but take it to the track... GM Revolution, this thread, and the whole j-body.org is street racing free... Discussing Street Racing is a ban-able offense here. Thats why i went off on you earlier...

Friday, September 05, 2008 1:36 PM
CAVI.DEMON wrote:Hey stickman I wasnt bashing your car, I just wanted a race. I would love to have one of the new cobalts.

youd need sum serious horsepower to take on a cobalt bro
Friday, September 05, 2008 5:47 PM
Relaxed&Chilledout wrote:
CAVI.DEMON wrote:Hey stickman I wasnt bashing your car, I just wanted a race. I would love to have one of the new cobalts.

youd need sum serious horsepower to take on a cobalt SS bro

To avoid the argument that would ensue... Chris, I refer you back one page... (i also fixed your quote, cause non SS Cobalts are slow. My Z walked em when it was stock)

CAVI.DEMON wrote:well last time I dynoed it was at 222hp and 275tq. that was with a small ebay t3 48hot 42cold on 15psi untuned. and if you were to look in my reg you would c that I have a bigger turbo and pushing 18psi. and a couple other things to go along with it..

It would be an interesting race to watch, especially on a Test and Tune day at the track, so that several runs could go down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, September 05, 2008 5:48 PM

Friday, September 05, 2008 6:55 PM
well If anyone is interested I will be going to richmond dragway next fri if the hurricane lets is happen. If not next fri then it will be the very next time they have it. which the way richmond works is they have friday night races every other fri the next times are sep 12, 26, and oct 10. gates open at 5pm. $15 to race 10 to spectate. now if they get rained out then they will do it the following fri so if it gets rained out on the 12 then it will be on the 19.

Saturday, September 06, 2008 11:50 AM
CAVI.DEMON wrote:well If anyone is interested I will be going to richmond dragway next fri if the hurricane lets is happen. If not next fri then it will be the very next time they have it. which the way richmond works is they have friday night races every other fri the next times are sep 12, 26, and oct 10. gates open at 5pm. $15 to race 10 to spectate. now if they get rained out then they will do it the following fri so if it gets rained out on the 12 then it will be on the 19.

if i could afford the gas to go i wouldnt mind seeing the speedy cavalier but im saving up for freakshow
Sunday, September 07, 2008 4:57 PM
well right now its lookin like im not goin on the 12. Im movin into a place that weekend. so Its goin to be the 26

Monday, September 08, 2008 10:31 AM
hey uhh paul why dont you come donw to va beach and chill at the car meet? hell its be kinda nice to see a cavalier half the cars there should be scared of lol
Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:21 PM
yea Im not too much of a fan of va beach. too many cops. I dont kno the streets around there. I like to drive around and street race. and I have heard that if you get caught doin it there then they will take your car in a heartbeat. but Ill be at richmond tomorrow if the weather is good.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 2:01 PM
well huys if everything goes well i might not be a j body owner no more
Saturday, September 13, 2008 6:25 PM
Paul dude trust me i have met U personally man I kno its nothing but love over here. I used to have the Yellow LS Sport Couple with the dual MagnaFlow exhaust and the phony SS badges, U used to work @ the Autozone by my house & we met @ McDonalds when you showed me some of the ropes of HP Tuners so, once again its all love. If I can ever make it to the track this season then its kool I'll run anything for fun man thats what all this go fast is about...FUN!!!

I may come out to VA Beach one of these coming weeks. Its gonna b on a Fri. more than likely tho

Zach man thanks for the love on your side im working on the spoiling problem now. We're gonna name her Chevelle & Im already looking for a '71 Chevelle for her 16th/18th Birthday. Hopefully I'll have one to match , lol.

It beats a Honda!
Saturday, September 13, 2008 11:24 PM
anyone know who this cavi belongs to and ifits any good?
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/839377414.html
Monday, September 15, 2008 4:19 PM
Its all good. Well I went to the track runnin a crap 14.2 had major boging problems. I cant launch worth a crap. so I decided to try flooring it at the line so I could build boost off the line and this is how it went. staged second light came I floored it and built 4psi. dumped the clutch and bam. what I thought was an axle might be a dif. got it in the air today at work (mechanic) and the pass side axle was stuck out of the tranny tried to put it back in and it didnt want to. so tomorrow I will be takeing the axle out and looking at the diff. I just thought it was an axle because I just broke one a month ago but its not lookin good so far. just didnt have time to do it today too busy.

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:55 PM
I think its time to upgrade to Stage 2 axles... they are supposed to handle up to 300 HP

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:35 PM
hey guys picked up a new cavi 95 z24

umm hey paul show this dsunday hit up kyle 4 info wouldnt mind meeting ya possibly chillin at the show. Will? TRent? anyone else wanna go?>?>>>>?>?>

we need to ahngout again sumtime guys
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:58 PM
The show is sunday in Hampton... i dunno where though... i'll be working...

i'll get the info and post it

Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:25 PM
srry I couldnt mae it, had to see what was wrong with me car. I found out that it was the axle that broke and it was the splines that go in the tranny. so it looks like Im goin to have to take the tranny out and take it apart to get the piece out. that sux

Sunday, September 21, 2008 8:56 PM

* General info on my engine!!!!

Specifications: 2.3 HO
HP: 180@6200
TQ: 160@5200
Bore: 3.622
Stroke 3.460
Comp. Ratio: 10.0:1

Im mean and im green!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:34 PM
U sure thats an HO in the Z? The '95 Cavi's did not come with HO Quads. Not 2 say it can't be swapped in or very easily built but they did not come stock. I know thats Kyle's area but I very strongly reccomend staying away from the Quad family unless you seriously educate yourself on them. Im selling mine (2.3L '95 Z motor) for $50 if anyone's intrested $50 for the tranny as well. Also I believe the compression on the HO Quads is 10.6:1 altho im not entirely sure. Kyle chime in if u would, lol.

I probably wont be coming out to anything for a couple of weeks, intense work schedule. Jerry is volenteered to help me with the Eco swap on the 'Vert seeing as how now he has his license back now.

Call Me Bro I got a question for you. If I dont answer leave a voicemail I'll call back probably @ work. (757)274-1703

It beats a Honda!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:02 PM
You want me or chris to call you???

there are two HO quad motors... the "LGO" (not to be confused with the "LG0" which is the 95 Quad 4 Low Output (LO) motor) and the "W42". The "W42" has the most Horses out of any of the Quad family, Followed by the "LGO"

Chris' motor is not stock... i can guarantee its not a 95 Quad 4 LO motor... its either an older LO with HO parts, or its a HO. His "Z24" is lacking in Power Windows, Power Locks, and the Sunroof, which i assumed was all standard equipment on a Z... (anyone want to chime in here??) so its possibility that he does not have a Z but a Base model with a Quad swapped in it

----
So i got one of my 2 secret cams in... ....

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:48 AM
kyle how about we both call him lol

Im mean and im green!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search