*8th Anniversary J-BOM BBQ!* - Page 5 - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: *8th Anniversary J-BOM BBQ!*
Thursday, May 22, 2008 5:02 AM
Saturday is going to Sunny, 72* and 0% chance of rain. It's going to be a good day!

-Markus
2002 Yellow Cavalier LS Sport

Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:21 AM
EcoMark wrote:Saturday is going to Sunny, 72* and 0% chance of rain. It's going to be a good day!

Thats what i read too but......it is Michigan and that can all change in a hour so im not gonna believe it until sat what the weather is gonna be.
But i will be there either way!!!

Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:33 AM
1cleanz wrote:
EcoMark wrote:Saturday is going to Sunny, 72* and 0% chance of rain. It's going to be a good day!

Thats what i read too but......it is Michigan and that can all change in a hour so im not gonna believe it until sat what the weather is gonna be.
But i will be there either way!!!

Why ya gotta crush my hopes and dreams like that?

-Markus

Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:09 AM
Marchi1 wrote:
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:The 02 should be out of the shop tomorrow, the exhaust came in today. It looks GREAT! The Header, cat and exhaust will all be installed tomorrow morning and then we will make sure everything is good to go and take it for a few runs down the road and then put my bumper back on. After that I am detailing the engine bay and I plan of bringing it to the BBQ if all goes well. If notI will bring my 03. I just got that back today from the bodyshop, finally fixed the door ding and gouge from the kid who hit it last year on his mountain bike. So either way I'll be there!

I demand the blue car! Let me know if you need some help with anything.....

Two days left....

Oh, I'll call ya for sure. Thanks Paul

EcoMark wrote:
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:
EcoMark wrote:can anyone bring maybe screws and nuts to tack up the front lip on my bumper? I just have to drill the holes and put everything together. I'd appreciate it. If not it's cool too.

Stop at the hardware store on the way and spend $.085 and get some. I'll help fix the lip, but I am not gonna buy you the parts to do so.

I didn't know if anybody had any extra parts laying around in their toolboxes. I'm not even sure exactly what I need but I'll just have to see.

The acutal GM part that hold them on is a little metal clip that "SNAPS" into place.

Tell ya what, I'll bring some of the same screws I had whne I had to fasten my lip to my bumper back in the day. Deal?

Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:19 AM
Marchi1 wrote:
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:The 02 should be out of the shop tomorrow, the exhaust came in today. It looks GREAT! The Header, cat and exhaust will all be installed tomorrow morning and then we will make sure everything is good to go and take it for a few runs down the road and then put my bumper back on. After that I am detailing the engine bay and I plan of bringing it to the BBQ if all goes well. If notI will bring my 03. I just got that back today from the bodyshop, finally fixed the door ding and gouge from the kid who hit it last year on his mountain bike. So either way I'll be there!

I demand the blue car! Let me know if you need some help with anything.....

Two days left....

Oh, I'll call ya for sure. Thanks Paul

EcoMark wrote:
EcoMark wrote:can anyone bring maybe screws and nuts to tack up the front lip on my bumper? I just have to drill the holes and put everything together. I'd appreciate it. If not it's cool too.

Stop at the hardware store on the way and spend $.085 and get some. I'll help fix the lip, but I am not gonna buy you the parts to do so.

I didn't know if anybody had any extra parts laying around in their toolboxes. I'm not even sure exactly what I need but I'll just have to see.

The acutal GM part that hold them on is a little metal clip that "SNAPS" into place.

Tell ya what, I'll bring some of the same screws I had whne I had to fasten my lip to my bumper back in the day. Deal?

Deal, the tabs on the lip are broken so that'll have to be the only way! I appreciate it!

-Markus

Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:20 AM
cant make it

Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:21 AM
^
h
o
m
o

Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:41 AM
HA

^
S
e
L
L
O
U
T

lol

Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:23 AM
I wish i could contribute my 15 psi but i dont think its gunna happen...

Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:14 PM
hope my j will be there wanna meet some cool ppl to hang with..
Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:54 PM
Only a couple days to go. There might just be a new Cobalt SS Turbocharged making an apperance at the BBQ. I can't wait!

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Friday, May 23, 2008 12:11 AM
Drove me car last night!! LOVE IT!

The intake is the ONLY part left to install/fab up.

After that, today after work I'm goind to install my front bumper and detail my engine bay a little bit.

See ya guys Saturday!

Friday, May 23, 2008 4:40 AM
I don't think I'll be coming up this year

The Cavy needs an alternator I think. Something is squeeking and that's gotta be it. However it still charges the battery quite well. I'd rather not risk driving it up.
I could take the GTP again and donate that 8psi of boost. However, it seems to have an intake gasket or something, and it spraying coolant (i think) out onto the exhaust when it's boosting. So that needs fixed, and I'd rather not have it overheat on me (though I don't think it will).

But if someone up there has a set of 17's (nothing super nice) with a 5x115 bolt pattern and a 38-42mm offset for a good price I might just re-consider.

Friday, May 23, 2008 8:57 AM
Sure I told a couple people, and who the @!#$ cares, but I won't be making it this year either.

You guys have a blast.

Friday, May 23, 2008 1:26 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Sure I told a couple people, and who the @!#$ cares, but I won't be making it this year either.

You guys have a blast.

LOL, it's looking like I might not make it either. (Transmission in the Cav is still not done)

Nobody wants to see our bucket-assed Sunfire's anyways...lol

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Friday, May 23, 2008 2:47 PM
SHOoff wrote:I don't think I'll be coming up this year

The Cavy needs an alternator I think. Something is squeeking and that's gotta be it. However it still charges the battery quite well. I'd rather not risk driving it up.
I could take the GTP again and donate that 8psi of boost. However, it seems to have an intake gasket or something, and it spraying coolant (i think) out onto the exhaust when it's boosting. So that needs fixed, and I'd rather not have it overheat on me (though I don't think it will).

But if someone up there has a set of 17's (nothing super nice) with a 5x115 bolt pattern and a 38-42mm offset for a good price I might just re-consider.

I think you should bring the GTP and we can wrench on it sunday and do the new LIM gaskets then, parts shouldn't be hard to find unless you want the aluminum LIM gaskets, then it is only available in Grand Rapids.....

Friday, May 23, 2008 11:19 PM
I appreciate the offer, but I have to work on sunday night The other thing is that I was planning on going ahead and changing the head gaskets too. I figure, since i'm planning on changing every other gasket on the top end, that I might as well go ahead and do the HG's as well. Which probably should involve taking the heads to get resurfaced. As much as i'm contemplating the consequences of not resurfacing them. I'm pretty sure the gaskets aren't blown, but with the cooling system being messed up anyways due to other gaskets (and it has previously overheated due to the stupid plastic elbow below the s/c). That and i'm not exactly sure if iron heads are as bad about warping as aluminum heads (i'm guessing not). I'll also need new head bolts.

On the bright side, I do already have the alum. intake gaskets from ZZP, the UPS man dropped them off the other day. That and a nylon coupler and a bottle of s/c oil.

My work schedule is weird, I work sun-wed. So that at least gives me those couple of days at the end of the week to take the heads in.

Saturday, May 24, 2008 6:28 AM
See you guys in s a few!

Saturday, May 24, 2008 9:09 PM
That was a blast! Watch P&M forum for my pictures soon!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Saturday, May 24, 2008 11:56 PM
nevermind. thought it was sunday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, May 24, 2008 11:59 PM

Monday, May 26, 2008 7:52 AM
i'm sorry i had to jet out early! My girls' sister decided it would be cool to get in another accident with her dad's new TL. Their parents are out of town so we had to come to the rescue. if it was my choice though, I would have stayed the entire day!

I had uber fun though! I can't wait for the next one!

-Markus

Monday, May 26, 2008 9:27 AM
That will be next year Mark. You can always come to JCO with us.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search