WTB: stock or cheap aftermarket rims - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WTB: stock or cheap aftermarket rims
Sunday, July 04, 2010 8:54 AM
im looking for some rims. prefer 95-99 z rims, but any stock non-steelies will work. i could also look into some aftermarket rims, but its all about the cost. dont care about condition as i just need them for the vert which is pretty much a beater right now.

basically, im tired of @!#$ with the ones ive got on there now. ive had nothing but trouble w the aftermarket lugnuts on them and i currently have 3 of the 4 rims stuck on there because a shop lost my key (and cant find a replacement) and ive only been able to get 1 removed, with another w stripped lugs. ive tried every local shop and they cant get them off either, even w their special tools (hence the stripped 1). add to that the 1 rim i can get off is cracked, and i think im just going to take a sawzall to the damn things if i can get some replacements to roll around on.

so if anyone has any stockers they wanna get rid of, lemme know. they need to come with rubber so i can toss them on and go, but lemme know what you guys have got along w pics and prices. thanks.

Re: WTB: stock or cheap aftermarket rims
Sunday, July 04, 2010 9:00 AM
i have a set of stock 99 z rims no tires 150 and there are yours im in northern va

Sunday, July 04, 2010 9:17 AM
zip? and could you meet or ship?

Sunday, July 04, 2010 9:20 AM
zip? and could you meet or ship?

Sunday, July 04, 2010 2:24 PM
If I get them off can I have them?
Also I have some wheel lock keys I could try for u. Let me know Ben.

Sunday, July 04, 2010 5:59 PM
well the idea was to sell the tires to recoup part of the expense of having to get new rims. 4 almost brand new kuhmo ast's and two other kinds (in my reg) w abt half tread or more are on the rears. so 6 18s in all.

buy those and the rims would be free for sure. only prob w them is the 1 crack on a pass front spoke. well, that and theyre ugly and chipped/rashed from the 5 or 6 .org mbers that have had them over the years.

shoot me a txt if you still have the # or pm me for it and we'll talk.

Sunday, July 04, 2010 9:47 PM
zip is 22554 would prefer not to ship maybe we could meet hlf way or something

Monday, July 05, 2010 12:20 AM
I have 2 sets of 95-99 z wheels, one set is curb rashed, the other is blasted ready for paint, $100 for a set.

Monday, July 05, 2010 1:39 AM
ds: where in oh are you? maybe we could get something goin on w jr if youre in his area. if both sets are the same $, i'll take the cleaner set.

jons: right now im trying to avoid driving too far due to the cracked rim, but once the net gets hooked up in the new place i'll see which of you guys are closer

Monday, July 05, 2010 1:45 AM
ds: where in oh are you? maybe we could get something goin on w jr if youre in his area. if both sets are the same $, i'll take the cleaner set.

jons: right now im trying to avoid driving too far due to the cracked rim, but once the net gets hooked up in the new place i'll see which of you guys are closer

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 1:50 AM
I am just outside Akron, 5 minutes from Summit Racing. And about 45 minutes northwest of JR. Let me know maybe we can figure out a place to meet up.

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 1:45 PM
jr and i are going to try to get the rims off tomorrow. i'll let you know from there...

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 8:55 AM
ill be traveling from nc to southeast indiana i could possibly help with transport

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Wednesday, July 07, 2010 3:25 PM
thanks to jr, this is how she looks now.

black 01z rims. finally, the curse of those old rims are over.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 5:40 PM
i got my rims in my sig for sale 350

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search